I mailed my ornament today~

Options
2»

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    WOW
    Whoa, I am so very impressed!!! I will be mailing mine next week. I love this Christmas exchange, Chen thank you again for heading this up.

RE
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Well aren't you the
    Well aren't you the over-achiever? I may go on a limb here and say you are gifted! Yes, you are a gifted gift-giver. I haven't even bought mine yet. Can I get extra-credit for at least knowing the kind I want to buy?

Sheesh - I need to stick to keeping my competitive spirit on the sports field. You girls are shopping goddesses and I can never measure up to that!!! My mother would LOOOOOVE you! Well done!

Thanks for inspiring me to get off my rear and spread some joy to my sister in pink.

Oh - how funny would it be if my gift is going to YOU?!?!?!

Have a great weekend!
    Pitt
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Way to make the rest of us look bad!
    Geez, Melanie. LOL. Well, you lit a fire under my feet for sure. Calleen, I love your idea of the two ornaments. I'm a member of the Smithsonian museums, so my ornament will be from a museum gift shop and might have a DC or museum theme. I'm really excited about getting it.

Mimi
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    mimivac said:

Way to make the rest of us look bad!
    Geez, Melanie. LOL. Well, you lit a fire under my feet for sure. Calleen, I love your idea of the two ornaments. I'm a member of the Smithsonian museums, so my ornament will be from a museum gift shop and might have a DC or museum theme. I'm really excited about getting it.

Mimi

It is a good idea
    I like Calleens idea too. I was already thinking maybe I would do something with everyones names..little ribbons or something so you are all a part of my Christmas. I haven't decided yet.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Ornament
    I already have mine to send and its in the box. I just have to take it to the post office and was hoping to get that done this Saturday. I sure hope my person likes the ornament. I had originally purchased it for myself because I loved it, then decided it would be for my sister in pink when this started.
    Pat
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Ornament
    I already have mine to send and its in the box. I just have to take it to the post office and was hoping to get that done this Saturday. I sure hope my person likes the ornament. I had originally purchased it for myself because I loved it, then decided it would be for my sister in pink when this started.
    Pat

Three cheers for Chen!
    This is such an uplifting event!! Shall I annoy everyone a little more and tell you I already started my holiday baking??? I hear your groans.....but yes, it is the only way i can get it all done, starting early and freezing it till it is time to give it all away. The other day one of my son's said "Mom, if that was all i received for Christmas, it would be just fine~ your cookies are amazing". To know that someday they will remember my holiday baking in such a special way touches my heart.
    Now quit groaning and start your baking! LoL, LoL, LoLLLLLLLL! (i really love you all)
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

Three cheers for Chen!
    This is such an uplifting event!! Shall I annoy everyone a little more and tell you I already started my holiday baking??? I hear your groans.....but yes, it is the only way i can get it all done, starting early and freezing it till it is time to give it all away. The other day one of my son's said "Mom, if that was all i received for Christmas, it would be just fine~ your cookies are amazing". To know that someday they will remember my holiday baking in such a special way touches my heart.
    Now quit groaning and start your baking! LoL, LoL, LoLLLLLLLL! (i really love you all)

Mmmmm Cookies!!
    Sounds like you may have to share a cookie recipe or two under the Recipe thread so that we can try to catch up to you!!!

The cookie I make every year for Christmas can't be frozen. They are a Norweigan cookie called krumkake (pronounced Kroomkaka)and require a special iron to make one at a time. Even though they take a bit of time to make a whole batch, they are well worth it!

That being said, I'd be open to trying something I could make ahead of time to go along with the krumkake!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Three cheers for Chen!

Cookies!
    I suppose you are doing all this early baking so you can ship boxes of cookies to your sisters here at CSN?? :)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Cookies!
    I suppose you are doing all this early baking so you can ship boxes of cookies to your sisters here at CSN?? :)

Oh, goodie!!! Did I read
    Oh, goodie!!! Did I read that GreeneyedGirl is sending cookies to all of us??? LOL
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Oh, goodie!!! Did I read
    Oh, goodie!!! Did I read that GreeneyedGirl is sending cookies to all of us??? LOL

Oh goody, cookies. I love
    Oh goody, cookies. I love the krummykaka cookies and spritz and fudge and chocolate chip and well all of them. Can't wait to get my box of cookies. LOL
    Stef
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    fauxma said:

Oh goody, cookies. I love
    Oh goody, cookies. I love the krummykaka cookies and spritz and fudge and chocolate chip and well all of them. Can't wait to get my box of cookies. LOL
    Stef

Uh Oh...
    ....what have I done?? created cookie monsters? I was thinking of starting a thread on holiday baking and sharing a recipe. Perhaps I can get to that next week. Great thought.
    Blowing you all "cookie kisses".....
    M
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I mailed mine this afternoon!!!!
    Ok Ok! I am as much a victim of peer pressure as anyone! LOL I mailed my ornament this afternoon! Barring any further complications ( trust me, you don't want to know) my secret sister will hopefully get her ornament by GroundHog Day! LOL But don't count on it!

Hugs,
    C♥
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    chenheart said:

I mailed mine this afternoon!!!!
    Ok Ok! I am as much a victim of peer pressure as anyone! LOL I mailed my ornament this afternoon! Barring any further complications ( trust me, you don't want to know) my secret sister will hopefully get her ornament by GroundHog Day! LOL But don't count on it!

Hugs,
    C♥

GroundHog Day
    Ground Hog Day is 2/2 and it's my birthday. The snail mail is never that slow.
    I will be shopping today for that just right special ornament for my secret sister.

Hugs,
    Margo