Options
2»

Comments

• GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Kim59 said:

chemo next month
    I saw the oncologist yesterday for the 1st time. I will be on Cytoxan and Taxotere. Anyone on these 2 drugs or have been on them.

chemo next month
    I was on those two drugs. Just finished my chemo last week. The side effects were minimal, but annoying. I had diarrhea once, a fever twice, and some mouth sores, but my doctor was always on top of things, and would prescribe meds to alleviate those symptoms. The worst for me was the hair loss. I continued to work throughout the chemo, just shorter days -- 6 hours instead of 8. My treatments were always on Fridays so I would have Sat, Sun and Mon to recuperate and get my strength back up. Good luck to you.. you will do fine. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Judy
  • myturn
    myturn Member Posts: 11
    Options

I am glad to hear
    I am glad to hear you made it to work...that will be a strong priority with me also. I have my first chemo today at 3:00pm (a Tuesday!) Am scared that I won't be able to come back to work all week...?? I hope that I can. I see that it was a Fri, Sat, and Sun that you had to recover..hmmm...maybe I should set my chemo dates up for thursdays instead of tuesdays.?

How are you feeling today? I hope that you are doing just fine.

Good luck with future treatments, wishing you the best, hope to follow in your footsteps regarding the work thing.

Tracy

How are you?
    How did it go? I hope you are feeling okay. I ended up missing work Tuesday. My bones ached so bad I couldn't stand to sit at my desk. I hope you don't have that problem. I keep telling myself that it will get better. Now I am having trouble sleeping, guess thats why I am on this site when I am usually asleep. Let me know how you are doing.
    Paula
  • myturn
    myturn Member Posts: 11
    Options

I am glad to hear
    I am glad to hear you made it to work...that will be a strong priority with me also. I have my first chemo today at 3:00pm (a Tuesday!) Am scared that I won't be able to come back to work all week...?? I hope that I can. I see that it was a Fri, Sat, and Sun that you had to recover..hmmm...maybe I should set my chemo dates up for thursdays instead of tuesdays.?

How are you feeling today? I hope that you are doing just fine.

Good luck with future treatments, wishing you the best, hope to follow in your footsteps regarding the work thing.

Tracy

How are you?
    How did it go? I hope you are feeling okay. I ended up missing work Tuesday. My bones ached so bad I couldn't stand to sit at my desk. I hope you don't have that problem. I keep telling myself that it will get better. Now I am having trouble sleeping, guess thats why I am on this site when I am usually asleep. Let me know how you are doing.
    Paula