Chopped my Hair

Options
mbalder
mbalder Member Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I had my 2nd treatement last Thurs. by Sat. my hair started to come out in clumps, I couldn't handle it anymore. My 6 & 9 year old daughters chopped it all off for me. They laughed and had a great time. I am glad its gone and not getting all over the place anymore. Anyone know how long after chemo it takes to grow back?

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I think mine starting
    I think mine starting growing back in about three or four weeks. Then it grew about as fast as it grew before chemo. Mine came in curly for a while but then straightened out and now looks just like it did before. I had my last chemo in 2004.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    humor
    I love your sense of humor and your courage. You go!
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    Options
    not fast enough
    I had my last chemo in May and I had some growth even before the chemo ended...it was stubble, but it was still growth. Now in October, I have quite a bit of hair, kind of like a boy's haircut. I don't think it is growing in fast enough, but that's probably because I'm not very patient. It didn't come in curly at all and it is definitely darker than before. I keep looking for gray. :)
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Great transition idea
    I'm glad you are okay with the transition and were able to include your daughters in the event. I hope you will continue to keep looking forward! Good luck! Pitt
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    pitt said:

Great transition idea
    I'm glad you are okay with the transition and were able to include your daughters in the event. I hope you will continue to keep looking forward! Good luck! Pitt

Hair growth
    Mine fell out late March when I was on A/C but then started to grow back in in the middle of June when I was on Taxol. Right now my hair is 2 inches long.
    Some people's hair doesn't grow back until they have been off chemo for a month or so where others grow back when they are on it--I think it depends on what type of cocktail you are on.

Margo
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Hair growth
    Mine fell out late March when I was on A/C but then started to grow back in in the middle of June when I was on Taxol. Right now my hair is 2 inches long.
    Some people's hair doesn't grow back until they have been off chemo for a month or so where others grow back when they are on it--I think it depends on what type of cocktail you are on.

Margo

Thanks Margo and PattiAnee
    Interesting facts about re-growth. My theory based on onc and staff is that my hair will be growing like a weed days after my last TCH treatment (end of December 2009) ..

Very interesting ....

Thank you all so much for sharing ..

VickiSam
  • brenda247
    brenda247 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    i did the same
    i had 6 rounds of chemo and my hair started falling out 2 weeks after the first treatment. i was getting ready to go to the dr again that night i got my daughter to do the same for me. it upset her something terrible guess because she knew it was bothering me. she stopped went into her room crying her dad had to finish it whether he wanted to or not i had only one side and the other was chopped told them hey someones gotta do this i cant walk around like this.. lol.. tried to be strong but i kept falling apart. but i made it and it didnt bother me nomore.. im got done with chemo on oct 1 2009 and my hair started to grow about 3 weeks. so hang in there and get through it im hoping it was true what i been told that it would be new and different than before..

take care and it will be better than before!!!