hairless-all over

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just noticed today that the hair is completely off my legs and arms, my head is now shiny after losing the stubble left from the clippers, the whiskers are off my chin, and no "bikini wax" is needed anytime soon. But my eyebrows and lashes are still hanging on. When do they go? I'm doing the 3rd chemo on the 16th.

Comments

• elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    I didn't lose my eyebrows
    I didn't lose my eyebrows and eyelashes until at least a month after I finished chemo. The new lashes and brows started coming in immediately and grew back fast!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Yeah the bad news is that
    Yeah the bad news is that the eyelashes and brows don't seem to go until a month after you finsih chemo. Mine just fell out and havn't started growing back yet.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Chin hairs....
    The eyelashes and eyebrows hang on to the bitter end. about a month after chemo ends.....My eyebrows just thinned and my eyelashes went kaput on my left eye..had more on the right eye..weird, huh? But they are starting to grow back....and never fear.......THE CHIN HAIRS WILL RETURN........I promise..tee hee......believe it or not, other than the hair on my head coming back, a chin hair was the first thing I noticed, that was "back." Figures doesn't it?..

So, have no fear ALL your hair will return......just takes time.....I enjoyed not having to shave my legs or underarms....about the best SE of chemo....

Good luck Laurissa on your remaining chemos.....
    Peace be with you.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    dyaneb123 said:

Yeah the bad news is that
    Yeah the bad news is that the eyelashes and brows don't seem to go until a month after you finsih chemo. Mine just fell out and havn't started growing back yet.

I never
    I never lost my eyebrows or eyelashes--yes they thinned out but I never had to use an eyebrow pencil.
    I finished my chemo July 23 and my eyelashes are sooooo long that when I wear mascara it gets on my glasses if I don't wait for it to dry.

Hair on my legs have come back that I have to shave everyday. Arm pits once a week a just a few hairs(5-10).

Margo
  • Lymph23
    Lymph23 Member Posts: 23
    Better hair than before
    I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows about half way through my chemo my hair after just one session. It all started to come back straight after I finished. Everyone says my hair is better than it ever was. My eyelashes are longer and thicker. Good luck with the rest on your chemo. Keep strong and postive.
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    my eyebrows
    and lashes got thin while I was on the A/C - after I started the taxol they left fast! I guess we're all different on how fast we lose it. It's been 2+ months since my chemo and everything is coming back. Back to shaving again - that part was nice while it lasted. It'll be quick - soon you'll have your beautiful hair back once again!
    -Jenny
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

my eyebrows
    and lashes got thin while I was on the A/C - after I started the taxol they left fast! I guess we're all different on how fast we lose it. It's been 2+ months since my chemo and everything is coming back. Back to shaving again - that part was nice while it lasted. It'll be quick - soon you'll have your beautiful hair back once again!
    -Jenny

Affects everyone a little differently
    I did 4 rounds of Cytoxan/Taxotere -- the "southern region" hair was the first to go, followed by the hair on my head.

I'm so jealous of those of you who didn't have to shave your legs or underarms -- my hair started growing more slowly there, but I never lost it.

My eyebrows thinned a lot, but my eyelashes stayed the same. I'm 4 weeks out from my last chemo, so I'm hoping that they hang on. Still no regrowth "down there," and legs and underarms are about the same.

And yes, me too -- the VERY FIRST hairs I noticed coming back were the a couple on my chin! I remember saying sarcastically to them in the mirror: "Oh, thank goodness you're back -- I missed you so!"

NOT!

:-) Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Affects everyone a little differently
    I did 4 rounds of Cytoxan/Taxotere -- the "southern region" hair was the first to go, followed by the hair on my head.

I'm so jealous of those of you who didn't have to shave your legs or underarms -- my hair started growing more slowly there, but I never lost it.

My eyebrows thinned a lot, but my eyelashes stayed the same. I'm 4 weeks out from my last chemo, so I'm hoping that they hang on. Still no regrowth "down there," and legs and underarms are about the same.

And yes, me too -- the VERY FIRST hairs I noticed coming back were the a couple on my chin! I remember saying sarcastically to them in the mirror: "Oh, thank goodness you're back -- I missed you so!"

NOT!

:-) Traci

Strangely enough .. I have not lost my southern
    region hair - still shaving leg's and underarms .. growing a little slower than normal. My lashes and eyebrows have thinned, but hanging on.

I am on week #10 of 18 continuous chemo treatments -- no breaks. TCH/Herc/Herc.

I have hair on my scalp .. Yes, It's real & over 90% of my scalp. Longest hair is 3/4". i TRY not to analyze any of the hair issues related to chemo. I just go with the flow. Last buzz cut down to my scalp was on 10/12. I may wake up tomorrow and all my scalp hair may be gone, AGAIN.

VickiSam
  • KeriLee
    KeriLee Member Posts: 25
    Hairless
    I lost all my hair eventually, I think the worst was my nose hair, keep tissue handy you can always draw on eyebrows.
    Keri