Staying on carbo

saundra
saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I met with a difference gyn/onc yesterday as mine was in an emergency and could not fly to my hometown. This lady is great with nutrition and I enjoy seeing her (two times now). She suggested that I continue on carbo given at slower rate and premedicated two days prior with steroids since it is working so well for me.
Left it entirely up to me, but I agreed to try one more dose the 2nd of December.

A new thing, she asked to see my tongue and said since I had a crevice down the center of it, I was low on Vitamin B-12. I have never heard of this but she said that taking B-12 would help my fatigue level. Told me to get Sublingual (disolves under tongue) B-12, 2000 mg. a day. I am giving it a try and will report in a month or so on my tongue and energy level. I love this woman as she is so up on Vitamins and colon bacteria. She also affirmed the Vit. B-6 and L-glutamin for warding off problems with numbness in hands and feet from chemo when I asked about that.

Blessing to all you ladies fighting the good fight!!! Saundra

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Good
    to hear you can continue Saundra, since it is working for you!! Hope the B12 can give you a boost!
    Hugs,
    kathleen:)
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Carbo
    So glad the carbo is working. Sounds like you found a nice Gyn/Onc and very knowledgeable.
    Sending you positive thought and lots of blessings.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Prayers
    Dearest Saundra, extra prayers to go along with the extra steroids. :-) I am very allergic and the extra premeds and slow infusion really makes a difference, praying it does for you too.

Interesting about the tongue info, never heard that before. I do use the L-glutamine and believe it helps but for me the neuropathy has gotten so bad again from the abraxane, that not much does help, except for being off it I am sure.

Blessing back at you along with Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • Mawty
    Mawty Member Posts: 133
    Crevis on Tongue
    Hi Saundra,

I have a crevis on my tongue, too, and I'm extremely exhausted, and I'm assuming it's from the Femara. I think I'll give that B12 a try. Thanks for the tip. I hope you continue to do well.

Blessings,

Marty
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Mawty said:

Crevis on Tongue
    Hi Saundra,

I have a crevis on my tongue, too, and I'm extremely exhausted, and I'm assuming it's from the Femara. I think I'll give that B12 a try. Thanks for the tip. I hope you continue to do well.

Blessings,

Marty

Femara
    I took Femara for 11 months.... wonder if there is a relation to the B-12 thing? Saundra