late port pinching/zinging question

jennN
jennN Member Posts: 40
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,

I've had my port for a few months and it everything is healed. Lately I have been having repeated pinching/zinging feelings...like a light throbbing that I feel every few minutes or so. Does this happen to anyone else?

What does it feel/look like if you get an infection,blood clot,or have it come undone?

Thanks,

Jen

Comments

• lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    port
    i've had a port for a little over 2 months, and have had none of what you are feeling, i think you should contact your doctor and see what is going on.
    my bra straps really bother my port and i have to pad them, or pull the strap over the edge of my shoulder so it doesn't rub against the port. you'd think someone could make a bra strap further in or something..
    good luck to you and god bless,
    lizzie
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I had a pinching feeling
    I had a pinching feeling alot, i had a flow test done and there was no problem. I found it very annoying, but it eventually went away. If it looks any different, swollen, or red then you may want to be concerned. You might mention it to your oncologist
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    meena1 said:

I had a pinching feeling
    I had a pinching feeling alot, i had a flow test done and there was no problem. I found it very annoying, but it eventually went away. If it looks any different, swollen, or red then you may want to be concerned. You might mention it to your oncologist

My port is located in my upper inner arm - right
    It is extremly annoying, but that's about it. I've had no issues since my port has finally healed -- 2 months after surgery.

Call oncologist and have it check ..

VickiSam