Chemo Chicks Unite!!!

Options
pitt
pitt Member Posts: 387
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone! We have some new people joining our club. It's not a club we wanted to join and yet here we are. So I thought we could update each other on where we are:

I am finishing treatment #2. I just came off of a low week. My white blood cells tank and I get Neutropenic - not the norm I know. Mentally, I tend to get sad when i can't go out and swim and workout and swim and go to the beach with the kids and swim and play with my little girls, etc. But I am learning how to slow down and not expect everything at once. I swam yesterday and then went home to take a nap. Then i played with my kids and took a little rest. Then we ate dinner and talked on the couch and then i went to bed.

Everything in small doses... And my wbc are on the rise so i feel better already, which means I'm happier.

How are all of you?

Pitt

Comments

• Goldenguru
    Goldenguru Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Pitt -
    I just completed

Hi Pitt -

I just completed treatment #4. My WBC's also tank - I get Neulasta which helps after about 10 days. I'm doing OK physically - but I'm a serious emotional/mental mess. Crying everyday - having trouble wanting to do anything.

Some days I just want to give up. *sigh*

Wish I were stronger. I'm just not.
  • pitt
    Options

Hi Pitt -
    I just completed

Hi Pitt -

I just completed treatment #4. My WBC's also tank - I get Neulasta which helps after about 10 days. I'm doing OK physically - but I'm a serious emotional/mental mess. Crying everyday - having trouble wanting to do anything.

Some days I just want to give up. *sigh*

Wish I were stronger. I'm just not.

I know it's hard, believe
    I know it's hard, believe me. But you have to find something that gives you happiness and focus your energy on that. You need your strong, positive energy to help you heal. I tend to get very down when I'm feeling weak and have to stay home. If I can make myself get dressed and go out and see one or two people who make me laugh, then i tend to feel better. I will be honest with you and say that if i didn't have my kids who NEED me to be available to them, i would probably be having an even more difficult time.

What used to give you joy? Do you have any hobbies that you find relaxing? Is there a friend or family member who helps you to refocus on something positive? Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about it? Many of the women on this board have talked about taking anti-anxiety medicine to help them cope.

You can get through this...you are almost done with chemo!!! That's amazing! Look at how much you have already accomplished!!!!!!! Hang in there and don't ever ever ever let this stupid cancer get the better of you! YOu are an amazing person and you can beat this ugly little guy into the ground! You can do this!

Hugs,
    Liz Pitt
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Hi Pitt and Goldenguru
    I completed 4 treatments of Adriamycin/Cytoxan and had my first of 12 treatments of taxol. My wbc has stayed strong thus far. I hate wearing wigs and therefore don't like to go out in public much so this is tough. My hands are really cracked and very painful, even though I use lots of lotion, hard to even type. I don't know if this is a taxol thing or what. Anyhow I'm going to go see the wig lady next week and see if I can't jump in on another look good feel better class, and start fixing my bald head, and figure out how to take the focus off the fact that I don't have any eyelashes or eyebrows so that I feel more comfortable in public. The last 6 weeks all I have done is wrap my head and wear some foundation, I need a new look. As for the treatments, I'm handling them pretty well (thank God for good meds) every treatment is one step closer to the end of this battle.
    Goldenguru: I know it's hard on us mentally too and I just want you to know that I'm here for you!! Together we can all do this, we are strong, we are women, and we are fighters. I was feeling just as you are not too long ago and really wanted to give up but it passed, so just hang in there. We go through so many phases and the emotional/physical roller coaster ride of this disease is crazy at times, it takes many ups, downs, twists, and turns but together we all get through. THINKING OF YOU and PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Kari
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options

Hi Pitt and Goldenguru
    I completed 4 treatments of Adriamycin/Cytoxan and had my first of 12 treatments of taxol. My wbc has stayed strong thus far. I hate wearing wigs and therefore don't like to go out in public much so this is tough. My hands are really cracked and very painful, even though I use lots of lotion, hard to even type. I don't know if this is a taxol thing or what. Anyhow I'm going to go see the wig lady next week and see if I can't jump in on another look good feel better class, and start fixing my bald head, and figure out how to take the focus off the fact that I don't have any eyelashes or eyebrows so that I feel more comfortable in public. The last 6 weeks all I have done is wrap my head and wear some foundation, I need a new look. As for the treatments, I'm handling them pretty well (thank God for good meds) every treatment is one step closer to the end of this battle.
    Goldenguru: I know it's hard on us mentally too and I just want you to know that I'm here for you!! Together we can all do this, we are strong, we are women, and we are fighters. I was feeling just as you are not too long ago and really wanted to give up but it passed, so just hang in there. We go through so many phases and the emotional/physical roller coaster ride of this disease is crazy at times, it takes many ups, downs, twists, and turns but together we all get through. THINKING OF YOU and PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Kari

Hi ladies
    I am just three days out of chemo number 1. Heartburn and drained beyond understanding. I get little pieces of energy that wane before I get done what I walk across the room to do. I though emotionally I was a bit of a roller coaster. Crying at happy stories or sad at the drop of the hat. But yesterday I sort of overextended myself. And this morning when I was going over all I had done with my daughter it occurred to me how scared I was that if I hadn't taken that time to help her arrange a room I may never do it again. It isn't true! I know it isn't I have this well under control. But the darkness learks even when you think it isn't there. I am better now. A good cry and prayers to remember I am Gods' hands brought me back. I will be thinking and praying about you all. Thanks for being here...even though I wish no one was.

Becky
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Chemo Girls...
    I just finishd #2 yesterday and I am waiting to see how this week will turn out.

Always, refer to the thread on heartburn, it's got some great ideas and suggestions.

Godenguru, don't be afraid of getting some anti-aniety durgs, they are wonderful and really get you thru those emotionally draining days. Sometimes I don't think it's a bad thing to wallow in a little sadness for a short time. We have every right to feel sorry for ourselves now and then. Just try not to linger long, that's when medication really helps. We can't let the "beast" have it's way for long and it hates when we laugh cause it's losing and we love when it loses.

Pitt, it's got to be hard with children, my niece has 4 and she had a pretty hard time keeping up doing what she thought she should be doing. You'e smart, little stages of each thing.

With the holidays coming, we have to rmember that we aren't going to have the strength to do "holidays and usual" and to try to conserve energy for the most important things....being with our families and not worry about all the baking and cooking. I'm certainy not going to be putting up my usual decorations and I'm saying no to big family parties. Too many germs for my immune system...it's only one year and we can all get together when this is over. What a celebration!

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Chemo Girls...
    I just finishd #2 yesterday and I am waiting to see how this week will turn out.

Always, refer to the thread on heartburn, it's got some great ideas and suggestions.

Godenguru, don't be afraid of getting some anti-aniety durgs, they are wonderful and really get you thru those emotionally draining days. Sometimes I don't think it's a bad thing to wallow in a little sadness for a short time. We have every right to feel sorry for ourselves now and then. Just try not to linger long, that's when medication really helps. We can't let the "beast" have it's way for long and it hates when we laugh cause it's losing and we love when it loses.

Pitt, it's got to be hard with children, my niece has 4 and she had a pretty hard time keeping up doing what she thought she should be doing. You'e smart, little stages of each thing.

With the holidays coming, we have to rmember that we aren't going to have the strength to do "holidays and usual" and to try to conserve energy for the most important things....being with our families and not worry about all the baking and cooking. I'm certainy not going to be putting up my usual decorations and I'm saying no to big family parties. Too many germs for my immune system...it's only one year and we can all get together when this is over. What a celebration!

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Judy :-)

Judy, you brought a good point
    about the holidays. I've always been one to go big, cook, bake, shop or make things for the kids. And the family parties. Here in Hawaii, Hawaiian ohana's (families) are huge when you are married into them. My son's wife is Hawaiian. This past summer pre-BC I moved in with them to help them and myself out financially with the economic downturn.
    Well, now more than ever, it's sort of a blessing as I have someone that can help me. The problem is, my daughter-in-law's family comes over all the time and many times spends the night. That's an extra 4 adults and 3 more children under the age of 11. Oh boy does the house get busy and noisy. I have my room but am beginning to feel claustrophobic.
    This weekend is especially bad with Halloween, the candy and the hype.
    I've tried talking to my daughter-in-law about keeping the kids somewhat quiet (I don't expect miracles, they are of course children) but I did tell her this can't happen next weekend. My first chemo is Friday and I really would like to be able to rest, not be exposed to germs and maybe even feel well enough to work some the following week.
    I'm so afraid that I'm going to hurt feelings if I have to move out to have some peace but I think the new me is going to have to put me first. I will be talking it over with my son this week and may need to move at some point.
    Sorry to be venting but I just had to go yell at them for running in the house above my bedroom and it's 8:15 PM!
    Take care and have a good rest of the weekend. Lola
  • pitt
    Options

Judy, you brought a good point
    about the holidays. I've always been one to go big, cook, bake, shop or make things for the kids. And the family parties. Here in Hawaii, Hawaiian ohana's (families) are huge when you are married into them. My son's wife is Hawaiian. This past summer pre-BC I moved in with them to help them and myself out financially with the economic downturn.
    Well, now more than ever, it's sort of a blessing as I have someone that can help me. The problem is, my daughter-in-law's family comes over all the time and many times spends the night. That's an extra 4 adults and 3 more children under the age of 11. Oh boy does the house get busy and noisy. I have my room but am beginning to feel claustrophobic.
    This weekend is especially bad with Halloween, the candy and the hype.
    I've tried talking to my daughter-in-law about keeping the kids somewhat quiet (I don't expect miracles, they are of course children) but I did tell her this can't happen next weekend. My first chemo is Friday and I really would like to be able to rest, not be exposed to germs and maybe even feel well enough to work some the following week.
    I'm so afraid that I'm going to hurt feelings if I have to move out to have some peace but I think the new me is going to have to put me first. I will be talking it over with my son this week and may need to move at some point.
    Sorry to be venting but I just had to go yell at them for running in the house above my bedroom and it's 8:15 PM!
    Take care and have a good rest of the weekend. Lola

Lola, You are certainly
    Lola, You are certainly within your rights to point out that you will need to have numbers of visitors down to a minimum. Our immune systems are severely compromised and you can't be exposed to a lot of various germs. Anyone entering the house needs to be free of any signs of illness; they need to clean their hands with a sanitizer, etc.

After the first treatment you will be tired for the first couple of days and noise should be kept down so you can rest. As for the rest, you will have to wait and see when you experience the side effects. For me, it's days 3-6 post treatment.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Pitt
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

Lola, You are certainly
    Lola, You are certainly within your rights to point out that you will need to have numbers of visitors down to a minimum. Our immune systems are severely compromised and you can't be exposed to a lot of various germs. Anyone entering the house needs to be free of any signs of illness; they need to clean their hands with a sanitizer, etc.

After the first treatment you will be tired for the first couple of days and noise should be kept down so you can rest. As for the rest, you will have to wait and see when you experience the side effects. For me, it's days 3-6 post treatment.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Pitt

We can do this .. United as 1
    Chemo Chicks --
    I am starting week #9 of continuous chemo treatments, no breaks. By all accounts I will be half way to the finish line on Tuesday, 11/3, and that hard for me to believe. I truly wish I received a week or two breaks between TCH & Perception treatments, but this is not the case, or the course of action taken by my oncologist. My poor tired body.
    Always – Yes my dear friend -- your body is in shock... heart burn plague me for 2 weeks after my first TCH... then the constipation. Zero energy... any assembly of normalicy out the window, and my emotions - let’s just say my family started to call me Sybil. All I can do is pray that you fight with every ounce of your being. Take a few extra steps here and there, sleep when possible, and hydrate. Get joy out of the little things in life.. myself, a good football game with friends and family on a Sunday, or I just go outside and sit in the sun basking on my head and face. I find it difficult to read or consentrate, as my chemo brain jumps from here to there every 10 seconds.

Pitt – My fellow Chemo Warrior – Everything in small doses . Winter months are coming and we need to be worried about our immunity system. This has been the first Halloween that we did not hand out candy .. However, I made 11 bags for the kids that we know in the neighborhood and my husband and daughter hand carried bags to each of their homes. I could not take the chance of opening my doors to gems, as my wbc are not going up as quickly as my doctors would like.

Golden Guru – Give up now, I don’t think so... We are Breast Cancer Warriors – Chemo Chicks branch – no one leave our region unless finished with all Chemo treatments. We are here for you, we have walked a mile in your shoes... and we will hold your hand thru this. No questions asked, just playing it forward.

Kari – Dear Sweet Kari – What wisdom you bring to our humble forum of Chemo Chicks. Our first or second chemo treatment we fight fight fight all the side efforts, we try to keep ourselves hydrated and fed. We tend to family and jobs – all while fighting depression, anxiety and FEAR. Then we find ourselves weeks into treatments only to realize that our hats, wigs and scarves no longer excite us. Myself... week 9 of 18... I say out loud to my family, yesterday? Where’s my HAIR - isn’t it time to grow back???? Dry cracked skin – never ends for me. (Gold bond cream helps)... Also, I never take a hot shower, I pat myself dry... never rub... and I slather on baby oil after each and every shower – then pat dry. My lips bleed every week, why I don’t know – I stay hydrated – tons of Vaseline My right eye drips all day every day, Chemo side effort, or so I am told. Emotional roller coaster – anti depression med’s kicked in this week.

Skeezer – Judy – Wise words .. Upcoming Holiday ... has scared me as I am nornally the person who has a 32 person sit down dinner with china and lines for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband is the one who said to me 6 weeks ago, not this year. So I mentioned this to family members... weeks ago and to Date. 11/1... No one else has stepped up to host either holiday. I plan on checking around and making dinner reservations for Prime Rib for my family and my Mom at a very High class restaurant. yself. We’ll play dress up, and go out. Actually, I’m looking forward to dinner this year. I have several feelers out on a log cabin rental in Lake Arrowhead for Christmas - get away. Yes, I’m taking the bull by the horns this year and I am doing what is best for me and my immediate family.

Lola - Our Hawaiian breast cancer warrior -- I'm on your side - however with little ones around, rest when possible and post often. Day 3 to 6 are my worst .. Best of luck, and stay positive.

VickiSAm
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Chemo Chicks --
    I am starting week #9 of continuous chemo treatments, no breaks. By all accounts I will be half way to the finish line on Tuesday, 11/3, and that hard for me to believe. I truly wish I received a week or two breaks between TCH & Perception treatments, but this is not the case, or the course of action taken by my oncologist. My poor tired body.
    Always – Yes my dear friend -- your body is in shock... heart burn plague me for 2 weeks after my first TCH... then the constipation. Zero energy... any assembly of normalicy out the window, and my emotions - let’s just say my family started to call me Sybil. All I can do is pray that you fight with every ounce of your being. Take a few extra steps here and there, sleep when possible, and hydrate. Get joy out of the little things in life.. myself, a good football game with friends and family on a Sunday, or I just go outside and sit in the sun basking on my head and face. I find it difficult to read or consentrate, as my chemo brain jumps from here to there every 10 seconds.

Pitt – My fellow Chemo Warrior – Everything in small doses . Winter months are coming and we need to be worried about our immunity system. This has been the first Halloween that we did not hand out candy .. However, I made 11 bags for the kids that we know in the neighborhood and my husband and daughter hand carried bags to each of their homes. I could not take the chance of opening my doors to gems, as my wbc are not going up as quickly as my doctors would like.

Golden Guru – Give up now, I don’t think so... We are Breast Cancer Warriors – Chemo Chicks branch – no one leave our region unless finished with all Chemo treatments. We are here for you, we have walked a mile in your shoes... and we will hold your hand thru this. No questions asked, just playing it forward.

Kari – Dear Sweet Kari – What wisdom you bring to our humble forum of Chemo Chicks. Our first or second chemo treatment we fight fight fight all the side efforts, we try to keep ourselves hydrated and fed. We tend to family and jobs – all while fighting depression, anxiety and FEAR. Then we find ourselves weeks into treatments only to realize that our hats, wigs and scarves no longer excite us. Myself... week 9 of 18... I say out loud to my family, yesterday? Where’s my HAIR - isn’t it time to grow back???? Dry cracked skin – never ends for me. (Gold bond cream helps)... Also, I never take a hot shower, I pat myself dry... never rub... and I slather on baby oil after each and every shower – then pat dry. My lips bleed every week, why I don’t know – I stay hydrated – tons of Vaseline My right eye drips all day every day, Chemo side effort, or so I am told. Emotional roller coaster – anti depression med’s kicked in this week.

Skeezer – Judy – Wise words .. Upcoming Holiday ... has scared me as I am nornally the person who has a 32 person sit down dinner with china and lines for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband is the one who said to me 6 weeks ago, not this year. So I mentioned this to family members... weeks ago and to Date. 11/1... No one else has stepped up to host either holiday. I plan on checking around and making dinner reservations for Prime Rib for my family and my Mom at a very High class restaurant. yself. We’ll play dress up, and go out. Actually, I’m looking forward to dinner this year. I have several feelers out on a log cabin rental in Lake Arrowhead for Christmas - get away. Yes, I’m taking the bull by the horns this year and I am doing what is best for me and my immediate family.

Lola - Our Hawaiian breast cancer warrior -- I'm on your side - however with little ones around, rest when possible and post often. Day 3 to 6 are my worst .. Best of luck, and stay positive.

VickiSAm

Vicki as always excellent post
    Vicki,
    I am glad that your white counts are back and you will be able to continue on Tuesday.
    Excellent post despite Chemo Brain very impressive.
    For lips I used and still have been using Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm 7-8 times a day. Works well for me.
    Good luck on Tuesday.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Vicki as always excellent post
    Vicki,
    I am glad that your white counts are back and you will be able to continue on Tuesday.
    Excellent post despite Chemo Brain very impressive.
    For lips I used and still have been using Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm 7-8 times a day. Works well for me.
    Good luck on Tuesday.

Lola you certainly have your hands full!
    I don't know how you are doing it, you are an amazing woman. If moving out is difficult for you, maybe you could try one of those quiet white "noise" machines in your room that mite give you a little piece. But there is no reason for children to be running and disturbing you when you are sick. Children need to learn a little empathy and respect. But there are times when you need to have someone thre to help you. Hopefully you can have a quiet discussion with your son. But different cultures view things differently and it can be upsetting at times. Get yourself some anti-aniety drugs, I can't tell you how they help.

I have learned that right now it's got to be me first. I have two really good weeks inbetween chemo's (maybe more, 3rd day and still feeling good) and then I get as much done as I can and I have a lot of obligations on the outside too. But me first. It keeps me in a good mood, more pleasant to be around...and besides myself and hubby just a few kitties so I am very lucky to have a quiet house.

We made it thru Halloween, Thanksgiving is next. Everyone relax. It's time for others to step up and if they don't, oh well. Restaruants are a great idea if you're up to it. No house cleaning and no clean-up! Woo Hoo!

Hugs and Luv, Judy :-)
  • lovelylola
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Chemo Chicks --

VickiSAm

Vicki -
    I have followed your posts and admire your stamina in face of week after week of continuous chemo. I know that I can follow your example and get through this. My daughter, who only has a one-bedroom apt has told me that she and her fiance will sleep on the blowup bed in the living room and I can have their bedroom and her fiance is in full support (Bless their hearts) if it's too uncomfortable at my son's place. I'll just play it by ear. My son and I will have a heart to heart this week. I'm going to suggest for Thanksgiving they go out to her parents home (they live 40 miles away). I'm more than willing to have a quiet dinner at my daughter's place.
    I did have a great family B-D party today. It's back to work tomorrow, 1st chemo on Friday with my Neulasta shot first thing the following Monday. I'm definitely taking those two days off and playing it be ear for the rest of that week.
    I'll post more later. Any last minute suggestions for my chemo bag greatly appreciated. Lola
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Vicki -
    I have followed your posts and admire your stamina in face of week after week of continuous chemo. I know that I can follow your example and get through this. My daughter, who only has a one-bedroom apt has told me that she and her fiance will sleep on the blowup bed in the living room and I can have their bedroom and her fiance is in full support (Bless their hearts) if it's too uncomfortable at my son's place. I'll just play it by ear. My son and I will have a heart to heart this week. I'm going to suggest for Thanksgiving they go out to her parents home (they live 40 miles away). I'm more than willing to have a quiet dinner at my daughter's place.
    I did have a great family B-D party today. It's back to work tomorrow, 1st chemo on Friday with my Neulasta shot first thing the following Monday. I'm definitely taking those two days off and playing it be ear for the rest of that week.
    I'll post more later. Any last minute suggestions for my chemo bag greatly appreciated. Lola

Chemo bag ... Just a thought
    Puzzle, journal (I keep a journal - breast cancer survivor story - for myself), IPOD if you have one .. socks - a must in my book, and a favorite throw blanket. Blanket and socks in my case because rooms are cold and after a few hours, you do get tired and sleepy. I do take a book, but find myself easily distracted by all the staff buzzing in and out of my room. I general sleep now on my TCH treatment days. Oh yes, cell phone to text ..

Lola .. good luck with your first treatment and your living situation. You are in my prayers.

Advil, advil and more advil with the neulasta shot - every 4 hours.

Cyber Hugs ..

VickiSam
  • lovelylola
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Chemo bag ... Just a thought
    Puzzle, journal (I keep a journal - breast cancer survivor story - for myself), IPOD if you have one .. socks - a must in my book, and a favorite throw blanket. Blanket and socks in my case because rooms are cold and after a few hours, you do get tired and sleepy. I do take a book, but find myself easily distracted by all the staff buzzing in and out of my room. I general sleep now on my TCH treatment days. Oh yes, cell phone to text ..

Lola .. good luck with your first treatment and your living situation. You are in my prayers.

Advil, advil and more advil with the neulasta shot - every 4 hours.

Cyber Hugs ..

VickiSam

Blanket and socks
    was not something that I would have considered a necessity in Hawaii until I toured the chemo rooms. They are air-conditioned "cold!" So that part is ready. Funny thing is my DIL's mom gave me that foot massager (battery operated)that's nice and fuzzy warm. I'm thinking of taking that and my daughter gave me an MP3 player. Of course, I so mini techno illiterate (don't even use half the stuff on my cell phone) she's going to need to load the music on it. I'm having her use her relaxing music from her massage practice.
    I'm hoping that the rellefen and arthritis strength tylenol I use now will be helpful but know I'm going to need to adjust the dosages to fit in with the other meds. The onco dr will let me know on Monday.
    And, the nurse let it slip - hush hush kind that I probably will be able to pick up a web signal on my daughter's laptop so I'm might just keep everyone in the loop via my daughter since my first infusion is in my hand.
    Thanks for the thoughts. Lola
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options

Blanket and socks
    was not something that I would have considered a necessity in Hawaii until I toured the chemo rooms. They are air-conditioned "cold!" So that part is ready. Funny thing is my DIL's mom gave me that foot massager (battery operated)that's nice and fuzzy warm. I'm thinking of taking that and my daughter gave me an MP3 player. Of course, I so mini techno illiterate (don't even use half the stuff on my cell phone) she's going to need to load the music on it. I'm having her use her relaxing music from her massage practice.
    I'm hoping that the rellefen and arthritis strength tylenol I use now will be helpful but know I'm going to need to adjust the dosages to fit in with the other meds. The onco dr will let me know on Monday.
    And, the nurse let it slip - hush hush kind that I probably will be able to pick up a web signal on my daughter's laptop so I'm might just keep everyone in the loop via my daughter since my first infusion is in my hand.
    Thanks for the thoughts. Lola

I wish
    all of you the best of luck while going through your chemo. Im a lucky one that has just finished a few weeks ago. All of you take care and you are in my prayers

laura
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    lolad said:

I wish
    all of you the best of luck while going through your chemo. Im a lucky one that has just finished a few weeks ago. All of you take care and you are in my prayers

laura

Pain withour Neulasta~?
    The suggestion of prilosec seems to have helped my heartburn. Thanks VickiSam for the words of advise and comfort. I have had two days of pain. MY bones hurt a pain I can't describe. Its not arthritis ache. Its not flu like. I didn't have a neulasta shot. Everwhere I see anyone mention bone pain it is always attributed to the neulasta shot. No fever. I tried advil. No relief. I guess I will be calling onc office today. I am supposed to go to work in 45 minutes. Should be an interesting day. I would stay home but I am not comfortable no matter where I seem to sit or lay. So I will see how much I can tough out. I am hoping I had the two days and I am on a swing back to (Ha I was going to say normal) something more manageable. This too shall pass. MY thoughts are with all of my fellow Chemo Chicks. My prayers as well. Lola I had my computer with me. They had wireless and I was able to answer questions about yellow dye content in my prescriptions while I was there so I could tell them what would have to be rewritten and what I could take.

becky