ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thanks, making sure it will
    Thanks, making sure it will post
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ok it posted, I did go today
    Ok it posted, I did go today and he was a very nice Dr. He was at Gwinnett Medical in ga. but he is from MD Anderson (Dr. York)He basically said that if it's working don't change it for now. I am getting significant results from Folfox and that he thought I was getting the best standard of care right now. He mentioned Sirspheres and chemoembolization for future options. Right now my liver is like a chocolate chip cookie(his analogy) and it would be hard to go in and do resection or RFA. It would be difficult to get all of them out and get good margins. I got to see all of the tumors on the computer, he had the very first scan and compared to the scan in Oct. my largest tumor was not lighting up, it was mostly dead tissue and other large 2 other were dark as well, the small tumors that are scattered are not lighting up but are not gone either.So, overall I am doing well but still chemo forever or at least a while until I get more shrinkage. My liver function is great and he said Avastan was a great drug and did not think we should stop it for 6 weeks or more to do another procedure right now. I think I will probably get another opinion. Thank you all for your love, concern, and prayers. Patti
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ittapp said:

Ok it posted, I did go today and he was a very nice Dr. He was at Gwinnett Medical in ga. but he is from MD Anderson (Dr. York)He basically said that if it's working don't change it for now. I am getting significant results from Folfox and that he thought I was getting the best standard of care right now. He mentioned Sirspheres and chemoembolization for future options. Right now my liver is like a chocolate chip cookie(his analogy) and it would be hard to go in and do resection or RFA. It would be difficult to get all of them out and get good margins. I got to see all of the tumors on the computer, he had the very first scan and compared to the scan in Oct. my largest tumor was not lighting up, it was mostly dead tissue and other large 2 other were dark as well, the small tumors that are scattered are not lighting up but are not gone either.So, overall I am doing well but still chemo forever or at least a while until I get more shrinkage. My liver function is great and he said Avastan was a great drug and did not think we should stop it for 6 weeks or more to do another procedure right now. I think I will probably get another opinion. Thank you all for your love, concern, and prayers. Patti

Sounds good
    I'm glad you liked the doctor, and it sounds like pretty positive news, don't you think? I'll keep praying for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Sounds good
    I'm glad you liked the doctor, and it sounds like pretty positive news, don't you think? I'll keep praying for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail

Good for you!
    Good for you for getting another opinion! I wanted to let you know that in chemo last Friday I was next to a woman who has had the spheres & she said they have worked well on her.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    ittapp said:

I'm glad you got more
    I'm glad you got more answers - a chance to see exactly what has been going on with your liver, and hear some options down the road. Good to hear the mets have been shrinking and aren't lighting up! That sounds very promising.

Have you considered continuing as you are for just a while longer, and then trying again to see if they'll try something else?
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Patti
    Honestly, that sounds like an okay plan. If chemo can keep shrinking and killing those liver tumors, then maybe something new will be approved to rid your body of cancer forever.

I'll keep praying, Patti.

Even so... Come Quickly!

Diane