Free housecleaning for patients on chemo

pitt
pitt Member Posts: 387
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Look ladies, I don't know if this is nationwide or even legit. But if any of you want to check it out and let others know, here is the information my sister-in-law forwarded to me...

The ribbon is pink but when it comes to housecleaning for free I'm colorblind!
With Hope, MiMi

Cleaning for a Reason

If you know any woman currently undergoing Chemo, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment.
Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maidservice in her zip code area arrange for the service.

Also if you use or have used a cleaning service please contact them and ask them to offer their services by contacting this website.
http://www.cleaningforareason.org

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I didn't use this service
    I didn't use this service but someone posted about it has. Forgot who it was.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Darn!
    I got excited about this one, Pitt! I checked it out and they don't have service in my area :((
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Bump
    I wanted to bump this up, as Pitt had the unwitting misfortune to post this just when the web goblins got us, so lots of folks may not have seen it.

As I'm about to embark on 10 years of rads (okay, not that long, but it feels like it...), and I live alone, I'm really interested in this service -- wondering if anyone else has used it?

Traci
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Bump
    I wanted to bump this up, as Pitt had the unwitting misfortune to post this just when the web goblins got us, so lots of folks may not have seen it.

As I'm about to embark on 10 years of rads (okay, not that long, but it feels like it...), and I live alone, I'm really interested in this service -- wondering if anyone else has used it?

Traci

I'd like to know also
    Traci -

I also live in the L. A. area, so if you do try it, can you please post your experience? I'm not ready to start radiation yet, but I know I'll be there before too long.

I'm a little daunted by the stories I've read about the fatigue. I already feel tired after my first day back to work from my lumpectomy - I miss my naps!!

Thanks,
    Cindy

EDITED TO ADD: I realized after my original post that the title said free for Chemo, not for other treatments. In that case, I may not qualify (I'm still hoping to be lucky enough to skip chemo but don't know yet). It would still be useful information, though!