I think that Jack will be going home soon

pattynonews
pattynonews Member Posts: 176
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Well I see the signs of the last stage he sleeps all the time and does not want to eat, he is so onfused at times, I did go to the bookstore and bought 2 books about heaven, I need to know Jack will be at peace where he goes, He woke up last night so worry that I had no money or food and would not be taken care of, I had to show him that i had money and food, I know he is holding on becasue his love for me and he wants to take care of me, I finally talked to him today and he is at peace that I will be ok and I will meet him on the other side, I see him suffering now and I feel it is my fault he is holding on because of me, I want his spirit to be free even if that means he will be going home, and I know I will never find another love like Jack. please keep us in your prayers

Comments

• grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    Prayers and Hugs
    My prayers are with you. It's hard to convince them that we can take care of ourselves. It's harder still to lose them. Our sons and I all told my husband that he could go when he was ready. He, of course, had the added assurance that they will watch after me if I need help. He was the love of my life and my rock but I know I can go on. I don't like it. I miss him, but I know he is still with me in so many ways. You will have Jack with you in your heart. Take care, Fay
  • jimbeam50
    jimbeam50 Member Posts: 47

Prayers and Hugs
    My prayers are with you. It's hard to convince them that we can take care of ourselves. It's harder still to lose them. Our sons and I all told my husband that he could go when he was ready. He, of course, had the added assurance that they will watch after me if I need help. He was the love of my life and my rock but I know I can go on. I don't like it. I miss him, but I know he is still with me in so many ways. You will have Jack with you in your heart. Take care, Fay

So brave
    You all have been so brave and I hope I can follow your example. I want to be strong and take care of my husband to the end but I also want to hide away and not face it all. Patty, did you get the book The five people you meet in Heaven? It made me feel so good after reading it. I pray for all of us. Sheila
  • junklady
    junklady Member Posts: 88 Member
    Patty, I am thinking of you
    Patty-I am thinking of you and Jack. It just breaks my heart to hear what is happening. I know someday I will be where you are at with Jack. I'm angry, frustrated and cry all the time. I see little signs that the tumor is growing, the lymph nodes are swelling. Still a lot of mucus coming out of trach. Dale is just so frustrated with that, it wears him out. He still goes on with daily things, but is slowing down some. I just can't stand the thought of what is to come to the love of my life. I want to scream. Enough said. Try to be strong, Patty, and know that Jack does love you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
  • mr steve
    mr steve Member Posts: 285
    Patty
    You are in our prayers as well.

Steve
  • MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254
    Patty
    It's only been 10 days since my husband passed. But I wanted to share something with you. All during those many months we were fighting cancer we tried so hard to be positive and sometimes I know we were in total denial. But, as I could see the end approaching I realized how selfish I had been. Wanting him to keep fighting.....was it for him or for me? I watched him laying in the bed the day after he had stopped eating and had a long talk. I know he heard me because his eyes were moving and he was trying to squeeze my hand. I told him "Don't worry, I promise you that everything is going to be okay. And if you see the light my love, please follow it and wait for me. But just make sure you come back and visit...bring me that famous strength of yours". (plus some screws as our sign)

Telling him it was okay to go and not to worry was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life, but I also know it was the right thing to do.

Bless you Patty and tell Jack someone out there cares about him too!

(((HUGS)))
  • pattynonews
    pattynonews Member Posts: 176
    MichelleP said:

Patty
    It's only been 10 days since my husband passed. But I wanted to share something with you. All during those many months we were fighting cancer we tried so hard to be positive and sometimes I know we were in total denial. But, as I could see the end approaching I realized how selfish I had been. Wanting him to keep fighting.....was it for him or for me? I watched him laying in the bed the day after he had stopped eating and had a long talk. I know he heard me because his eyes were moving and he was trying to squeeze my hand. I told him "Don't worry, I promise you that everything is going to be okay. And if you see the light my love, please follow it and wait for me. But just make sure you come back and visit...bring me that famous strength of yours". (plus some screws as our sign)

Telling him it was okay to go and not to worry was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life, but I also know it was the right thing to do.

Bless you Patty and tell Jack someone out there cares about him too!

(((HUGS)))

Telling Jack
    We sat down with Jack and told him it was ok for him to go home that I will be ok I will miss him but we will meet again and I know you will be waiting for me, He flip flops from day to day, he had a good morning he actually walked out side and lit some incent this morning, and last night he just stood up and held me last night, I went out and bought jack a puumkin for Halloween and put in his room , he stays in the hospial bed now durning the day but likes to sleep in our bed at night, I know the end is soon and I had to stop being selfish and tell Jack it was ok to go becasue I did not want him to stay and be in pain, Im interested in reading about heaven so I sit next to him and read them, I know I will be lost with out him and I will have a broken heart but I need Jack to be at peace, I think this is the right thing to do, I will cherish everyday we still have,

I love you Jack and your free spirit will always remain in my soul, and the one thing Jack always wanted to do for me was buy me a ring, So we decided to take some of his ashes and make me a ring, so we will always be connected
  • MichelleP

Telling Jack
    We sat down with Jack and told him it was ok for him to go home that I will be ok I will miss him but we will meet again and I know you will be waiting for me, He flip flops from day to day, he had a good morning he actually walked out side and lit some incent this morning, and last night he just stood up and held me last night, I went out and bought jack a puumkin for Halloween and put in his room , he stays in the hospial bed now durning the day but likes to sleep in our bed at night, I know the end is soon and I had to stop being selfish and tell Jack it was ok to go becasue I did not want him to stay and be in pain, Im interested in reading about heaven so I sit next to him and read them, I know I will be lost with out him and I will have a broken heart but I need Jack to be at peace, I think this is the right thing to do, I will cherish everyday we still have,

I love you Jack and your free spirit will always remain in my soul, and the one thing Jack always wanted to do for me was buy me a ring, So we decided to take some of his ashes and make me a ring, so we will always be connected

Patty
    I feel your pain dear one.....you know how fresh mine is right now. I don't need to remind you to spend all the time you can with Jack because you already do that now. I'll say a prayer for God to give you strength.

Don't forget to try and take a quiet moment for yourself too. I didn't do that....and I needed it desperately.

PS When you can, please visit the emotional support section and post under the "memory thread". I bet it will help!
  • MichelleP

Telling Jack

Patty
    duplicate...sry