Night sweats

jhagerup
jhagerup Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Anyone experienced night sweats? e.g., wake up with a partially wet shirt? I'm 3 weeks post-op and have been getting them nightly for the past few days. No other symptoms really.

Comments

• txbarton
    txbarton Member Posts: 89 Member
    Sweats
    Night sweats, day sweats, any inopportune time sweats.

I started random excessive sweating about the time of my diagnosis. I have said that if I think hard I sweat. My PCP said it was a hormonal balance issue. It has gotten worse since the surgery. Both urologists I see have confirmed it is hormonal and can be expected after a prostatectomy.

The surgeon says I can start hormone balance therapy, androgel, when I get the post-op PSA, the local urologist says I can't start it for a year. Androgel is called a "fertlizer" for prostate cancer so I am torn.

VB
  • jhagerup
    jhagerup Member Posts: 68
    txbarton said:

Sweats
    Night sweats, day sweats, any inopportune time sweats.

I started random excessive sweating about the time of my diagnosis. I have said that if I think hard I sweat. My PCP said it was a hormonal balance issue. It has gotten worse since the surgery. Both urologists I see have confirmed it is hormonal and can be expected after a prostatectomy.

The surgeon says I can start hormone balance therapy, androgel, when I get the post-op PSA, the local urologist says I can't start it for a year. Androgel is called a "fertlizer" for prostate cancer so I am torn.

VB

Thanks for the info....
    Thanks for the info.... maybe I'll live with them - don't need fertilizer.

I know that testosterone doesn't come from the prostate but it sounds like something does and therefore, messes us up when it's removed? Interesting.
  • NM
    NM Member Posts: 214
    jhagerup said:

Thanks for the info....
    Thanks for the info.... maybe I'll live with them - don't need fertilizer.

I know that testosterone doesn't come from the prostate but it sounds like something does and therefore, messes us up when it's removed? Interesting.

Night sweats
    I have had night sweats for about 6 years could this be a early sign of prostate cancer or just a coincidence?

Nick
  • Brian_A
    Brian_A Member Posts: 53
    I did for a while
    After I came home from my bladder and prostrate rempveal I had night sweats. I would wake up so wet I thought I done pee every where. It has been a year now since the removal and I am 31, but I only have these night sweats every 3-4 months now.
  • steckley
    steckley Member Posts: 100
    Night Sweats
    I had night sweats after my prostate was removed. I read that reducing alcohol comsumption would help (I'd have wine or a mixed drink at night) ... I quit drinking and the sweats went away.
  • tr008
    tr008 Member Posts: 9
    Night sweats
    I had my surgery on Nov. 3rd and since I've been home I have had night sweats on about 3 or 4 nights only. I have no idea myself but would love to hear an explanation.
  • gaburrell
    gaburrell Member Posts: 25
    Night Sweats
    I get both night and day sweats. i was told by my Oncologist that the hormone treatment I am receiving is the cause.