Here I am again...

2»

Comments

• thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    VickiCO said:

Thanks Mags & Steve
    I know I am whining, but this is the place I feel safe to do that!

Steve, I've already been through the original surgery (Feb 4) to remove most of the rectum and part of the colon. My surgeon (and yes, I do trust him. He's the best!) was able to hook me back up without an ostomy at that time, but unfortunately the radiation damage just kept getting worse. We gave it our best shot.

Mags, send me a picture of the quilt when it's done! I've managed to make a couple over the summer, when I wasn't doing chemo, etc. At least my scan is clear of cancer, so this is just the next step. As my surgeon is fond of saying, Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Many hugs, Vicki

Quilt?
    Wow I would love to see pictures of quilts also, (dont mean to be pushy, I am new here, but I LOVE to quilt.)
    If you know quilt fabric, you might know Moda Fabric, that is where I work.
    Wow this is a great board and there are Quilters!!!!!

More importantly I will be praying for you that all will go well.

Jan
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    thready said:

Quilt?
    Wow I would love to see pictures of quilts also, (dont mean to be pushy, I am new here, but I LOVE to quilt.)
    If you know quilt fabric, you might know Moda Fabric, that is where I work.
    Wow this is a great board and there are Quilters!!!!!

More importantly I will be praying for you that all will go well.

Jan

Quilts
    Hi Jan,

Actually, I am the publisher of a magazine called Machine Quilting Unlimited. Yes, I an familiar with Moda, and all the fabric manufacturers. Quilting is my sanity through all of this. I made (some are still in progress) a series of small quilts about my journey. Someday I'll show them all. For now, I will upload a picture of my "Radiation" quilt as soon as I figure out which computer it is on!

Tell me about you...your DX, any surgery, etc.

Hugs, Vicki