ROLL CALL: Spooky Halloween Weekend Plans!!

Options
mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, ladies, I'm in a wonderful mood today. I had a great performance review this afternoon and was promised a big promotion in November. So excited. I may even get an office with a view of the Capitol -- though that is probably hoping for too much. Anyway, I have a really fun weekend planned.

Tonight, Simon and I are going out to dinner in northern VA and then we're off to an 8 PM theater performance of Dracula. This theater company does these amazingly athletic and expressive wordless dance performances of Shakespeare, and now Dracula. I hear that this one is really scary, so I am excited.

Saturday I have my personal training as usual. Then we have the option to attending a Halloween party at a friend's house or one at a bar in downtown DC. If we dress up, I plan to put on a cocktail dress and wear one of those old-fashioned mascarade masks. Maybe I'll put a feather in my hair for effect, too. I really want to try getting on chat as I get ready to go out on Saturday.

Sunday will be a quiet day. I'll work through another chapter in "The Artist's Way," read books, go grocery shopping, and cook.

So, what are YOUR spooky, scary weekend plans??!!

Mimi

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Besides handing out the
    Besides handing out the trick or treat candy, the scariest thing I can think of to do is...Look in the mirror!!! I mean at myself. Have a safe and spooky weekend!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, did I scare you?
    Tomorrow is the big day, Halloween! I love it as much as the kids do. We were invited to a couple of parties. I am just not for sure which one we are going to. I will let my husband decide as he isn't "into" getting dressed up too much. But, he will. lol So, a party tomorrow night filled with goblins and witches and lots of BREW! lol

Sunday, as always, will be our day of rest. Love to just lay around together and watch football.

Happy Halloween Mimi and everyone!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Besides handing out the
    Besides handing out the trick or treat candy, the scariest thing I can think of to do is...Look in the mirror!!! I mean at myself. Have a safe and spooky weekend!

As the wind is howling
    we will be at a Halloween party tomorrow night. I think it is going to be a huge one too, so, it should be lots and lots of fun. I will miss giving the little kids candy, but, I am hoping that some will come tonight. I love to see their cute little costumes.

The day after, I usually fix a big dinner for hubby and myself and if anyone else stops by. Mainly, just eat, watch some tv or movies and snuggle together! Yes, we like to snuggle. (^_~)

Sue :)
  • LT
    LT Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Ritzy said:

As the wind is howling
    we will be at a Halloween party tomorrow night. I think it is going to be a huge one too, so, it should be lots and lots of fun. I will miss giving the little kids candy, but, I am hoping that some will come tonight. I love to see their cute little costumes.

The day after, I usually fix a big dinner for hubby and myself and if anyone else stops by. Mainly, just eat, watch some tv or movies and snuggle together! Yes, we like to snuggle. (^_~)

FUN, FUN, FUN
    My family is coming from all over the state! Some will see me forthe first time since surgery - boy, are they in for a surprise! The past two days I actually feel good and look human again. Hubby and I are taking all 4 grandkids trick-or-treating - we even have a skunk costume for the 9 month old! I can't wait for Saturday! Love to you all, LT
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    LT said:

FUN, FUN, FUN
    My family is coming from all over the state! Some will see me forthe first time since surgery - boy, are they in for a surprise! The past two days I actually feel good and look human again. Hubby and I are taking all 4 grandkids trick-or-treating - we even have a skunk costume for the 9 month old! I can't wait for Saturday! Love to you all, LT

I have to work
    but I love working Haloween and partying with my old residents..then we all pass candy outto trick-or treaters, we always have tons at the hospital because it is a safe place. I love seeing all my friends and co-workers children all dressed up... then home to finish off the candy and watch a scary movie.
    Happy Haloween to you all.
    jackie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    rjjj said:

I have to work
    but I love working Haloween and partying with my old residents..then we all pass candy outto trick-or treaters, we always have tons at the hospital because it is a safe place. I love seeing all my friends and co-workers children all dressed up... then home to finish off the candy and watch a scary movie.
    Happy Haloween to you all.
    jackie

Weekend
    Going out with friends tonight--it has been a long time.
    Saturday pick Jake up at his dads' and then we will get ready for a night of trick or treating.
    Sunday--Sunday school for Jake and then his last football game in the afternoon.

Then work one more week and then off--wish it was doing something fun but surgery on the 10th and then recoup before heading back to work the following week.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Margo
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Weekend
    Today I went to my radiation appointment and the technicians were dressed up in costumes. Funny! They had a contest going and each patient had to vote on the best outfit.

I went to the bank and to the grocery store after work (so I don't have to go out Saturday or Sunday). This weekend I plan to rest, try to get my burned skin to heal before I go to rads on Monday, finish the Sue Grafton book I'm reading, cook some meals and bake some chocolate chip cookies. Oh - and I have to wash my work clothes before Monday, too. Other than that I'll play computer games with my kids and maybe watch a movie or two.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    I will be trick or treating
    Working in the morning sat.. and then early evening I will be trick or treating with my kids.. and then out on the town to a bar for grown-up time.. love halloween can't wait to get dressed up.. and sunday will be filled with kids soccer games
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    e_hope said:

I will be trick or treating
    Working in the morning sat.. and then early evening I will be trick or treating with my kids.. and then out on the town to a bar for grown-up time.. love halloween can't wait to get dressed up.. and sunday will be filled with kids soccer games

Trick or Treat
    We were suppose to go to a friend's halloween party, but, I am not for sure if we are going or not. We have our costumes figured out, but, we have so many kids coming out to trick and treat, that we hate to be gone. I don't think hubby cares, but, I kind of do. So, we will see. We may just stay home for awhile while the kids come and then just go to the party. This could work out ok!

On Sunday, we will probably just rest and rest and rest. We are good at that! :-)

Happy Halloween!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Trick or Treat
    We were suppose to go to a friend's halloween party, but, I am not for sure if we are going or not. We have our costumes figured out, but, we have so many kids coming out to trick and treat, that we hate to be gone. I don't think hubby cares, but, I kind of do. So, we will see. We may just stay home for awhile while the kids come and then just go to the party. This could work out ok!

On Sunday, we will probably just rest and rest and rest. We are good at that! :-)

Happy Halloween!

Ahh- Hoooooooooo!!! Happy
    Ahh- Hoooooooooo!!! Happy Spooky Halloween to all. Hubby will be handing out candy bars, and I'll just vegetate in front of the tv. I could probably scare any kid this halloween with my bald head and sallow complexion. :) No sweets for me this halloween, I'll stick with jello and broth this evening. I've said this several times since I started treatment, I sure hope I drop at least 20 pounds since I have to go thru this BC process.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Ahh- Hoooooooooo!!! Happy
    Ahh- Hoooooooooo!!! Happy Spooky Halloween to all. Hubby will be handing out candy bars, and I'll just vegetate in front of the tv. I could probably scare any kid this halloween with my bald head and sallow complexion. :) No sweets for me this halloween, I'll stick with jello and broth this evening. I've said this several times since I started treatment, I sure hope I drop at least 20 pounds since I have to go thru this BC process.

Natly
    You are beautiful! And that grandbaby with you, makes you light up even more. What a darling child!