Options
2»

Comments

• lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Hi lizziejane! I want to
    Hi lizziejane! I want to wish you good luck with your 2nd chemo this friday! I am happy that your first one wasn't too bad for you.

Sue :)

chemo
    thanks, at least since the first one went so well, i am not petrified this time, just will be so happy when tomorrow evening gets here and it is over with...
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Options

YOU WILL DO FINE
    Looking at day 2 now after fist Chemo. Last night was a little scary but this morning is better. Off to get Nuelasta shot this afternoon.

Will be thinking of you and praying for an easy day for you on Friday. Drink lots of water and eat small snacks. Hope they give you Emend.

Donna

LizzieJane, Lola, Donna and Marlene
    We are all about on the same schedule. We'll have to keep comparing notes.

Thanks for all the tips! I am getting Emend - and they have given me Zofran and the steriod (I can't remember how to spell it). They also gave me Compazine and Ativan just in case the other three don't do the trick. They have decided to give me Neulasta since I work with children at an elementary school - so I'll get that on Saturday!

I feel so much better having heard from you all! Donna - I'm glad you are feeling better! I hope it just keeps on improving! Lizzie Jane and Lola - Good luck tomorrow! And Marlene - good luck next week! :)

Lori
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options

LizzieJane, Lola, Donna and Marlene
    We are all about on the same schedule. We'll have to keep comparing notes.

Thanks for all the tips! I am getting Emend - and they have given me Zofran and the steriod (I can't remember how to spell it). They also gave me Compazine and Ativan just in case the other three don't do the trick. They have decided to give me Neulasta since I work with children at an elementary school - so I'll get that on Saturday!

I feel so much better having heard from you all! Donna - I'm glad you are feeling better! I hope it just keeps on improving! Lizzie Jane and Lola - Good luck tomorrow! And Marlene - good luck next week! :)

Lori

Lori - Sitting here waiting
    The pre-chemo steroid has to be taken at 12 hours prior and 6 hours prior so I get to take it in about 1/2 hour at 11:00 PM! Then I have to be up at 5:00 AM. Yikes, actually it's not bad cuz it's the time I'm normally up, just not with only 6 hours sleep.
    I'm glad for these boards cuz I'm normally not up this late but didn't want to go to sleep yet. I've been feeling more anxious as the time approaches and I don't do well with steroids (have had them for bad asthma attacks) so I decided to take 1 ativan prior to taking the 11:00 PM dose of the steroids. You right I can't remember how to spell it either.
    I'm also getting the Neulasta shot as well but at the tail end of the time I can. Dr said had to be within 72 hours of treatment and they don't work on Sat. So I'll go in first thing Mon morning. I'm a school counselor at the intermediate school.
    Good luck to all of you tomorrow. My thoughts are with you all.
    Lola
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Best wishes!
    Hope all goes well for you both today, Lori & Lola! I'm thinking about you remembering how nervous I was that morning! I hope it goes as smoothly as mine and that neither of you experience many side affects. Please post when you can so we know how you made out!

Truly, Mar
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Best wishes!
    Hope all goes well for you both today, Lori & Lola! I'm thinking about you remembering how nervous I was that morning! I hope it goes as smoothly as mine and that neither of you experience many side affects. Please post when you can so we know how you made out!

Truly, Mar

My prayers are going out to
    My prayers are going out to both of you today. Yes please let us know how you do.
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Following in your footsteps
    Thanks for posting this. I start chemo Mon and was searching for info on real experiences and found this wonderful group. I hope all went well for you.

This seems to be the most difficult to deal with psychologially. Maybe because we all react differently so we don't know what to prepare for and swing between focusing on the best outcome and fear of everything horrible that might happen. On top of that, I kind of feel guilty for letting the fears set in even though I know that's a normal reaction.
  • mizcaldwell
    Options
    Whoknowz said:

Thanks for posting this. I start chemo Mon and was searching for info on real experiences and found this wonderful group. I hope all went well for you.

This seems to be the most difficult to deal with psychologially. Maybe because we all react differently so we don't know what to prepare for and swing between focusing on the best outcome and fear of everything horrible that might happen. On top of that, I kind of feel guilty for letting the fears set in even though I know that's a normal reaction.

Hey Whoknows - Do not feel
    Hey Whoknows - Do not feel guilty - we didn't choose this - and even if in our conscious brain we know it's part of it all - fear comes from a deeper, more primitive part of our brain. Acknowledge the fear and that will help let go of it. There are so many unknowns - and those are the hardest things to deal with - the unknowns. I can tell you this - so far the infusion part for me is going well (knock on wood - I am on the last bag - typing here from the infusion room). We'll see how tonight and the next couple of days go. I have heard from many sources that the 3rd days seems to be the hardest for some reason.

Has your doctor given you anti-nausea meds to start the day before your treatment? What chemo are you doing? I am on TCH (Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin). There is a little group of us all going through this about the same time - as you read above. We are here for you - logical, illogical, happy, sad - there's always someone here that has been through what you are going through. There's no question too insignificant, no emotion too trivial, no fear too silly. You will only find acceptance and understanding here among your sisters-in-survival!

Lori
  • mizcaldwell
    Options
    Whoknowz said:

Oops - I hit send twice!
  • Whoknowz
    Whoknowz Member Posts: 82
    Options

Hey Whoknows - Do not feel guilty - we didn't choose this - and even if in our conscious brain we know it's part of it all - fear comes from a deeper, more primitive part of our brain. Acknowledge the fear and that will help let go of it. There are so many unknowns - and those are the hardest things to deal with - the unknowns. I can tell you this - so far the infusion part for me is going well (knock on wood - I am on the last bag - typing here from the infusion room). We'll see how tonight and the next couple of days go. I have heard from many sources that the 3rd days seems to be the hardest for some reason.

Has your doctor given you anti-nausea meds to start the day before your treatment? What chemo are you doing? I am on TCH (Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin). There is a little group of us all going through this about the same time - as you read above. We are here for you - logical, illogical, happy, sad - there's always someone here that has been through what you are going through. There's no question too insignificant, no emotion too trivial, no fear too silly. You will only find acceptance and understanding here among your sisters-in-survival!

Lori

my regimen
    I'm doing TC (taxotere and cytoxan) 4 rounds every 3 weeks. I have decadron to take the day before, day of and day after. I have phenergan and ativan to take as needed for nausea. I'll have about 20 minutes of aloxi thru IV before the chemo starts for nausea. Like most everybody else I get the Neulasta shot the next day.

Awesome you're doing so well during your virgin trip! :)