Started Taxol - feeling really lousy!

Goldenguru
Goldenguru Member Posts: 23
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I did really well with the A/C treatments (4 treatments over 8 weeks). Had some fatigue, etc., but for the most part felt pretty well.

On Monday I had the first of 12 Taxol treatments. I feel like I've been run over by a bus.

Anyone else feel lousy with the Taxol? I wonder if it could just be the cumulative affect of dumping toxins into my body?

I would appreciate any insights or tips. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Hope this isn't the norm!
    Hope this isn't the norm! In about 2 hrs I start my 1st of my 12 weekly doses of Taxol. I had very little issues with A/C which I had the last dose of 5 weeks ago yesterday.

As it's getting later into the short hours of winter perhaps S.A.D. is kicking in somewhat now? I know that I have problems with S.A.D. and it's worse this year than ever before.

Susan
  • Goldenguru
    Goldenguru Member Posts: 23
    Rague said:

Hope this isn't the norm!
    Hope this isn't the norm! In about 2 hrs I start my 1st of my 12 weekly doses of Taxol. I had very little issues with A/C which I had the last dose of 5 weeks ago yesterday.

As it's getting later into the short hours of winter perhaps S.A.D. is kicking in somewhat now? I know that I have problems with S.A.D. and it's worse this year than ever before.

Susan

Hi Susan -
    I hope it's not

Hi Susan -

I hope it's not the norm either. It's been a rough couple of days. I only had 2 weeks 'recovery' from my last A/C treatment. Glad that your body got 5 weeks to recover. :)

Let me know how you're doing.
  • debe999
    debe999 Member Posts: 2
    started taxol
    Sorry, I have no tips to give as I just had my first of 12 weekly Taxol treatments today. I had a really hard time with the A/C (4 treatments over 12 weeks). So far I feel fine from the Taxol, but it's only been 4 hours since I finished! I have heard that side effects won't set in for a couple of days. I am hoping it isn't too bad. I lost a lot of time at work during the A/C and I am hoping this will be easier.

My sister-in-law had Taxol every three weeks for 4 months. Her biggest complaint was extreme fatigue, which lasted several days. My oncologist said the weekly treatments should be easier as the dose is smaller. I'm hoping he's right!

I hope you feel better soon!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

Hi Susan -
    I hope it's not

Hi Susan -

I hope it's not the norm either. It's been a rough couple of days. I only had 2 weeks 'recovery' from my last A/C treatment. Glad that your body got 5 weeks to recover. :)

Let me know how you're doing.

I hope.......
    that you start to feel better!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    debe999 said:

started taxol
    Sorry, I have no tips to give as I just had my first of 12 weekly Taxol treatments today. I had a really hard time with the A/C (4 treatments over 12 weeks). So far I feel fine from the Taxol, but it's only been 4 hours since I finished! I have heard that side effects won't set in for a couple of days. I am hoping it isn't too bad. I lost a lot of time at work during the A/C and I am hoping this will be easier.

My sister-in-law had Taxol every three weeks for 4 months. Her biggest complaint was extreme fatigue, which lasted several days. My oncologist said the weekly treatments should be easier as the dose is smaller. I'm hoping he's right!

I hope you feel better soon!

Goldgeguru, Susan and
    Goldgeguru, Susan and debe999. I am not on that regiment. But hope you all feel better or have minimal side effects. My best wishes and prayers are with you all.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    always said:

Goldgeguru, Susan and
    Goldgeguru, Susan and debe999. I am not on that regiment. But hope you all feel better or have minimal side effects. My best wishes and prayers are with you all.

I hope that it gets easier
    I hope that it gets easier for you and that you get to feeling better soon.

Debby
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    DebbyM said:

I hope that it gets easier
    I hope that it gets easier for you and that you get to feeling better soon.

Debby

Taxol/Taxotare
    I had trouble with my first Taxotare treatment, I was in a lot of pain (Bone Muscle) Chemo brain was like Altzheimers and I was soooooooooo tired. Anyway enough of the bad news.... after the second tax treatment it was a lot better, after the third, barely noticeable, apart from the eyebrows/lashes falling out and the fingernails...........BUT I was able to work after the 2nd one... I hope this gets easier for you too. Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    tasha_111 said:

Taxol/Taxotare
    I had trouble with my first Taxotare treatment, I was in a lot of pain (Bone Muscle) Chemo brain was like Altzheimers and I was soooooooooo tired. Anyway enough of the bad news.... after the second tax treatment it was a lot better, after the third, barely noticeable, apart from the eyebrows/lashes falling out and the fingernails...........BUT I was able to work after the 2nd one... I hope this gets easier for you too. Jxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping that you feel better
    Hoping that you feel better soon!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • love9kidz
    love9kidz Member Posts: 23
    Taxol
    I had my first of 12 Taxol treatments on Friday. I feel fine so far. They gave me Benadryl before the chemo and it made me feel like I was going to pass out. My oncologist also stated that Taxol should be much easier than AC. I did really well with AC except for fatigue, which got worse after each treatment. I had no nausea or vomiting. My blood counts have been very good and I hope they continue since I do not have to take Neulasta shots anymore.
    I am very optimistic that things will get better from here.

I have faith of a mustard seed that joy is coming in the morning.

Have a blessed night.

Virginia
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    love9kidz said:

Taxol
    I had my first of 12 Taxol treatments on Friday. I feel fine so far. They gave me Benadryl before the chemo and it made me feel like I was going to pass out. My oncologist also stated that Taxol should be much easier than AC. I did really well with AC except for fatigue, which got worse after each treatment. I had no nausea or vomiting. My blood counts have been very good and I hope they continue since I do not have to take Neulasta shots anymore.
    I am very optimistic that things will get better from here.

I have faith of a mustard seed that joy is coming in the morning.

Have a blessed night.

Virginia

Sounds like your A/C
    was dose-dense? I, too had A/C that way - every 2 weeks for 8 weeks - then I had taxol the same way - every 2 weeks for 8 weeks. I didn't have any break inbetween the two. I think when you receive it that way it takes a bigger hit - at least thats what my onco said. I had alot of trouble with the A/C - nausea and losing weight. The taxol made me achey on about days 2, 3, & 4 but then got better. Everyone reacts differently - hopefully you'll feel better in a few days. Take care and hang in there - it'll be over soon!
    much love,
    Jenny