Good News

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Saw my surgeon yesterday afternoon (1 week and 1 day post) and got good news. 'Everything' had shrunk a lot with chemo (though still large) and all had good margins. He only took 15 nodes. Still a lot of drainage, so drains were left in for now. Have appt next Thursday with him and one with chemo on the 10th. Was cleared to go ahead and do whatever I felt like. Now if the stupid weather would co-operate - I did ride (horse) yesterday but I want to get out on the bike route too.

Susan

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    You're making me look bad
    Susan, I just was telling my radiation oncologist yesterday how women older than me going through breast cancer treatment are making me look bad, and he laughed at me....I'm going to print out your post and take it to him!!

You're only a week out from surgery, had 15 nodes taken, still have drains...and you're RIDING A HORSE?!?

One week out from my surgery -- only 3 nodes taken on each side and no drains -- I went for my first little-old-ladylike shufflewalk around the neighborhood -- and was so exhausted afterwards that I had to lie down for the rest of the day. And I'm 20 years younger than you are!

You're really bad for my self-esteem, Susan....

Seriously...good for you that the news from your surgeon was so positive, and that you're doing so well. My self-esteem aside, we all need to hear as much good news as you have to share!

Traci
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

You're making me look bad
    Susan, I just was telling my radiation oncologist yesterday how women older than me going through breast cancer treatment are making me look bad, and he laughed at me....I'm going to print out your post and take it to him!!

You're only a week out from surgery, had 15 nodes taken, still have drains...and you're RIDING A HORSE?!?

One week out from my surgery -- only 3 nodes taken on each side and no drains -- I went for my first little-old-ladylike shufflewalk around the neighborhood -- and was so exhausted afterwards that I had to lie down for the rest of the day. And I'm 20 years younger than you are!

You're really bad for my self-esteem, Susan....

Seriously...good for you that the news from your surgeon was so positive, and that you're doing so well. My self-esteem aside, we all need to hear as much good news as you have to share!

Traci

LOL Traci!
    I had the same reaction!

I just went back to work this Monday after my lumpectomy and was exhausted by the end of the day - and I just sit at a desk all day!

Seriously, Congratulations on your progess and just go ahead and make the rest of us look bad by comparison - It gives us something to strive toward!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    YOU GO SUSAN!
    I am proud of you! BUT........where are you finding the energy? Can I have some of that?
    Best wishes for continued good news!
    Nancy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

YOU GO SUSAN!
    I am proud of you! BUT........where are you finding the energy? Can I have some of that?
    Best wishes for continued good news!
    Nancy

That is great Susan!

That is great Susan!