Feeling Down

Options
jennN
jennN Member Posts: 40
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

I've just had my 2nd round of chemo and am feeling down. I am trying to be positive,but I just feel blah. I'm also on my period and it's a gloomy day. The new anti-nausea meds are helping, but I feel tired and sleep all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather sleep than be sick. Yet, I feel like I'm missing everything. My kids are quiet, not talking a lot, and I know they are affected by my health. Also, I keep thinking about the what if's. I know...nothing in life is certain...but I just hate the thought of going through this again some day. I know many of you are in this boat, and don't know how you manage day to day. I have a very supportive family and friend network, lots to be happy about, but just feel blah.

Jen

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Hang in there. There will be
    Hang in there. There will be days or moments like that but than there will be happy great moments also. Just try to get well and take care of yourself. When I feel like that I put a funny good movie on that I've seen a lot. Then if you dose off it doesn't matter because you already know what you missed when you wake up. Hugs.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Hang in there. There will be
    Hang in there. There will be days or moments like that but than there will be happy great moments also. Just try to get well and take care of yourself. When I feel like that I put a funny good movie on that I've seen a lot. Then if you dose off it doesn't matter because you already know what you missed when you wake up. Hugs.

It will get better
    As Marcia said ... hang in there. What you are feeling is totally normal for everything going on in your body. Try not to stress about it... and if your body says it needs a rest ... do it. Sit and watch TV, or read ... or take a nap. And don't feel guilty about not being able to be "superwoman." You ARE a SUPERWOMAN. Just look at what you have done so far to take care of yourself as far as treatments go etc. It's amazing how strong we can be when the time comes for that inner strength ... it's there.

Just listen to your body ... and take it easy ...

big hugs.
    teena
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    A gloomy day
    Jen,

A gloomy day AND having your period are enough reasons to feel blah. Just top it off with chemo and there is no way to get around blah.

Sleep as much as you can - I think it will help.

Keep talking to your family and us about how you feel. I find that sometimes just typing or saying the words out loud makes me feel better. It's like my problems or concerns are out of me after the words leave my body.

Here's to a better day! Take care.
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen.
    Hope you are feeling

Hi Jen.
    Hope you are feeling better this morning. Some days are just like that. We are stronger than we think. Sometimes one day at a time is too long and I tell myself I can make it one minute at a time. . Take good care of yourself. Marilyn
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Hi Jen.
    Hope you are feeling

Hi Jen.
    Hope you are feeling better this morning. Some days are just like that. We are stronger than we think. Sometimes one day at a time is too long and I tell myself I can make it one minute at a time. . Take good care of yourself. Marilyn

You have now officially a Chemo Queen ...
    Jen,

Don't despair .. Chemo is doable. However, the family, children, job all seems to impact our view on life with breast cancer. Believe me when I say, side efforts of fatigue - lack of zest for life is all too REAL.

Be kind to yourself - spend time reading, watch tv, homework with your children from the comfort of your bed while resting or on the sofa. Remember all the women and men that have fought this battle before us - side efforts and all. We too, will win this breast cancer war.

We are stronger and wiser than we think.

Stay strong and fight ..

VickiSam