I've been bitten...by the travel bug!!!!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, after purchasing tix for my '3 month switch' to Holland, and planning a big Christmas get-together with my friends here in the states, I decided that wasn't enough excitement.

So, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, my beau and I are headed for a week cruising the Mexican Riviera! I am SO stoked!!!! I got a 'last minute deal' e-mail from Travelocity, and it was so inexpensive that they were almost paying ME to go (ROFL!).

It will be my last gasp of warm weather before facing the arctic blasts of winter in The Netherlands...

Hugs, Kathi

P.S. Don't forget, we have 2 guest rooms in Holland...you gals are always welcome!

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    travel
    Sounds like a great trip you have planned! And as far as us gals being welcome to visit you in Holland ... maybe we could ALL come ... at the same time. I'm sure we could figure out some way to fit into 2 bedrooms ... and I'm sure we wouldn't be too much trouble. What's an extra 50-75 people. I'm sure your beau would love to have a house full of gabbing women around for a week or two. We could bring our own sleeping bags and pillows ... and it would just be like a big slumber party.

Of course we should have someone take notes of everything we say and do ... then write a book or movie about the whole thing. I'm sure it would be a real HIT. It would make others laugh and cry. A house full of women who have never met in person but all feel like sisters. All the things of a great hit movie.

Just a thought.

hugs.
    teena
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    tgf said:

travel
    Sounds like a great trip you have planned! And as far as us gals being welcome to visit you in Holland ... maybe we could ALL come ... at the same time. I'm sure we could figure out some way to fit into 2 bedrooms ... and I'm sure we wouldn't be too much trouble. What's an extra 50-75 people. I'm sure your beau would love to have a house full of gabbing women around for a week or two. We could bring our own sleeping bags and pillows ... and it would just be like a big slumber party.

Of course we should have someone take notes of everything we say and do ... then write a book or movie about the whole thing. I'm sure it would be a real HIT. It would make others laugh and cry. A house full of women who have never met in person but all feel like sisters. All the things of a great hit movie.

Just a thought.

hugs.
    teena

Teena, sounds like a plan.
    Teena, sounds like a plan. We'd give the movie "Living Proof" a whole new storyline. Seriously though, wouldn't it be great to all meet each other???
  • KathiM
    tgf said:

travel

Just a thought.

hugs.
    teena

And in the back, there are dutch cows....
    Maybe someone could milk them, and make shakes for us all....I am laughing so hard!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    MyTurnNow said:

Teena, sounds like a plan.
    Teena, sounds like a plan. We'd give the movie "Living Proof" a whole new storyline. Seriously though, wouldn't it be great to all meet each other???

MyTurnNow, i would love to
    MyTurnNow, i would love to meet everyone!! i wish we could all get together and plan something, I got it, a Cancer Cruise. Should suggest it to american cancer society, i would love to meet everyone. Anyone good at planning? That would be one rocking boat, or maybe LasVegas, since it appears we are all good gamblers with all the odds that are thrown at us and the odds we all have beaten. Yes, it would be great to meet everyone. (someplace warm, though)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    meena1 said:

MyTurnNow, i would love to
    MyTurnNow, i would love to meet everyone!! i wish we could all get together and plan something, I got it, a Cancer Cruise. Should suggest it to american cancer society, i would love to meet everyone. Anyone good at planning? That would be one rocking boat, or maybe LasVegas, since it appears we are all good gamblers with all the odds that are thrown at us and the odds we all have beaten. Yes, it would be great to meet everyone. (someplace warm, though)

A cancer cruise, I can make
    A cancer cruise, I can make the plans because that's what my husband does. He's a cruise planner. Meena I've really thought that would be a good idea.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    No way I would miss it!!
    There is no way I would miss meeting everyone, so I'm in for what ever ends up planned. How much fun would that be? So us to think of doing something like this, huh? LOL Pammy
  • KathiM
    natly15 said:

A cancer cruise, I can make
    A cancer cruise, I can make the plans because that's what my husband does. He's a cruise planner. Meena I've really thought that would be a good idea.

I'd go, too!
    And maybe we could get Komen involved...on most cruises, there is a 'On Deck for the Cure' 5 k walk/run around the decks.

GREAT idea!

Hugs, Kathi