OMG! I Am Being Attacked and Taken Over By the Beetles! YIKES!

Options

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Jeanne, I'm being attacked too
    I have them everywhere and yes they have a fowl odor. STINKY STINKY Bugs. There Asian Beetles and this is the time of year for them. I kill 'em all day long, go to bed and in the morning their back. Driving me nuts! NO NO NO don't squash 'em they really smell then, they stink just by lightly touching 'em. I went and got some raid and I spray 'em, bad thing is, they always hibernate on my kitchen ceiling.
    I Feel Your Beetle Pain,
    Kari

Attacked too!
    Blame the farmers! They brought them to the US! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sick of them!

Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Yeah Jeanne,
    We had a problem with that one year-I thought maybe they were attracted to heat from the sun?..
    My sister in law is battling it in Canada as we speak!

I hate these beetles! Does
    I hate these beetles! Does anyone know when they will finally get out of my house?

But, I do like the other Beatles!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I hate these beetles! Does
    I hate these beetles! Does anyone know when they will finally get out of my house?

But, I do like the other Beatles!

I think they stop when it
    I think they stop when it freezes out, if I remember correctly. But if they are already in the house you might have to get rid of them yourself.

Yeah, still takes two tries to post.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Yeah Jeanne,
    We had a problem with that one year-I thought maybe they were attracted to heat from the sun?..
    My sister in law is battling it in Canada as we speak!

Someone suggested to put a
    Someone suggested to put a container of liquid soap and water out. I did and just got a couple of them. HA! So, I don't think that works too well.

HUGS
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

Someone suggested to put a
    Someone suggested to put a container of liquid soap and water out. I did and just got a couple of them. HA! So, I don't think that works too well.

HUGS

Beer works for slugs. or
    Beer works for slugs. or snails. I forget what it works on but something.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Beer works for slugs. or
    Beer works for slugs. or snails. I forget what it works on but something.

Beer..hmmmmm
    Maybe if I DRINK the beer, I won't notice them. EH?

LOL

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

The Beatles...
    Ha ha. I also thought you were talking about the The Beatles, and that you were struck with a sudden case of Beatles mania. I pictured you listening to their albums over and over and becoming obsessed. LOL.

As for the BEETLES, yes we have them, too. I try to ignore them and my cats get to them eventually. Maybe you could get one of those Rumbas that are self-powered. Then you could just run the machine and have it chase the beetles away.

Mimi

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Beer..hmmmmm
    Maybe if I DRINK the beer, I won't notice them. EH?

LOL

Beer? I think that is for
    Beer? I think that is for slugs. I also tried the soap and water, didn't work. I think we just have to wait for a frost to kill them. So, come on FROST!

Kylez ♥
  • Ritzy
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Got them too
    This post is funny. Talking about beetles and the Beatles! Yea, we have those ladybugs or beetles too. I hope they go away soon. They do seem to go for the sunny windows. I smashed them too and they do stink. So, now I am using the sweeper.

Booty LOL
    LOL your pic Diane! I love it!

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Beer? I think that is for slugs. I also tried the soap and water, didn't work. I think we just have to wait for a frost to kill them. So, come on FROST!

Kylez ♥

LOL
    Beetles or Beatles? Too funny!

♥ Noel
  • jnl
    Options
    Noel said:

LOL
    Beetles or Beatles? Too funny!

♥ Noel

Freeze or Frost
    They have been saying on the news that probably only a hard frost or freeze will eliminate them. I never thought I would want that yet, but, I am tired of the stupid bugs too.

And, are all of the Beatles dead except for Paul? Is Ringo still alive?

Leeza
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Kylez ♥

Beer is great for snails. I
    Beer is great for snails. I had a friend who had a snail infestation. She got a big tub and filled it with beer. She had all her kids gather up all the snails they could and dumped them in the tub. Now, she didn't want to traumatize them by seeing them foam and die so she told them they were giving them a bubble bath. After the main event, she told them to go in the house and she would put them all back. The next day and day after she did the same thing. When they were all gone, she told the kids they were all clean and had gone home to their mommas. They were obviously very little kids, but they loved the snail bubble bath and told everyone at school about it. I thought it was too funny but then I am a little twisted. And I can't stand snails.
    Stef
  • jnl
    Options
    fauxma said:

Beer is great for snails. I
    Beer is great for snails. I had a friend who had a snail infestation. She got a big tub and filled it with beer. She had all her kids gather up all the snails they could and dumped them in the tub. Now, she didn't want to traumatize them by seeing them foam and die so she told them they were giving them a bubble bath. After the main event, she told them to go in the house and she would put them all back. The next day and day after she did the same thing. When they were all gone, she told the kids they were all clean and had gone home to their mommas. They were obviously very little kids, but they loved the snail bubble bath and told everyone at school about it. I thought it was too funny but then I am a little twisted. And I can't stand snails.
    Stef

Beer for snails, then for ME
    Ok Stef, if I give the snails a little beer, then I consume the rest, will the beetles disappear? I think they just might! HAHA

They are worse now since it has warmed up. I HATE these things!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

Beer for snails, then for ME
    Ok Stef, if I give the snails a little beer, then I consume the rest, will the beetles disappear? I think they just might! HAHA

They are worse now since it has warmed up. I HATE these things!

Well, they probably won't
    Well, they probably won't disappear, but if you have enough beer you won't care. LOL>
    Stef
  • jnl
    Options
    fauxma said:

Well, they probably won't
    Well, they probably won't disappear, but if you have enough beer you won't care. LOL>
    Stef

Chug Chug
    Hey, I think they are gone! HAHA! Thanks Stef!

Drinkin' Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

Chug Chug
    Hey, I think they are gone! HAHA! Thanks Stef!

Drinkin' Leeza

ugh
    They are getting worse here now. The weather has gotten warmer and I think that is making them reproduce. Guess they don't have birth control :-(

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Booty LOL
    LOL your pic Diane! I love it!

They were playing some of
    They were playing some of the Beatles songs the other day on the radio. I couldn't help but smile because it reminded me of this post. Beatles or Beetles?

Debby
  • Ritzy
    Options
    DianeBC said:

ugh
    They are getting worse here now. The weather has gotten warmer and I think that is making them reproduce. Guess they don't have birth control :-(

Hugs, Diane ♥

Drown em!
    Instead of sweeping them up, just put some soap and water in a little container and drown the buggers! lol Then, you shouldn't have the smell.

• padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    DianeBC said:

ugh

Hugs, Diane ♥

The attack of the beasties
    They say they come in when the weather gets cool outside. I have had an attack of those little pissants, all around my kitchen counter. In previous years I just raided the window and under the sink and they were gone, but my new kitty who is much younger than my old (RIP) kitty loves to lay up on that windowsill, so this year i can't spray. I did when I went away for a few days, then washed good when I got home, but there are still some stragglers. They say if they are still around after the first frost (which we are supposed to get tonight) then the nest is in the house already and you are screwed. Oh well - I will find out tomorrow morning! You got stinkbugs???? EWWWW, hate those things. Wish I knew how to tell you to get rid of them, did u google it?
    Pat
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

The attack of the beasties
    They say they come in when the weather gets cool outside. I have had an attack of those little pissants, all around my kitchen counter. In previous years I just raided the window and under the sink and they were gone, but my new kitty who is much younger than my old (RIP) kitty loves to lay up on that windowsill, so this year i can't spray. I did when I went away for a few days, then washed good when I got home, but there are still some stragglers. They say if they are still around after the first frost (which we are supposed to get tonight) then the nest is in the house already and you are screwed. Oh well - I will find out tomorrow morning! You got stinkbugs???? EWWWW, hate those things. Wish I knew how to tell you to get rid of them, did u google it?
    Pat

No
    I don't have stinkbugs and I don't think that is what they are talking about Pat. These are beetles or ladybugs that are around now because of the farm crops, beans in particular. They will probably die with a hard frost or when the beans are out of the fields. It is common this time of year. They are just a nuisance until the crops are harvested and the farmers are late this year.