A little funny

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
One Sunday the minister was preaching a sermom on temperance. He said to the congregation, If I had all the beer in the world I would pour it in the river. Then more loudly he said, If I had all the wine in the world I would pour it in the river. And finally he shouted, If I had all the whiskey in the world I would pour it in the river. And with that he ended his sermon. The choirmaster stood at that point and with a smile on his face that nearly broke out into laughter he said, Let us raise our voices with Hymn 345, Shall we gather at the River.

Stef

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    :-)
    LOL! I love this Stef! Thanks!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Perfect response. That's a
    Perfect response. That's a good one, thanks, Stef.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    MyTurnNow said:

Perfect response. That's a
    Perfect response. That's a good one, thanks, Stef.

Going
    to the river right now! Thanks Stef!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    susie09 said:

Going
    to the river right now! Thanks Stef!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

LOL!
    Thanks Stef! This is a good one!

How are you doing with the packing? And, are you feeling better, I hope, about your daughter?

♥ Noel
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Noel said:

LOL!
    Thanks Stef! This is a good one!

How are you doing with the packing? And, are you feeling better, I hope, about your daughter?

♥ Noel

HA
    Stef, this is so funny! Thanks for the big smile on my face now!

Lex♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Ha Ha!
    I don't go to church, but I will be at that river!

Mimi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    mimivac said:

Ha Ha!
    I don't go to church, but I will be at that river!

Mimi

Well, truth be told I don't
    Mimi,

Well, truth be told I don't go to church either. And I don't drink, but I would still be at the river because that would be where the good times would roll. And I love a good time.
    Stef

And Noel, Yes I am getting packing done and it looks like maybe the end of November, we will be done. And even more important I am feeling much better about my daughter and we will take this one step at a time. I'm back to my old "Don't borrow trouble" self. (insert a happy face)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    fauxma said:

Well, truth be told I don't
    Mimi,

Well, truth be told I don't go to church either. And I don't drink, but I would still be at the river because that would be where the good times would roll. And I love a good time.
    Stef

And Noel, Yes I am getting packing done and it looks like maybe the end of November, we will be done. And even more important I am feeling much better about my daughter and we will take this one step at a time. I'm back to my old "Don't borrow trouble" self. (insert a happy face)

Thanks for the "little"
    Thanks for the "little" funny Stef! Although, I got a "big" laugh out of it!

Leeza
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    jnl said:

Thanks for the "little"
    Thanks for the "little" funny Stef! Although, I got a "big" laugh out of it!

Leeza

funny
    thanks
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

funny
    thanks

Well, I do go to church,
    Well, I do go to church, sometimes. I wonder if the Father would like this joke.

hmmmmmmmmmm LOL

Sue :)
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Ritzy said:

Well, I do go to church,
    Well, I do go to church, sometimes. I wonder if the Father would like this joke.

hmmmmmmmmmm LOL

Sue :)

God MUST have a sense of
    God MUST have a sense of humor. I'm not certain of much, but THAT I don't doubt. : )
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    lynn1950 said:

God MUST have a sense of
    God MUST have a sense of humor. I'm not certain of much, but THAT I don't doubt. : )

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh
    Daft Sod! LOLOL! Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx