Feeling overwhelmed

Options
2»

Comments

• scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes
    I am experiencing the same feelings as you. I finished treatments at the end of July and I feel like I'm melting down. I am seeing a psychologist who is helping me. She says that in our society we expect to get over obstacles in life withing a few months. We expect it of ourselves and other people. We need to cut ourselves some slack and let our bodies and minds heal. I am working on respecting myself and not expecting too much too soon. Best wishes for a smooth transition.
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    scout5000 said:

Yes
    I am experiencing the same feelings as you. I finished treatments at the end of July and I feel like I'm melting down. I am seeing a psychologist who is helping me. She says that in our society we expect to get over obstacles in life withing a few months. We expect it of ourselves and other people. We need to cut ourselves some slack and let our bodies and minds heal. I am working on respecting myself and not expecting too much too soon. Best wishes for a smooth transition.

Feeling overwhelmed does not
    Feeling overwhelmed does not equal crazy :) I have no words of wisdom but I did want to send you a virtual hug. As another cancer battler (ovarian) mentioned to me, we get through this one day at a time. We rely on friends, family, community boards and whatever means we can for support when we are feeling "less than strong".