breast hard after lumpetomy

Options
helen e
helen e Member Posts: 223
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It has been over 1 month since my lumpectomy and my breast is still very tender and hard. I would not be worried about it being hard except it isn't hard where they took the lump from. It's even higher than the incision and below it. There is no redness or oozing from the incision. It's just started to get more tender and sore these last 4-5 days. The lump was small and they didn't have to take out much more than the size of a grape. Anyone else have this problem or know anything about it?

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    When is your next doctor's
    When is your next doctor's appmt? Are you in radiation? I would prob. call the doctor if you don't have an appmt. coming up. Or, if you are in rads, ask your nurse/doc about it.
    Good luck!
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Options
    Tux said:

When is your next doctor's
    When is your next doctor's appmt? Are you in radiation? I would prob. call the doctor if you don't have an appmt. coming up. Or, if you are in rads, ask your nurse/doc about it.
    Good luck!

Not in radiation
    I see my onco on the 12th. Have to have mastectomy and won't need rads (may not need chemo too!).
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Infection?
    Hi Helen,

You might want to call your surgeon & check with them. It could be an infection, even if the incision looks good. I think it is usually better to "call & check" than "wait and see"!

Hugs,

Fran