Prothesis

Options
Marlene_K
Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, so I was getting dressed this morning and remembered I've been wanting to do this post. I had a radical mastectomy of my left breast without immediate reconstruction. My surgeon felt it would be in my best interest to wait until after radiation. Anyway, I'm getting real tired of 'pinning' in the foam form that I received in the hospital. When I first found out about this, I saw a prosthesis on a site that stuck on and stayed on for up to a week at a time. This is something I'm very interested in because I often come home from work and want to rip my bra off. It even had a realistic nipple on it... great for under a camisole which I normally like to wear at home. But, now I can't find it again. Even though, for the most part, it's just my boys that are around, I hate the contrast look. The prosthesis I've seen seem to only go inside a bra flap... big deal! I'll just continue with the foam if that's all it does. Anyone ever see or hear of the one I'm speaking about? And if not, what have any of you 'non-reconstructive' ladies done??

Comments

• elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    Options
    I haven't heard of the
    I haven't heard of the prosthesis you're asking about but I did get fitted for a prosthesis and bra. It is MUCH better than stuffing filled things I got at the hospital. It has weight and doesn't ride up. I'll do a little research and see if I can find the one you're talking about.
    Good luck!
    Beth
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
    Hi Marlene, I found this site that may be of some help. They all say you should wear a bra with them but a few of them clearly state they adhere to the chest not a pocket bra. Anyway if you are interested copy and paste this link to check it out.

http://www.nearlyou.com/products.taf?search=Attachable_Breast_Forms&parent_id=8

Hugs,

RE
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Try eBay
    I actually got a set to use for swimming. not the stick on kind though. Didn't want to use my good in bra ones. Beware of the ones from Vancouver BC - took almost a month to arrive and that's with much email. I remember seeing some that indicated stick on. Lola
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    RE said:

Nice to meet you!
    Hi Marlene, I found this site that may be of some help. They all say you should wear a bra with them but a few of them clearly state they adhere to the chest not a pocket bra. Anyway if you are interested copy and paste this link to check it out.

http://www.nearlyou.com/products.taf?search=Attachable_Breast_Forms&parent_id=8

Hugs,

RE

Thanks, RE
    Thanks so much for taking the time to point out this site, but no... this isn't it either. Sometimes I wonder if I wasn't dreaming. They advertised that you could shower in them, etc. and leave them on for up to a week. I just can't imagine that it wasn't real, lol. But I've put in extensive searches and just can't seem to find them again.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Try eBay
    I actually got a set to use for swimming. not the stick on kind though. Didn't want to use my good in bra ones. Beware of the ones from Vancouver BC - took almost a month to arrive and that's with much email. I remember seeing some that indicated stick on. Lola

I got a Boob, through the post!
    It landed on my doorstep carrier service...........I was so excited! I tried it above, side and below..........eventually I got it right by taking some of the stuffing out. THEN..I saw exactly the same thing in the local dollar store,in the dogs toys department. I ripped a bit of stuffing out and cut of the rope and knot bits....Then I was in my local store, These 3 old codgers were unabashedly gawping at my rack......I was so embarassed, I folded my arms over them, thinking some of the padding had slipped?....I got in the car and no slip!........Maybe I should have squeased it and let the dog toys squeak slay them.......LOL Men!......You can't live with them, you can't shoot them!