omg...this is WEIRD!!!

elizarose
elizarose Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My last chemo was July 2, my eyelashes fell out about 5 weeks later. Unless I'm going crazy...they are falling out again???!!!!

Good grief!!!!

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Dang! Dont tell me that
    Dang! Dont tell me that girl...mine just fell out and I console myself by what you all said about them growing back quickly....they're gonna fall out again????wahhh!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    dyaneb123 said:

Dang! Dont tell me that
    Dang! Dont tell me that girl...mine just fell out and I console myself by what you all said about them growing back quickly....they're gonna fall out again????wahhh!

Sounds like the "double"
    Sounds like the "double" fallout is normal. Mine came back quickly following chemo, but just this past couple of months they have thinned out again. Maybe it is "jet lag"...but they are starting to regrow again. Hope this doesn't happen over and over again. I tried the false eyelashes, and I looked like the proverbial hooker. Come on, eyelashes, grow!

Hugs,

Judy
  • elizarose

Sounds like the "double"
    Sounds like the "double" fallout is normal. Mine came back quickly following chemo, but just this past couple of months they have thinned out again. Maybe it is "jet lag"...but they are starting to regrow again. Hope this doesn't happen over and over again. I tried the false eyelashes, and I looked like the proverbial hooker. Come on, eyelashes, grow!

Hugs,

Judy

This actually makes the 3rd
    This actually makes the 3rd time mine have fallen out. So far this time my eyebrows are intact...
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    no no no....
    OMG.... lol don't tell me that!!!!!! I lost mine while I was on chemo and they are slowly just starting to come back now... it been 11 weeks since end of chemo...

I am sick of wearing falses... Ladies don't be afraid of the fake eye lashes.. with some practice they look very realistic .. you just can't go with long ones (when buying them go with a natural length set) and you have to wear eye liner and eye make-up to blend them in... but go for it... :-)
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    e_hope said:

no no no....
    OMG.... lol don't tell me that!!!!!! I lost mine while I was on chemo and they are slowly just starting to come back now... it been 11 weeks since end of chemo...

I am sick of wearing falses... Ladies don't be afraid of the fake eye lashes.. with some practice they look very realistic .. you just can't go with long ones (when buying them go with a natural length set) and you have to wear eye liner and eye make-up to blend them in... but go for it... :-)

Between....
    A false boop, fake hair and false eyelashes, I know I'd be major paranoid about what was falling off! I got brave today and wore a hat to chemo. It was major windy here and I was afraid I might've had to chase down the street after my hair!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Marlene_K said:

Between....
    A false boop, fake hair and false eyelashes, I know I'd be major paranoid about what was falling off! I got brave today and wore a hat to chemo. It was major windy here and I was afraid I might've had to chase down the street after my hair!

Great, mine are gone to. To
    Great, mine are gone to. To think that they will grow back just to fall out again.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Kat11 said:

Great, mine are gone to. To
    Great, mine are gone to. To think that they will grow back just to fall out again.

ok Girls calm down lol
    ok Girls calm down lol, not everyones will fall out again. don't get excited now, you guys are cracking me up. mine only fell out once and that was when i was in rads, chemo did not affect them at all.
    tj
  • elizarose
    tjhay said:

ok Girls calm down lol
    ok Girls calm down lol, not everyones will fall out again. don't get excited now, you guys are cracking me up. mine only fell out once and that was when i was in rads, chemo did not affect them at all.
    tj

True, my oncologist says I'm
    True, my oncologist says I'm odd anyway :-)
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    elizarose said:

True, my oncologist says I'm
    True, my oncologist says I'm odd anyway :-)

OMG
    Will it happen with hair too?
    AARRRGGGGG!
  • elizarose
    padee6339 said:

OMG
    Will it happen with hair too?
    AARRRGGGGG!

My hair didn't fall out
    My hair didn't fall out three times, thank goodness!