Long time survivor

bbbchurchlady
bbbchurchlady Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
My husband was first diagnosed with kidney cancer in 1994 at age 31. He had one kidney removed along with the adrenal gland. A few years later he had another part of his adrenal gland removed. Then he got Lymphoma which was totally unrelated. Survived that. He has had recent bouts of nodules found in the lungs and the abdominal cavity. He is taking Sutant and it is working for him! At one point they could not find any evidence of tumors and decreased his dosage of Sutant to 25mg. Then they found some more nodules and boosted the dosage.

We have been fighting cancer now for almost 16 years now! He is truly a walking miracle and everyone is in awe of the fact that he is still surviving. The odds are unbelievable.

This is my problem and I am embarassed to say this. I'm tired. I'm tired of the rollercoaster up and down with every scan. I'm tired of the side effects and having to live our lives based on his chemo cycle. I have two teenage daughters who also have dealt with this their whole lives. We should be grateful for the miracles that has kept my husband and their daddy alive. I am thankful to God, but I'm also exhausted.

Is there anyone else out there that is a long time survivor that understands this? I feel guilty because I know there are so many people out there that are struggling with cancer and we are so fortunate. However, I'm not sure how much longer I can ride this rollercoaster.