124»

Comments

• MacAllisterC
    MacAllisterC Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021 #62
    Options
    RoseDodge said:

Malignant Fibrous Sarcoma
    Diagnosed 2008 Malignant Fibrous Sarcoma in my leg bone. Had surgery took out bone and replaced with endo prosthesis (prosthesis within my leg), from knee down to ankle. Had very strong chemo for 11mths. Cancer came back in lungs within 6mths. March 2009 was given 6mths to live, Drs could do nothing more for me. Now March 2010 and still well, not 100% but I dont miss out on much. To look at me you would think I was normal, I look really well and most of the time feel well.

I put my well being down to diet, small things like NO sugar and lots of antioxidant foods.
    Australia

Musing in Minneapolis

Australia,

I was just diagnosed with multiple Malignant Fibrous Sarcomas in my hips and thigh. My treatment was immediate removal surgery, and I am now on chemotherapy and radiation. I'm a newbie and scared. Can you mentor me through your experience? 

Please reply for contact.

Allie

• MacAllisterC
    edited April 2021 #63
    Options

Could you expound?
    Hello RoseDodge,

I too have been trying to eat well and do things for myself in regard to diet and well being...

I am just being diagnosed as we speak with Fibrosarcoma and I believe that it is basically in my femur bone. I have done bone scans (which showed it was only in the femur and no where else...) and I have done xrays, as well as a couple of MRI's, a biopsy... However I am in the very very beginning process of this all right now. I meet with a whole team of doctors soon to talk about a course of action etc... I too feel completely "normal" as you say about yourself and do not understand this although I am a person of faith and so that is something I accept is out of my hands. I know there is purpose for everything under heaven...

I wonder if you could share with me what your prognosis was since your fibrosarcoma is the closest to mine by far on this website. Everyone elses seems to be in the arm, or face, or elsewhere in the body and so I related to you; ours both being in the leg. Sounds like yours was from the knee down. Mine the knee up. I am wondering if you were a high stage/grade from the beginning...?

I am trying to get a grasp of things so I know what to expect, but also I want to ask a lot of questions when I go in to see the doctors. Just wondering if anything else contributed to your prognosis (going to the lungs and your dr's giving up on you)... there has got to be more that they can do for you! I can't believe it. Was it already far spread or large in size to begin with? Sorry, this is new to me and I may be getting to personal with you... I just really hate that they can take out an entire bone, poison with chemo (you would think those 2 things alone would do it) and then have it go to your lungs. I am so so sorry to hear all of this and sort of hoped you could share more with me.

Let me know how I can support you. Trying to be healthy and positive in the USA.

Love to hear your story!

I'm newly diagnosed with fibrosarcoma of the hips and right leg. Could you walk me through the in's and out's?

Alliw

• MacAllisterC
    edited April 2021 #64
    Options
    sdmama said:

Checking In...
    Hi All,
    I was diagnosed with Fibrosarcoma in my right thigh muscle in September 2009. I am almost ready to transition to a 6 month check-in cycle. So far, so good. CT scans, MRIs, and a PET scan all show no evidence of cancer. It is hard to go in for check-ups, especially when doctors find nodules of concern. I am hopeful that things will continue to go well for me and I hope the same for all of you.
    Take care!

Newly Diagnosed

sdmama,

I am new to this whole fibrosarcoma thing. Mine was also in my right thigh muscle as well. Hoping we can talk and you can tell me your experience.

Allie

• MacAllisterC
    edited April 2021 #65
    Options
    ccham929 said:

fibrosarcoma

hello, I have a younger sister who was diagnosed with fibrosarcoma 3 years ago. It has recurred 4 times. She has endured three surgeries  and awaiting a forth. She has received three separate rounds of chemo and will most likely do it again.  I am trying to ask people who have dealt with this type of cancer what/where they received treatment. Just trying to find more info on where to go. If you have any suggestions it would be sincerely appreciated. It has been difficult searhing online for doctors who have the MOST experience with this type. Thank you!

Newly Diagnosed

ccham929,

I am newly diagnosed with fibrosarcoma in my right thigh and hips. I know you obviously posted a few years ago but would you/your sister be willing to share your experience with me?

I would much appreciate any helpful tips or advice.

Thanks,

Allie

• MacAllisterC
    Options

hey everyone, just diagnosed

hey everyone, just diagnosed in august with fibrosarcoma in the pelvic region, having a ct scan tomorrow then we go from there to surgery schedule, anyone else have it in the pelvic area, im not finding others with it in that area. just wanting to know what experiences you have had.

Hips Too

stormybestfriend,

I was just diagnosed with fibrosarcoma in my hips and right thigh. Would you care to share experiences?

Allie