Holding on still

pattynonews
pattynonews Member Posts: 176
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Well Jack is holding his own, His sister took the nite shift so I got some sleep, and it was a very spirtually expeience with the priest an all, and I finally got some sleep last night and all of a sudden I was woken from a dead sleep becasue I heard someone whaling on Jacks drums ( and right now I dont like no one playing the drums ) but when I got up it was Jack jammin on the drums, I know they say geta burst of energy, but I was not expecting that, so then he went to bed , he so far has had a good day, His blood pressure has dropped some and he can't get out of bed to much, I do have continues care, and having a nurse around the clock, I still get up and help alot I just cant help it,but now it gives time to just be together, not sure how long we will have, he is havind episode of apenea, It is a very hard time, you know I just seen on Tv that this lady got a second chance in love and she never thought you got second changes, And I was thinking wow, I was giving a 2nd chance in love and now Im losing that, what will my furute hold now, A live full of loniless and being alone, Jack was my second chance I found true love again, he taught me so much, he taught me to be a better person, and he loved me like no other and Im losing it, Sometimes I feel like Im going to die from a broken heart, at least I will meet up with Jack sooner, how do we get through this, I know ir is soon ,

He is on the ABH drug now so he is resting comfortable, I just keep holding on to the last I love you wondering if it is going to be the last one,

Comments

• grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    Thinking of You
    I've been thinking about you, but I have been having trouble posting. It sounds like you finally have the help you need. I am glad for that. It's hard to let the love of our lives go. My prayers are with you. Fay
  • junklady
    junklady Member Posts: 88 Member
    Patty and Jack
    Patty and Jack- Just want to let you know that Dale and I are thinking of you. Hugs and prayers.
  • trish07
    trish07 Member Posts: 138
    Patty, as I'm sure you have
    Patty, as I'm sure you have noticed, the boards have been messed up for about 3 days now. No one can reply to postings. I'm sure there are many, including myself that have tried to respond to you and could not. At a time when you needed the most support we were not able to give it.

It has been some time that you said Jack is still holding on. I'm not sure if that is still the case...and if not..I am so truly sorry.

I was amazed when you said Jack was up playing the drums! What a blessing for him and for you too. I can't even imagine the elation and shock you must have experienced when you saw that he was the one playing the drums. Do you think it was because you put the sticks in his hands when he was sleeping?

It is good to hear that the hospice nurse is their round the clock and you are getting special time with Jack...I know your heart must be breaking...just remember that you will always have Jacks love locked safely in your heart and your love for him will a part of his soul for eternity.

I cannot even imagine what you are going through but I am praying that God blesses you with a peaceful heart.

Trish