natural cure stuff

kathyrcady
kathyrcady Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was wondering if anyone else sees this disease as a big money maker for dr.s radiologists drug companys hospitals etc. I just feel like the organization is just putting me on a conveyer belt and moving me down the line ,like a factory, do this, zap that, see me in 2 weeks. Its not that I dislike any one of the Dr.s that I have, maybe because Iv been a nurse in ICU so long and see how the system takes people in, drains the insurence, and dosent really look at the person.Its a definit negative vib. if I express an opinion or rock the traditional cancer boat. well thats my rant, and hope I didnt offend anyone,,best best best to all Kathy,

Comments

• mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    No Kathy - I'm right there
    No Kathy - I'm right there with you. I looked into some natural or alternative remedies - but either wasn't sure I could comply with the regimens or trust that they really worked - and fearing that if I didn't do this whole chemo/rads/tamxafen thing I would be risking my future with my daughter. So I have decided to do a combo thing. Tomorrow I am going to see a naturalist who does Meridian Stress Analysis who says they can support me with homeopathic means to help my immune system improve and withstand all this other stuff. There are others who have been helped - the hard thing is that the medical establishment can give you facts, figures, studies, thousands of people having gone through it and X amount came out X - whereas the naturalists are one of here and there - no large studies that show long term benefit. . .I think that is what got me.

I guess there is no one way - no right way - we each follow our path. I agree that the Dr.s I have are sincere and are not out to do this just for $$$. But I can't help thinking that somewhere up in the AMA and definitely the drug companies, there are people who would squash things that weren't conducive to their bottom line. . .just how is one to know! It could drive you crazy.

So we each have to go with what our inner voice tells us and be positive and channel all good things. That's my approach anyway!

Lori
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124

No Kathy - I'm right there with you. I looked into some natural or alternative remedies - but either wasn't sure I could comply with the regimens or trust that they really worked - and fearing that if I didn't do this whole chemo/rads/tamxafen thing I would be risking my future with my daughter. So I have decided to do a combo thing. Tomorrow I am going to see a naturalist who does Meridian Stress Analysis who says they can support me with homeopathic means to help my immune system improve and withstand all this other stuff. There are others who have been helped - the hard thing is that the medical establishment can give you facts, figures, studies, thousands of people having gone through it and X amount came out X - whereas the naturalists are one of here and there - no large studies that show long term benefit. . .I think that is what got me.

I guess there is no one way - no right way - we each follow our path. I agree that the Dr.s I have are sincere and are not out to do this just for $$$. But I can't help thinking that somewhere up in the AMA and definitely the drug companies, there are people who would squash things that weren't conducive to their bottom line. . .just how is one to know! It could drive you crazy.

So we each have to go with what our inner voice tells us and be positive and channel all good things. That's my approach anyway!

Lori

I have been confronted with
    I have been confronted with this thought process to but I have a hard time believing that the entire healthcare industry is a part of some immense conspiracy theory to hide any type of cure for cancer. I've gone to homeopathic stores and been told awful things like all chemo is made from mustard gas all traditional medical treatments, chemo, radiation, etc are wrong. I've also talked to my doctors about using alternative treatments and they have encouraged me to try different different things and have even suggested treatments using herbs or acupuncture. I also know someone who chose not to do chemo and is only using natural remedies and they say its working. I don't know. I just know I had an aggressive stage III cancer and didn't feel like I had time to "experiment". Like Lori said, we each have to follow our own path.

Beth
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    elizarose said:

I have been confronted with this thought process to but I have a hard time believing that the entire healthcare industry is a part of some immense conspiracy theory to hide any type of cure for cancer. I've gone to homeopathic stores and been told awful things like all chemo is made from mustard gas all traditional medical treatments, chemo, radiation, etc are wrong. I've also talked to my doctors about using alternative treatments and they have encouraged me to try different different things and have even suggested treatments using herbs or acupuncture. I also know someone who chose not to do chemo and is only using natural remedies and they say its working. I don't know. I just know I had an aggressive stage III cancer and didn't feel like I had time to "experiment". Like Lori said, we each have to follow our own path.

Beth

As Beth I also had stage III C
    so I did not have time to try and see what would happen. I have family, so I could not take a risk, that is why I took a traditional way if BC treatment. Yes, cancer treatment by conventional/Western medicine is BIg $$$. Just look at your bills/EOB. My treatment surgery, reconstruction Chemo, Radiation cost approximately $ 300,000.00 . There are questions , but no answers.
    Yesterday "Law and Order" series showed one scenario about pharmaceutical company.
    It is a very personal choice and decision. My traditional oncologist allows his patients to use all available means, including herbs, vitamins, whatever they want.
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279

Lori

I've been fortunate that my chemo doc
    is also supportive of alternative medicine to help with the s/e. He has referred me to a natureopathic chemo doc here on island and I'm going to make an appt this week. I really don't want to be on alot of other meds to control the s/e. Lori, how did the Neulasta shot go. I get mine tomorrow morning since the clinic isn't open on Sat. If I tell them early enough next time they will arrange for one of the ER nurses to give it to me but I'm not sure how much more that will add to the "bottom line" bill. I'm feeling pretty good for 2nd day post chemo. I'm going to be at my daughter's a bit longer than I thought, my granddaughter is coming down with something so I can't go back there yet. Lola
  • lovelylola

Lori

OOPS! Dbl post
    hit the button 2x
  • mizcaldwell

I've been fortunate that my chemo doc
    is also supportive of alternative medicine to help with the s/e. He has referred me to a natureopathic chemo doc here on island and I'm going to make an appt this week. I really don't want to be on alot of other meds to control the s/e. Lori, how did the Neulasta shot go. I get mine tomorrow morning since the clinic isn't open on Sat. If I tell them early enough next time they will arrange for one of the ER nurses to give it to me but I'm not sure how much more that will add to the "bottom line" bill. I'm feeling pretty good for 2nd day post chemo. I'm going to be at my daughter's a bit longer than I thought, my granddaughter is coming down with something so I can't go back there yet. Lola

Neulasta
    The shot was a piece of cake - a stick to the arm. So far, no real pains noticed. I don't know how long it takes to get any. I've had a twinge here or there . . but nothing at all to complain about. I am lucky enough to have a couple of cancer centers around here - so they found me one closer to my home than where I get my infusions . . .so it made that part easy.

Sorry to hear that your little one is getting sick. I guess we have to be so careful. I just sent my principal an email. I'm proposing sending a letter home to my students' parents explaining the situation, and telling them that I will have masks and hand sanitizer in my room. If there child comes to speech class with a cough, dripping nose, etc., I will give them the option to wear a mask or go back to class until they feel better. We'll see what she says. I think it sounds reasonable. It would be hard for me to wear the mask - I have to model their speech sounds!

I'm feeling fortunate - keeping my fingers crossed!

Lori
  • kathyrcady

Lori

natural stuff
    Thank you for your reply miz,I guess you could say im a rebel and have just never taken anything without a fight. Its made me feel good to think im not just out there by myself. like I said befor Im still waiting my onchotype to see about the recommendation for chemo,,so Im in a holding pattern right now. I bet most of us have read a lot fo the same literature re. breast cancer. So we all have a lot of the same info. Its looking like I will not do rad/ chem right now ,,I jus hope i can do the follow thru with the exersise/diet/stuff. thank you for writing to me best wishes,,,Kathy
  • kathyrcady
    elizarose said:

Beth

natural stuff
    eliza, thank you for your post, I admire you for going through all the stuff you have gone thru. And i agree cancer is not a time to expierement. I hope I didnt offend you with what I said. Im just very scarred and want to do the best thing. I hope you are doing good and haveing a nice cool fall ( excellent hot flash weather) soo you on the forum,,,kathy
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124

natural stuff
    eliza, thank you for your post, I admire you for going through all the stuff you have gone thru. And i agree cancer is not a time to expierement. I hope I didnt offend you with what I said. Im just very scarred and want to do the best thing. I hope you are doing good and haveing a nice cool fall ( excellent hot flash weather) soo you on the forum,,,kathy

No, you didn't offend me.
    No, you didn't offend me. I'm sorry if my post made you feel that way. I was actually thinking of the woman who told me she wouldn't contribute to relay for life because she believed the acs is controlled by pharmaceutical companies and they don't want us to have a cure for cancer. So I supposed I was venting some :)
    Beth
  • lovelylola

Neulasta
    The shot was a piece of cake - a stick to the arm. So far, no real pains noticed. I don't know how long it takes to get any. I've had a twinge here or there . . but nothing at all to complain about. I am lucky enough to have a couple of cancer centers around here - so they found me one closer to my home than where I get my infusions . . .so it made that part easy.

Sorry to hear that your little one is getting sick. I guess we have to be so careful. I just sent my principal an email. I'm proposing sending a letter home to my students' parents explaining the situation, and telling them that I will have masks and hand sanitizer in my room. If there child comes to speech class with a cough, dripping nose, etc., I will give them the option to wear a mask or go back to class until they feel better. We'll see what she says. I think it sounds reasonable. It would be hard for me to wear the mask - I have to model their speech sounds!

Lori

Precautions of working
    I too have the hand sanitizer and masks ready since I do pull-outs for IDEA kids with behavioral problems. When I send for a student, the teachers have agreed to do a quick check to make sure they aren't actively coughing, runny nose etc. and won't send down any that seem questionable. I'll catch up with them later. I've only told a few parents right now. My case load is fairly small right now - 9 (It's been as high as 24 so I'm so thankful)
    Got my fingers crossed too. I'm already bored being at home and my supervisor just called to check in with me.
    Told her if I'm still feeling this good tomorrow, I'm coming in. Sounds like you have a supportive staff as well.
    Take care, Lola
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82

Neulasta

Lori

Neulasta
    Glad to know the shot is a minor event. My onc told me it kicks in when the white cells start dropping which may be several days out. She said the pain is often in the hips, sternum, and femur area where there is a high concentration of marrow.

Angela
  • mizcaldwell

natural stuff
    Thank you for your reply miz,I guess you could say im a rebel and have just never taken anything without a fight. Its made me feel good to think im not just out there by myself. like I said befor Im still waiting my onchotype to see about the recommendation for chemo,,so Im in a holding pattern right now. I bet most of us have read a lot fo the same literature re. breast cancer. So we all have a lot of the same info. Its looking like I will not do rad/ chem right now ,,I jus hope i can do the follow thru with the exersise/diet/stuff. thank you for writing to me best wishes,,,Kathy

Kathy
    If you are considering

Kathy

If you are considering going all natural - look into Protocel. It is a liquid - the dosing regimen is strict - but a lady I know feels she is doing great with it. I just didn't have confidence in me with it - but check it out.

Lori
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I just want to be cancer
    I just want to be cancer free and to live a full and healthy life, so, I am fighting bc with everything that my oncologist and rads oncologist have for me, except for tamox. I don't believe in it. But, everyone has to do what is best for them.
  • janiekintz
    janiekintz Member Posts: 1

Kathy
    If you are considering

Kathy

If you are considering going all natural - look into Protocel. It is a liquid - the dosing regimen is strict - but a lady I know feels she is doing great with it. I just didn't have confidence in me with it - but check it out.

Lori

Protocel
    Im really curious to speak with someone who has tried Protocel. My friend has Stage IV cancer. It has spread to her liver, lungs and lymphnodes. She is going to do Protocel. I would like to know how others have done with it.

Thanks and God Bless
    Janie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729

Protocel
    Im really curious to speak with someone who has tried Protocel. My friend has Stage IV cancer. It has spread to her liver, lungs and lymphnodes. She is going to do Protocel. I would like to know how others have done with it.

Thanks and God Bless
    Janie

Sorry
    I found a site that explains Protocel
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cancell/patient
    Doesn't sound like it works.
  • Findingout
    Findingout Member Posts: 132
    Hi Kathy,
    I welcome your

Hi Kathy,
    I welcome your rant. Just having started chemo last Thurs I too have doubts; how can something this bad be good for me? By "this bad" I just mean that it's killing cells and making me feel lousy.

I too question everything but had a fast growing tumor that HAD to be Gone. I'm right there with you, with doubts. I just don't know what else to do. Someone suggested chanting the cancer away. I just don't feel confident enough not to do chemo, and yet have doubts while doing it.
    It's the biggest catch 22 of my life for sure. I wish I had answers.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Thank you for posting this
    I went through chemo kicking and scream (even if it was just in my imagination). Prior to cancer
    I never took any medication at all, strong believer in rest, nutrition and physical fitness. So it was
    VERY hard for me to have them pump all these chemicals in my body. But as others posted before,
    I was clueless on what to do. But I knew one thing, my cancer was very aggressive and the tumor
    grew so fast, I did not have time to experiment. Am I experimenting now? You bet I am. I didn't
    during chemo, did not want to interfere with it. But now I do everything I personally think would
    be beneficial to me. I am a big advocate for juicing and I read and learn a lot about natural ways to
    heal my battered body. And some times I feel like I stepped on some toes when I posted on here.
    But I don't want to tell anyone how to go about their healing, I am just suggesting and sharing. Our
    bodies went through so much that I think we need to take EXTREMELY good care of them.

I get that a lot, sometimes I felt like I asked too many questions but then again this is MY life
    and I have a right to get as much information as I can. I feel like my oncologist is not taking my
    side effects seriously. And I HATE, hate hate not getting an answer... as to why I feel so exhausted.
    It scares me... since the year leading up to my diagnosis, I went through similar things and at
    time also no one knew what was wrong with me. But I am still getting my ohm on when I can
    and I keep walking as much as I can. There's gotta be light at the end of the tunnel.. I just know it.
    Sorry for rambling on. I don't handle not being able to be active very well.

Hugs,
    Ayse