Aches and pains

calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my first chemo on Thursday and felt great until today. I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night and woke up today feeling like someone beat me all night. Every muscle and joint in my body hurts to the point of tears. Any one had this with taxotere and cytoxan and how long does it last?

Comments

  • Amy_T
    Amy_T Member Posts: 3
    Ask your doctor about
    Ask your doctor about Neurontin(Gabapentin) the taxotere causes neurological damage/pain.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Amy_T said:

    Ask your doctor about
    Ask your doctor about Neurontin(Gabapentin) the taxotere causes neurological damage/pain.

    Amy T .. Thanks for the information ...
    Taxotere ... killed me last week .. No joke ..


    VickiSam
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    Day 3
    Day 3 after chemo is notorious for its symptoms. Many start experiencing the side effects on the third day. This may change as you continue treatment, but your first one will be a roadmap to how you will tolerate them generally. There may be relief for the body aches, at least to a point. Have you tried pain relievers yet? Your onc. will have additional suggestions. I know this sucks, but it's part of it. You'll make it through and recover from this round.

    Mimi
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    mimivac said:

    Day 3
    Day 3 after chemo is notorious for its symptoms. Many start experiencing the side effects on the third day. This may change as you continue treatment, but your first one will be a roadmap to how you will tolerate them generally. There may be relief for the body aches, at least to a point. Have you tried pain relievers yet? Your onc. will have additional suggestions. I know this sucks, but it's part of it. You'll make it through and recover from this round.

    Mimi

    My oncologist
    My oncologist suggested that I take Claritin--It worked for me.
    Ask your oncologist for recommendations.

    Hugs,
    Margo
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    I have the same problem...
    I have the same problem on days 3-5 post chemo. I just finished my second round and it was exactly the same as the first. My onc also suggested claritin but that is not helping me. The only relief I get is from 3-4 ibuprofen = prescription strength. It will go away and you will feel better...but don't suffer needlessly. Work with your onc to find the right solution for you!!! Good luck! Pitt
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Me too
    Day 4 and 5 were the worst for me, but I thought is was from leunasta shot. Had to take pecasat at times. Lasts 2-3 days. I bet you're better today.
  • stevie178
    stevie178 Member Posts: 31

    My oncologist
    My oncologist suggested that I take Claritin--It worked for me.
    Ask your oncologist for recommendations.

    Hugs,
    Margo

    Claritin
    Claritin , now that's interesting since it's for allergies but if it works then hey why not? My wife is experiencing these pain symptoms as well and is looking for relief from the pain but was told no ADVIL !!! it's a blood thinner . She is administered something the Onc calls the "Pink Lady" & the day after it's the "Red Dragon" but I think it is this AC drug everyone is talking about ( tooooooooo many to remember ) since it is only given over a shorter period of time . Teresa has 3 more runs of this stuff and then 12 weeks of something no quite so potent according to the Doc. Then comes the surgery and finally 6 weeks of radiation or that is the current plan of attack for her . I know the Doc should always be in the loop but if there are things working for you ladies then please let me know so I can keep my lovie as comfy as possible.Are there any "comfort foods" anyone finds are easier on the system when dealing with the nausea?

    Thank you all & Best Wishes

    Steve & Teresa
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    pitt said:

    I have the same problem...
    I have the same problem on days 3-5 post chemo. I just finished my second round and it was exactly the same as the first. My onc also suggested claritin but that is not helping me. The only relief I get is from 3-4 ibuprofen = prescription strength. It will go away and you will feel better...but don't suffer needlessly. Work with your onc to find the right solution for you!!! Good luck! Pitt

    Neulasta shot
    My aches and pains were from the Neulasta shot, too. Clariton is supposed to help a lot of people, but it didn't do too much for me. Although as chemo progressed, I began to get the bone pain on the day I got the shot. It would disappear the next day, so at least it was brief. I wish the same for you guys. Good luck.

    Mimi