PET/CT Scan Results - Devastating

Options
2»

Comments

• Hatshepsut
    Hatshepsut Member Posts: 336 Member
    Options

The wind knocked out of me
    After reading your post it knocked the wind out of me too. I hate this monster called cancer. I want to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Keep us posted. You have a lot of friends here and we're all thinking of you.

Brooks

Support

Susan:

I'm on your team, too.

I truly hope that you are feeling stronger today and more prepared to fight.

Remember, knowledge is power.

Hatshepsut
  • amyboston
    amyboston Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Prayers for you
    Susan,
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    blessings,
    Amy
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    Options
    Don't give up
    Susan - Don't give up there is always hope. I don't know what you are going through, for I am just a caregiver, but I know you have to keep fighting. When things get tough, think or someone who means the world to you and make that person be you will to fight. God Bless and I will keep praying for all. Margaret
  • serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    califsue said:

I failed Folfox originally and now Folfiri + Avastin
    Hi Serrana,

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post. I have been on Folfiri + Avastin since 6/09 and just found out that I have progression in my lungs. I'm a KRAS mutant, so no Erbitux for me. I'm looking for a clinical trial.

I live in Orange County. I have been talking to Roger at Dr. Lenz's office and he is trying to fit me in ASAP. I'm concerned about the time factor since my scans last week showed so much progression compared to my scans done 2 months ago.

What kind of surgeon is Michael Stamos? One of the tumors in my chest wall is pressing against a nerve causing me a lot of pain. I hope to get it debaulked if nothing else. I really don't know right now what I'm doing.

Thanks for your kind suggestions,
    Susan

shreds of hope
    Hi Susan
    Bravo for not giving up and asking for help from the board folks/

You didn't say what cancer center you have been treated at..... you live in Orange County so have you connected w/ National Cancer Institute UCI Medical Center Chao Comprehensive Cancer Center and their Digestive Diseases Center in Orange? That is where Michael Stamos, MD is; he is the chief of colorectal surgery, a full professor and the most famous rectal surgeon I found. Actually I was in to see him yesterday and consider him my main man for recommending treatment resources. A true saint; always encouraging and always there for me.

If you want an appointment w/ him and also when you go to Lenz tell them that one of their patients from San Diego recommended them. My real name is not Serrana so that won't "click" with them. If you want my real name, PM me and I'll give it to you.

I live alone also and know how important support is so keep writing. Check out Lisa42's story as she has many of the same issues as you do re mets and KRAS mutant.

Bushels of Hope
    Prayers for Blessings of Complete Recovery
    Serrana in San Diego
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Susan
    Susan,

I am thinking of you and hoping that your consult with Dr Lenz goes well.

Amy
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Praying for you
    Susan-
    I lift prayers for you and your continued fight against this beast. I pray a clinical trial or other set of treatments may heal you.\\((HUGS))\\Peggy