What time is it? GOAL MONDAY!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Big week for me
    So for this week my goals are very selfish - I turned 60 today. OMG!! I know I should feel wiser or more mature. NOT!
    1. Go out and have a drink with my daughter tonight
    2. Go out with my girlfriends and have more than one drink tomorrow night (Oh Thursday
    morning will be tough!!
    Anybody see a theme here - I'm gonna celebrate.
    3. Go to the Look Good, Feel Good workshop on Thursday afternoon - Just in case I do have
    the chemo.
    4. Go to Onco appt on Fri and hopefully have GREAT NEWS and a low onco type score so I
    don't have to have chemo and can return everything I get from ACS on Thursday.
    5. Dance a great jig on Friday night and maybe go out for drinks to celebrate
    6. Recouperate on Saturday - Sleep late and take a nap
    7. Sunday - Family birthday BBQ celebration with kids and grandkids and family.
    I've decided that this week is about me and I deserve it which is a big switch coming from super momma take charge of and care for everyone else.
    I hope everyone else's week is as much fun as mine is going to be. Lola

Happy Birthday Lola!!!
    Pammy
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    mimivac said:

Rainy Wednesday
    So, here we are on a rainy (in DC) Wednesday. How are we all doing? I had a sort-of crisis yesterday when I got super hungrey and cranky before lunch. I was supposed to eat a banana and then go to the gym. But instead I inhaled a huge bag of pretzels and didn't budge from my desk. Of course that got me on a downward spiral of depression and negative self-talk. I was ready to chuck it all and go out for a huge, unhealthy dinner. Instead, I allowed myself to feel bad and disappointed and stupid and a little hopeless. I just tried to sit with the emotions and let them wash over me and then dissipate on their own.

Then Simon had to work late so I took the metro to his office and got my eyebrows waxed at the salon downstairs while I waited for him. We got home late and I faced another temptation: eat uninspiring leftovers or order out. We were on the verge of picking up the phone, when I decided to treat my body well and eat the good, healthy food at home. So, I did! After dinner, we even cooked up some sardines and beets for lunch today. So, today I am really determined to go to the gym. That way, I can treat myself on Friday and not feel bad. So, I have talked about myself enough. This is a kind of therapy for me, I think. Hope everyone is dong well. Only 2 more days till the weekend!

Mimi

Good job Mimi
    I don't know if I would have had the will-power. Sounds like you are like me, a stress eater. It's amazing how quickly a bag of pretzels can disappear. I've done that more than once. I too need to get back to my healthy eating of the 1st half of 2009 when I lost 50 pounds since I still have a ways to go. I've kinda been lax on this as I go through the "waiting mode" Hard to focus on an apple or carrot when my mind tells me I "need" chocolate and plenty of it.

Keep treating yourself good but allow those "lows" to continue to roll over you so they can go bye-bye.

Tonight is the night for my party with the girls! Can't wait. Of course that's the story of my life right now. I called my onco's office, the receptionist said my results from the oncotype testing are back but both the doc and his nurse are out today. The receptionist was so sweet (she must have dealt with this before). I left a message for the nurse tomorrow AM. It would be great to hear first thing tomorrow.

Have a great end of the week. Lola
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Good job Mimi
    I don't know if I would have had the will-power. Sounds like you are like me, a stress eater. It's amazing how quickly a bag of pretzels can disappear. I've done that more than once. I too need to get back to my healthy eating of the 1st half of 2009 when I lost 50 pounds since I still have a ways to go. I've kinda been lax on this as I go through the "waiting mode" Hard to focus on an apple or carrot when my mind tells me I "need" chocolate and plenty of it.

Keep treating yourself good but allow those "lows" to continue to roll over you so they can go bye-bye.

Tonight is the night for my party with the girls! Can't wait. Of course that's the story of my life right now. I called my onco's office, the receptionist said my results from the oncotype testing are back but both the doc and his nurse are out today. The receptionist was so sweet (she must have dealt with this before). I left a message for the nurse tomorrow AM. It would be great to hear first thing tomorrow.

Have a great end of the week. Lola

Thanks, Lola
    I was good today and got to the gym and ate well. It is so hard to get back on track, but I know you can do it. I think you should eat chocolate -- it's good for you! Seriously, there are numerous studies that point to the health effects of dark chocolate, from an immunity booster to cardiovascular health. I buy really good 70% cacoe chocolate with no soy and have one square (about 1/2 an oz.) every night after dinner. It's my little dessert. So have at it.

Good luck with your results tomorrow and have a blast with the girls tonight!

Mimi
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanks, Lola
    I was good today and got to the gym and ate well. It is so hard to get back on track, but I know you can do it. I think you should eat chocolate -- it's good for you! Seriously, there are numerous studies that point to the health effects of dark chocolate, from an immunity booster to cardiovascular health. I buy really good 70% cacoe chocolate with no soy and have one square (about 1/2 an oz.) every night after dinner. It's my little dessert. So have at it.

Mimi

I have been reading this for
    I have been reading this for awhile Mimi and I love it. Now, I just have to get some goals. HA!

Keep it going.

Debby
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanks, Lola

Mimi

Thanks for the support Mimi
    and I do eat dark chocolate. My daughter got me hooked on it and actually gave me a bar of the 72% in my birthday package. I'm like you and have a square at night (at least I try to keep to 1 square.
    The blast with the girls is on hold until next week since 2 of them have the flu. Still got my other fun things planned though. I'll think of you when I have my little square of chocolate tonight. Have a great rest of the week. Lola
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    OK, Debby!
    Well, I was asked to keep this going, so I will. Not that I need the invitation to talk. LOL. So, yesterday was good and I rewarded myself by purchasing a membership to the Smithsonian museums. That way I will get a discount when I buy things at the gift shops, which is not infrequent. We did go out to dinner last night to celebrate Simon's award at work, but otherwise doing well. I'm getting up early and writing in my journal every morning, so that is really helping me tap into my creativity. I have all these ideas of what I want to do now. Today I will try to snag tickets to a dance performance of Dracula tomorrow. Scary! Almost the weekend!!

Mimi