New, yet hopeful

vgau
vgau Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Bladder Cancer #1
I just received word that I have bladder cancer. It seems we caught this very early and my doctor cauterized the cell after taking the sample. I guess I am now in the every 3 month check routine.

It is all so surreal right now and I am researching every place I can, have bought books on bladder cancer and diet when you have cancer.

I know there is no one that can say what the outcome will be, but it sure would be nice to have a better idea of my lifespan. I guess that is what scares me the most. I am a new grandma and want many years to watch him grow.

A couple of questions:
1. How do you get answers to questions quickly? I wish I could have a doctor on speed dial, but know that is not realistic.
2. What is better? Urologist or Onocologist working with you?
I am being hopeful and as positive as I can at this point.

Comments

• finbar
    finbar Member Posts: 26
    There is great news in the battle with cancer. The Dept. of radiation Oncology at Erlangen Univ. Med School, Germany is using deep hyperthermia treatment in cases of high-risk bladder cancer achieving remarkable results. For more info, U can reach me at alb212@gmail.com
  • dukers101
    dukers101 Member Posts: 14
    finbar said:

There is great news in the battle with cancer. The Dept. of radiation Oncology at Erlangen Univ. Med School, Germany is using deep hyperthermia treatment in cases of high-risk bladder cancer achieving remarkable results. For more info, U can reach me at alb212@gmail.com

Is this being used anywhere
    Is this being used anywhere here is California? This is used instead of surgery to remove the bladder?