Options
2»

Comments

• bonnie thomas
    bonnie thomas Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Mawty said:

Avastin
    I took Carboplatin, Taxol, and Avastin for 8 rounds of chemo. The main thing about Avastin was that it didn't allow surgery wounds to heal. In fact, when my port became infected and I had to have it removed, we had to end the Avastin after 7 rounds because the would wouldn't heal. Avastin strangles the blood cells to the cancer cells, which love to breed on blood. But it also strangles the blood cells to the good cells. Like all chemos, it does good and bad.

My oncologist wanted me to continue just Avastin for 12 months, but our company switched to Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and they wouldn't allow it for ovarian cancer.

Marty

hi there
    hi mawty,
    how are you i wanted tolet you know i had the doxil and avaston , am doing great have a weakness now and then feet are not red yet or hands do have a little sting now and then, so for so good had it this last thursday morning. just wanted to give you an up date, hope all is well with you write me and let me know hao you are ok,
    have a great day tomorrow bonnie thomas
  • bonnie thomas
    Options
    BonnieR said:

Hello to another Bonnie
    Hi Bonnie, I have been on both drugs but not together. I think you well hear from a few who have done the doxil and some who have had avastin with other drugs. The doxil worked for me and gave me a 3 month chemo break, just need to be extra careful for the hand/foot syndroym. The avastin was harder on me and had it with cytoxan, but when I tried it, back in 06 nothing was working and the cancer was spreading. The combination killed off some of the tumors and they have never returned and gave me another 3 month chemo break and I believe gave me almost 4 more years. Good luck on this next combination.

Hugs ♥ Prayers BonnieRose

hi bonnie
    hi bonnie this is bonnie just wanted to say hi and say i am doing good , hope all is well with you let me know girl.
    have a great day tomorrow.
    bonnie thomas
  • bonnie thomas
    Options
    Deb2009 said:

still sending prayers your way
    Hi Bonnie,

Sounds like everything is still small and treatable - that's good news. I have started experiencing a tenderness in the palms of hands and fingers. It's almost like a rubbed them with sandpaper. Keeping hands moisturized, hope that helps. I go tomorrow for a chest xray and ct to see if the current treatment is working. I'm feeling good about this one - staying positive.

Say a prayer for me.

Deb

hi
    hi deb hope you are ok , just chicking in , i am good .let me know how you are just wanted to say hi .
    praying for you always. i am keeping hands and feet rubed with lotion and bag bum it is working, thanks
    bonnie thomas
  • Mawty
    Mawty Member Posts: 133
    Options

hi there
    hi mawty,
    how are you i wanted tolet you know i had the doxil and avaston , am doing great have a weakness now and then feet are not red yet or hands do have a little sting now and then, so for so good had it this last thursday morning. just wanted to give you an up date, hope all is well with you write me and let me know hao you are ok,
    have a great day tomorrow bonnie thomas

Hi Bonnie
    I'm glad you're doing great, Bonnie. I hope you keep that up! I haven't had doxil, but had taxol, carboplatin and the Avastin. I still have neuropathy in my feet from the taxol, am taking Femara to hopefully hold off a recurrence -- have lost lots of my hair again and my eyelashes -- but I'm feeling fine! I'm working full time and playing with my grandkids and just got back from a cruise where I swam with the dolphins! That has always been a dream, and it happened! One marked off the bucket list!

I'm praying for you.

Marty
  • bonnie thomas
    Options
    Mawty said:

Hi Bonnie
    I'm glad you're doing great, Bonnie. I hope you keep that up! I haven't had doxil, but had taxol, carboplatin and the Avastin. I still have neuropathy in my feet from the taxol, am taking Femara to hopefully hold off a recurrence -- have lost lots of my hair again and my eyelashes -- but I'm feeling fine! I'm working full time and playing with my grandkids and just got back from a cruise where I swam with the dolphins! That has always been a dream, and it happened! One marked off the bucket list!

I'm praying for you.

Marty

hi
    hey girl i bet you had fun on yourcruise, thats funny one off the bucket listi hear you girl . i join the red hat ladys we are having a ball we do all kinds of stuff . getting ready for christmas i just love it my birthday is the 23 th so we have a ball. i had taxol and carbo had 11 then they out me on research drug for 9 months , now doxil and avaston doing great!!!!!!!!!!i had the neuropathy to and the hurting in my knees and lower legs was a little bad. god is good you have a great day tomorrow god bless.
    bonnie