BIOPSY RESULTS

Options
animallover2
animallover2 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am a two timer Breast CANCER SURVIVOR. On my 10th year anniversary of the second cancer my oncologist found a lump in my tramflap reconstructed breast. I followed through and had a fine needle biopsy which turned out negative for malignancy. Even though it is negative, the oncology surgeon wants to do another fine needle biopsy on November 17th and discuss the possibility of setting up a date for removal of the lump.

I don't understand why they want to do another fine needle biopsy when they got two vials of fluid along with cells on the first one, and why are they stringing me along, the Holidays will be upon us shortly. I know that I am a rare case with bilateral tramflap reconstruction with BRACA 1 positive status. I'm almost 20 years out from my first breast cancer and this is the side that is in question.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Ask why he wants to do
    Ask why he wants to do another biopsy. I would ask just to clear your mind. You could always get a second opinion if you are still unsure.
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Hi 1of 2
    My Mother just had two biopsies. The pathologist said that both were positive and she needed to have two removals. The surgeon disagreed with one of the biopsies, saying that it was negative. Now they want for her to have that spot retested.
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

Hi 1of 2
    My Mother just had two biopsies. The pathologist said that both were positive and she needed to have two removals. The surgeon disagreed with one of the biopsies, saying that it was negative. Now they want for her to have that spot retested.

2 of 2
    I wonder if she should have a second opinion of that biopsy from an separate independent qualified organization.