breast cancer

carmiles
carmiles Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just had my first chemo treatment yesterday and everything went fine. I was expecting more side effects today, but so far I am feeling fine. I will have to have 3 more treatments within the next 3 months.

Anyone out there in my situation!

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Been there done that, but am
    Been there done that, but am not on chemo right now. Just wanted to say that I am glad you are doing well and am sending lots of prayers your way!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Having my 2nd today...
    I am on TAC and will have my 2nd treatment today. I didn't experience many side effects the first time and hoping that continues. I go every 21 days for 6 sessions. I think I experienced more side effects from the neulasta shot... I felt very achy and had flu-like symptoms from that. I work full time so I have my chemo on Thursday; it seems the next day I feel real good from the steroids. I pop over to the hospital at lunch time for the neulasta shot and go back to work. By evening, I'm feeling a bit run down and then I have the entire weekend to recoup. Well, at least that's how it was the first time. I'm hoping for a replay ;) Wishing you the best and hope that you continue to have little to no side effects!

Hugs ~ Mar
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marlene_K said:

Having my 2nd today...
    I am on TAC and will have my 2nd treatment today. I didn't experience many side effects the first time and hoping that continues. I go every 21 days for 6 sessions. I think I experienced more side effects from the neulasta shot... I felt very achy and had flu-like symptoms from that. I work full time so I have my chemo on Thursday; it seems the next day I feel real good from the steroids. I pop over to the hospital at lunch time for the neulasta shot and go back to work. By evening, I'm feeling a bit run down and then I have the entire weekend to recoup. Well, at least that's how it was the first time. I'm hoping for a replay ;) Wishing you the best and hope that you continue to have little to no side effects!

Hugs ~ Mar

Marlene .. Keep up the great attitude and game plan with
    chemo on Thursday, Neulasta shot on Friday and recoup and recovering over the week-end. I amd tickled PINK, that you have very few if any side efforts. This is a Blessings indeed.
    Thank our Lord, you being a single working mother and all.

Strength, Love and Courage today.

VickiSam