Day 2 after 2nd chemo-doing ok

Options
laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So far the 2nd time is going better than the 1st. Just some stomach cramps now and then. No headache like last time, either. No diahrrea, constipation. My face is a little flushed. I'm just waiting to see if the bone pain will be as bad, that usually starts 36 hrs. after the shot, which was given Tuesday. You other chemo gals, how are you doing this time, any better than last? Pitt, how are you doing, Haven't heard from you lately. I probably could have went to work today too, but didn't. Hope everyone is doing well.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Laurissa, glad you're doing
    Laurissa, glad you're doing good. You should be half way through now, right? I hope they get your port straightened out for you, too.
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Laurissa, glad you're doing
    Laurissa, glad you're doing good. You should be half way through now, right? I hope they get your port straightened out for you, too.

Hi Laurissa
    Glad to hear you are doing better this time....I too seem to be having it easier with each treatment and I hope it continues. There are many days I could go to work but I dont...I figure if I dont feel like it, theres a good reason and Im not gonna feel guilty about it. Are you wearing your wig? I do sometimes, but mostly wear wraps and bandanas. I think the wig is itchy and hot...I dont care for it but I guess we got to have it for speacial occasions huh?
    Stay Strong,
    Sam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Hi Laurissa, I'm a day
    Hi Laurissa, I'm a day behind you. Got my neulasta shot today and felt a little nauseau for a short time after the shot. I slept much better this time. If there is any real nauseau it will come tomorrow I believe. I'm as prepared as can be this time. I took milk of magnesia last nite and it helped. I took claritin today to help avoid pain from the shot. I wore my wig all day today. Getting accustomed to it. Pitt had some bad days last week, but based on her last post is feeling fine now. Please keep on posting. I hope Pitt will rejoin us. This online group is my support group and I feel attached to you ladies. Happy this round is better for you.
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Sam726 said:

Hi Laurissa
    Glad to hear you are doing better this time....I too seem to be having it easier with each treatment and I hope it continues. There are many days I could go to work but I dont...I figure if I dont feel like it, theres a good reason and Im not gonna feel guilty about it. Are you wearing your wig? I do sometimes, but mostly wear wraps and bandanas. I think the wig is itchy and hot...I dont care for it but I guess we got to have it for speacial occasions huh?
    Stay Strong,
    Sam

Laurissa and Sam
    Glad to hear you are both doing better getting through #2! I hope it continues this way for you!
    BTW There is nothing wrong with taking a day off work for yourself! I think you need emotional days off and you need days off when you feel good.
  • sherria49
    sherria49 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey Laurissa!
    Glad to hear you are doing better this time around! You are an insiration to those of us a few steps behind you.

God Bless! & Big warm Hugz
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm back!!!
    Hi girls! Sorry to go so stealth on you. Days 3-6 were really bad for me this time again. I'm really having fatigue issues but feel like I'm turning the corner now. (Today is day 7 and I can just feel those white blood cells multiplying!) I've had a bad chest cough too. Oh - listen to me whine. I'm sorry...I've just been so darn tired and I hate not being active. To help me get past my lack of energy though, I went to the art store to replenish some supplies and I have a canvas ready for me tomorrow while the girls are at school. I'm actually really excited about painting so this is good for me. I don't wear the wig- HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. I ordered some more scarves today and some fake eyelashes too! Yep - they are starting to fall out which grosses me out but I'm dealing with it. I'm so glad you all are doing better with the second round of chemo. Why am I doing worse? Oh - I tried the marijuana to help with the bone pain...NADA! Not one little bit of relief. Any suggestions for next time?
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    pitt said:

I'm back!!!
    Hi girls! Sorry to go so stealth on you. Days 3-6 were really bad for me this time again. I'm really having fatigue issues but feel like I'm turning the corner now. (Today is day 7 and I can just feel those white blood cells multiplying!) I've had a bad chest cough too. Oh - listen to me whine. I'm sorry...I've just been so darn tired and I hate not being active. To help me get past my lack of energy though, I went to the art store to replenish some supplies and I have a canvas ready for me tomorrow while the girls are at school. I'm actually really excited about painting so this is good for me. I don't wear the wig- HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. I ordered some more scarves today and some fake eyelashes too! Yep - they are starting to fall out which grosses me out but I'm dealing with it. I'm so glad you all are doing better with the second round of chemo. Why am I doing worse? Oh - I tried the marijuana to help with the bone pain...NADA! Not one little bit of relief. Any suggestions for next time?

Hi everyone
    Pitt sorry to hear you struggled through some bad days. Glad you are turning a corner. Laurissa, Sam and Natly sounds like all went ok for you guys this time around. I had my first chemo today. Got done about four hours ago. I was there for 7 hours. Should be less time next go around. So far my eyes burn, I am drained, little nausea. Will wait and see what comes next. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Becky
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody
    I get my 2nd chemo Friday. Laurissa I am glad to hear your second one is going better. Gives me hope for the same. I'm taking Aleve beginning Sat. with the Neulasta shot and doing double laxative and stool softner and getting Gatoraid or Pedialite to replace any lost electrolites (all onc suggestions).

Pitt I hope you have some anti-nausea medications, to me that would be the worst.

You guys keep writing this week, it's really helpful to have you all just ahead of me...

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Hi Laurissa
    Glad your doing ok.I am getting over the allergic reation to the last chemo.I go back Tue. for the next one.I pray I don,t have a allergic reaction again.She will most likley change my chemo.I am really scared this time.That was a bad reaction.Wish me luck.Take care.(Pat).
  • MORSIE
    MORSIE Member Posts: 5
    Options
    HI Aunt Laurissa
    It was so good to see you today. Sorry it was a very short visit. I thought you looked amazing and I loved the wig. I hope you enjoyed the dinner and goodies. Next time, I'll make you chicken and dumplins. I'm glad you have found this website to get support and information from others going thru the same things. I'm happy to hear this round of Chemo seems to be going better so far. Your hug made my day today. THANKS!
    I love you~ LM
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MORSIE said:

HI Aunt Laurissa
    It was so good to see you today. Sorry it was a very short visit. I thought you looked amazing and I loved the wig. I hope you enjoyed the dinner and goodies. Next time, I'll make you chicken and dumplins. I'm glad you have found this website to get support and information from others going thru the same things. I'm happy to hear this round of Chemo seems to be going better so far. Your hug made my day today. THANKS!
    I love you~ LM

OK .. Chemo Queens ... 2nd round finished ...
    I am on week #2 of 3rd chemo cycle .. herceptin .. Next Tuesday - I will finish my 3rd cycle, which means I am half way thru my CHEMO HELL .. I can't believe I've been on TCH or Herceptin for almost 9 weeks - straight. Yikes, no wonder I am the side efforts queen of California.

Good news, I see a very well known plastic surgeon on November 6th, I am so excited ...surgerical waiting periods are 4 to 6 months so I am going to have to work my magic on him to get my surgery scheduled earlier than May 2009. Dr. Ivan Novan - creates the most beautiful breast for us women. God knows, I would used my good looks to get a quicker surgery date, but with the bald head and puffy face - that's not going to work this time. If all fails, I resort to tears.

I am hoping to have my bi-lateral mactmy in February .. Starting January 15th - I think I will be going in for 6 months of herceptin only -- once every 3 weeks, finishing June 2009 .. No other meds needed, as I am ER/PR negative. Aggressive chemo for 18 weeks stratight due to Her2 positive status, and DCIS diagnosis.

90% chance I don't need rads, as I have elected for bi-lateral, and according to mri's, petscan, catscan's bone scans .. NED of cancer anywhere.

God Bless .. Love and strength to all.

VickiSam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hey, Morsie
    So glad you finally joined the group. I was so overwhelmed to see you today, it was great. The soup and brownies were fantastic. Sorry for the emotional outpour, chemo can do that. I do feel better than last time, I thought it gets worse. Thanks for everything, Morsie. See you again, soon.
  • MORSIE
    MORSIE Member Posts: 5
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hey, Morsie
    So glad you finally joined the group. I was so overwhelmed to see you today, it was great. The soup and brownies were fantastic. Sorry for the emotional outpour, chemo can do that. I do feel better than last time, I thought it gets worse. Thanks for everything, Morsie. See you again, soon.

LOL
    Yes, I FINALLY got the chance to join the website. It's a great way to stay connected and these women and supporters have such amazing inspiational stories. I am already learning so much.

Please don't give your "emotional outpour" as you called it a second thought. I felt bad for mixing up the girls names earlier. I hope I didn't hurt any feelings. I was in such a hurry and not really paying attn to anyone else in the room, but you. Next visit, I promise to spend more time. I thought you looked great, your skin color and the red wig...BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm glad the 2nd tx isn't making you feel as bad the 1st did.

~LM
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    VickiSam said:

OK .. Chemo Queens ... 2nd round finished ...
    I am on week #2 of 3rd chemo cycle .. herceptin .. Next Tuesday - I will finish my 3rd cycle, which means I am half way thru my CHEMO HELL .. I can't believe I've been on TCH or Herceptin for almost 9 weeks - straight. Yikes, no wonder I am the side efforts queen of California.

Good news, I see a very well known plastic surgeon on November 6th, I am so excited ...surgerical waiting periods are 4 to 6 months so I am going to have to work my magic on him to get my surgery scheduled earlier than May 2009. Dr. Ivan Novan - creates the most beautiful breast for us women. God knows, I would used my good looks to get a quicker surgery date, but with the bald head and puffy face - that's not going to work this time. If all fails, I resort to tears.

I am hoping to have my bi-lateral mactmy in February .. Starting January 15th - I think I will be going in for 6 months of herceptin only -- once every 3 weeks, finishing June 2009 .. No other meds needed, as I am ER/PR negative. Aggressive chemo for 18 weeks stratight due to Her2 positive status, and DCIS diagnosis.

90% chance I don't need rads, as I have elected for bi-lateral, and according to mri's, petscan, catscan's bone scans .. NED of cancer anywhere.

God Bless .. Love and strength to all.

VickiSam

VickiSam - Congrats
    Congratulations on the NED post scans!!! That is awesome! I'm so glad that you have made it 1/2 through chemo hell!!! I know you will finish on a high and get the most beautiful boobs in California! Hey - you gotta find the positive, right? Good luck at your appointment. I hope your good looks or tears do their magic! Men are so easy! Pitt
  • Goldenguru
    Goldenguru Member Posts: 23
    Options
    MORSIE said:

LOL
    Yes, I FINALLY got the chance to join the website. It's a great way to stay connected and these women and supporters have such amazing inspiational stories. I am already learning so much.

Please don't give your "emotional outpour" as you called it a second thought. I felt bad for mixing up the girls names earlier. I hope I didn't hurt any feelings. I was in such a hurry and not really paying attn to anyone else in the room, but you. Next visit, I promise to spend more time. I thought you looked great, your skin color and the red wig...BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm glad the 2nd tx isn't making you feel as bad the 1st did.

~LM

Hi Larissa~
    I just finished #4 on Monday. All done with the A/C and so thankful. My 'recovery' after the 2nd treatment was probably the hardest. Now, I mostly have that horrible fatigue everyone talks about. But, heh, I can deal with fatigue.

Everyone tells me that the next phase of chemo is much, much easier. I'm counting on it.
    Hang in there. This part will be over before you know it. :)
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Hi Larissa~
    I just finished #4 on Monday. All done with the A/C and so thankful. My 'recovery' after the 2nd treatment was probably the hardest. Now, I mostly have that horrible fatigue everyone talks about. But, heh, I can deal with fatigue.

Everyone tells me that the next phase of chemo is much, much easier. I'm counting on it.
    Hang in there. This part will be over before you know it. :)

I Salute You!
    Just kind of watching and waiting from the sidelines. To all of you who are going thru chemo I admire all of you. And for all those who are cheering you on "Keep it up". To me, you're all 4 star generals in this war!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.