OK. I am learning about all this Halloween stuff.....

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was never allowed to go out on Halloween, Until I was 35 years old. My mother said it was an 'Americanism for Begging'... (Yes she also wouldn't allow me to join the Girl Guides as they were a 'Communist Regime'....LOLOL)

Anyway, after living here in Canada and away from Parental Guidance I decided to have a go...I carved a horrible Pumpkin losing his last meal (It caused 2 road accidents and a Guide dog to pass out). I stole a load of cornstalks from a neighbouring field (Pay $4.99+tax?........ hey I'd sooner be arrested)
Cut up a horrible orange T-Shirt.. (Ok, It was his, and his favourite, but needs must!)
Bought myself a large Dobermann to scare the holy cr@p out of everyone.
Went to the Dollar store and got all sorts of Gory Tacky stuff.. (I told the cashier "Hey, this should keep the Buggers away," she sighed and said... "Oh I quite like to see the little kiddies all dressed up and excited"... I had to explain I didn't mean the KIDS... I Meant the Jehovah's!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway, It started last night........First were the cute little darlings wanting no more than a welcome...sweeties were a bonus...age group 2-12 with parents in tow (Hey nice way to meet the neighbours?.... I'm not sure about them, they only seemed interested in what I had in the drinks cabinet?)
Then at about 5.30PM the without parents 10-15 year olds (costumes not as good, nor manners.......This bunch EXPECTED sweets..)
7.pm we get the lower teens, 13-17 DEMANDING sweets or Cash!

9pm, there is a guy stood at the door with his hand out..........I say:.. "Hi little Guy, what are you dressed as?"... I notice that he looks about 30, has a 50clock shadow and appears to prefer alcohol to sweets.

10pm.........I'm not absolutely convinced these 'KIDS' are just DRESSED as a gang of Hells Angels........Seems a strange halloween costume after all.. And who do all those Harleys belong to outside?????

I guess I'll just turn out all the light and pretend to be out.........And leave the Dobermann ON GUARD!

Wish me luck................ Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I sit outside on the porch
    I sit outside on the porch with the candy so I won't let the dog out. All they hear is the barking dog. I need to find my chains...
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Marcia527 said:

    I sit outside on the porch
    I sit outside on the porch with the candy so I won't let the dog out. All they hear is the barking dog. I need to find my chains...

    Woohooooooooooo
    A woman after my own heart! That's right, scare 'em off.....Have you tried wearing a sheet and throwing cats' at them?.........It works! Hugs Jxxxxxxx
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    tasha_111 said:

    Woohooooooooooo
    A woman after my own heart! That's right, scare 'em off.....Have you tried wearing a sheet and throwing cats' at them?.........It works! Hugs Jxxxxxxx

    Whew.............
    Thank Goodness THAT'S over..............Can I relax now?

    Too much to cope with.......... Hugs all Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    tasha_111 said:

    Whew.............
    Thank Goodness THAT'S over..............Can I relax now?

    Too much to cope with.......... Hugs all Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    NO, no relaxing till we
    NO, no relaxing till we finish off the candy and we have plenty cause the chains did their job.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Tash
    Sounds like you started nipping a little and then a lot. LOL
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Lest you forgot! :-)
    Just a reminder that I was one of "The Jehovah's" for 22 years and they don't scare off that easily! LOL LOL

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Hi Tasha!
    Sounds like Canada is a lot more like the US than they think!!!!! I used to do Halloween, but being single and living alone I got the scare of my life a couple of years back. My first year in the house, the rules of the place are trick or treating from 6 to 8 pm, and only at houses with front lights on. Ok, worked fine, at 8 pm I turned the light off and closed up the doors. About 5 minutes later, there is this loud banging at my door. I turned on the light and looked out and what appeared to be a small child at the door. Unthinking, I opened the door and this deep dark voice said "Trick or Treat Lady" real menacing. I said Wooh No! and started to close the door when he pushed it in. I thought I was having a heart attack and pushed back on the door. Well, he must have really looked at me and realized how scared I was when he said "Pat - its me!!!" It was my crazy-**** neighbor dressed like Talouse Latreck (sorry about the spelling). He was a school teacher and dressed up for the kids every year. I was ok, but it really made me think. Now if I do the candy thing - I go outside on the deck and sit there for 2 hours and hand it out. Once I'm inside and the door is locked, it stays locked. He has since moved, but I still take no chances.
    Pat
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    padee6339 said:

    Hi Tasha!
    Sounds like Canada is a lot more like the US than they think!!!!! I used to do Halloween, but being single and living alone I got the scare of my life a couple of years back. My first year in the house, the rules of the place are trick or treating from 6 to 8 pm, and only at houses with front lights on. Ok, worked fine, at 8 pm I turned the light off and closed up the doors. About 5 minutes later, there is this loud banging at my door. I turned on the light and looked out and what appeared to be a small child at the door. Unthinking, I opened the door and this deep dark voice said "Trick or Treat Lady" real menacing. I said Wooh No! and started to close the door when he pushed it in. I thought I was having a heart attack and pushed back on the door. Well, he must have really looked at me and realized how scared I was when he said "Pat - its me!!!" It was my crazy-**** neighbor dressed like Talouse Latreck (sorry about the spelling). He was a school teacher and dressed up for the kids every year. I was ok, but it really made me think. Now if I do the candy thing - I go outside on the deck and sit there for 2 hours and hand it out. Once I'm inside and the door is locked, it stays locked. He has since moved, but I still take no chances.
    Pat

    LOL Pat
    That was hilarious!

    Makes me glad I don't have neighbours.. probably gladdens them too LOL

    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    tasha_111 said:

    LOL Pat
    That was hilarious!

    Makes me glad I don't have neighbours.. probably gladdens them too LOL

    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx

    You up for another laugh?
    This guy was a Middle School teacher in the next county over. He was also an exhibitionist. He exposed himself to me one and I thought it was (so stoopit Pat) an accident (insert laughing here). Then he did it to my Mother - of all people! Then one night when it was really cold out, he calls me and asks me if he can take a shower at my place, the back of his trailer was frozen. (He lived in this little RV on the property, gradfathered in and could stay as long as he liked). I said why my house and he said he didn't want to bother any of the "guys" they were probably sleeping to get up early for work. I told him to go "bother" some of the guys - I had to get up early for work too, and then I said to him "Fool me once", you know the rest. He would lay out on his patio in these really short shorts during the summer with his legs splayed on either side of the lounger. Then suddenly, he announces he is "retiring" and moving. I think someone spilled the beans on him. If he was exposing himself to his female neighbors (I wasn't the only one), God only knows who he was exposing himself to at school. It was such a shame, he was an interesting man, world travelled, and interesting to talk to. But he did his walk of shame and disappeared into the sunset. Unfortunately, he keeps calling my neighbor and she's had enough of it. She'll come over and tell me "that goddamn pervert called again". I keep looking at the preditor website for his picture - not there yet, but I'm sure it will be!
    Pat
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    padee6339 said:

    You up for another laugh?
    This guy was a Middle School teacher in the next county over. He was also an exhibitionist. He exposed himself to me one and I thought it was (so stoopit Pat) an accident (insert laughing here). Then he did it to my Mother - of all people! Then one night when it was really cold out, he calls me and asks me if he can take a shower at my place, the back of his trailer was frozen. (He lived in this little RV on the property, gradfathered in and could stay as long as he liked). I said why my house and he said he didn't want to bother any of the "guys" they were probably sleeping to get up early for work. I told him to go "bother" some of the guys - I had to get up early for work too, and then I said to him "Fool me once", you know the rest. He would lay out on his patio in these really short shorts during the summer with his legs splayed on either side of the lounger. Then suddenly, he announces he is "retiring" and moving. I think someone spilled the beans on him. If he was exposing himself to his female neighbors (I wasn't the only one), God only knows who he was exposing himself to at school. It was such a shame, he was an interesting man, world travelled, and interesting to talk to. But he did his walk of shame and disappeared into the sunset. Unfortunately, he keeps calling my neighbor and she's had enough of it. She'll come over and tell me "that goddamn pervert called again". I keep looking at the preditor website for his picture - not there yet, but I'm sure it will be!
    Pat

    Wow
    I am really glad for you that he 'upped-sticks' and went elsewhere. Some people just give you the creeps, even though they might be totally harmless.
    By the sound of him, we'll see him in the news someday with you stood in front of the camera NOT saying "Oh he was just a quiet regular guy........etc etc! lol

    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx