Calling "Newbie" Rads Girls!!

MyTurnNow
MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know Traci started a discussion regarding those of us new to rads but I'm wondering how many of you are out there? As I recall, Traci was supposed to start this week and Pat is starting today. I have had 5 treatments so far. Let's all keep tabs on each other and share our experience. Thanks.

Comments

  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490
    I had my 13th today, 2 more
    I had my 13th today, 2 more and I'm half way through! so far no burning.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    lanie940 said:

    I had my 13th today, 2 more
    I had my 13th today, 2 more and I'm half way through! so far no burning.

    That's great news on the "no
    That's great news on the "no burning". I hope my experience is the same. Good luck on "no burning" through the rest of the treatments!! What type of lotion are you using? My doc said just aloe lotion.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    How did you get ahead of me?!?
    Girl, who did you have to flirt with to get in so fast? :-)

    I had my simulation last week, and start tomorrow.

    Traci
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    TraciInLA said:

    How did you get ahead of me?!?
    Girl, who did you have to flirt with to get in so fast? :-)

    I had my simulation last week, and start tomorrow.

    Traci

    You know what they say, the
    You know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.......I squeaked!! No, really, I'm not sure. I did tell the radiation oncologist that I wanted to be done by the end of the year. This is mainly for insurance purposes. I have met my out-of-pocket deductible (imagine that) and didn't want to have to start over with just a couple of treatments left. Anyway, so far, so good!! Let's keep in touch on our progress. Good luck!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    hello,MyTurnNow,Traci
    Hi,I had my second one today.I hope none of us have any set backs.The Dr. told me sometimes thet give you a rest period in between.I hope we all sail through it with no set backs.I am going do do what the dr. said so hopefully I will be done by the end of the year.And yes lets all keep in touch.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    ppurdin said:

    hello,MyTurnNow,Traci
    Hi,I had my second one today.I hope none of us have any set backs.The Dr. told me sometimes thet give you a rest period in between.I hope we all sail through it with no set backs.I am going do do what the dr. said so hopefully I will be done by the end of the year.And yes lets all keep in touch.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

    there's not always a set back
    It does happen to some, but many people go through their whole treatment just fine. I had very little skin irritation and no fatigue. I wish the same for all of you.

    Mimi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    ppurdin said:

    hello,MyTurnNow,Traci
    Hi,I had my second one today.I hope none of us have any set backs.The Dr. told me sometimes thet give you a rest period in between.I hope we all sail through it with no set backs.I am going do do what the dr. said so hopefully I will be done by the end of the year.And yes lets all keep in touch.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

    I don't know about your
    I don't know about your schedule, but my treatment center is closed obviously for Thanksgiving but also the day after. This will be a good 4-day break in my opinion. I hope we all complete this by the end of the year. Then, let's have the biggest cyber party ever!!