just found out I have breast cancer

Beatlegirl65
Beatlegirl65 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone in Fort Wayne, IN...that has input on doctors, surgeons, etc? Much appreciated...

Comments

• JmG86
    JmG86 Member Posts: 53
    Not from Indiana, but just
    Not from Indiana, but just want to express my sympathy. This board will give you alot of hope and encouragement. We will laugh and cry with you, or just listen when you need. We are all just a computer click away. Good luck and God Bless.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Hi, Beatlegirl, and welcome.
    Hi, Beatlegirl, and welcome. I am from IN, but closer to Indianapolis. I know that Fort
    Wayne (beautiful city, BTW) has a couple of really good hospitals, and I am sure that you can find excellent treatment from their doctors. Good luck, and keep us posted on how everything goes. You will find many friends on this board, as well as answers to questions that you might have.

Hugs & prayers sent your way....
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Tux said:

Hi, Beatlegirl, and welcome.
    Hi, Beatlegirl, and welcome. I am from IN, but closer to Indianapolis. I know that Fort
    Wayne (beautiful city, BTW) has a couple of really good hospitals, and I am sure that you can find excellent treatment from their doctors. Good luck, and keep us posted on how everything goes. You will find many friends on this board, as well as answers to questions that you might have.

Hugs & prayers sent your way....

Indiana
    I'm also in Indiana ... Bloomington ... so I'm not familiar with the Ft. Wayne area doctors. When I was diagnosed I went with recommendations from the folks who did the biopsies ... friends who had gone through breast cancer etc. I ended up with a lumpectomy and was very pleased with my (local) surgeon. I do know that there are several excellent surgeons in the Indy area if you want to try there.

Good luck.

hugs.
    teena
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Just wanted to welcome you
    Just wanted to welcome you to the boards. There are many wonderful supportive people here. I'm not in the Indiana area either but wanted to welcome you.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Just wanted to welcome you
    Just wanted to welcome you to the boards. There are many wonderful supportive people here. I'm not in the Indiana area either but wanted to welcome you.

I also want to welcome you
    I also want to welcome you to the boards. The boards can and will be much help to you as you continue on your journey. Just reseach you doctors. I also found it help full to ask nurses at the hospital who they would go to if this was them. Good luck
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Welcome
    I am not from Indiana either, but want to welcome you. Trust your instincts, that's what I did and had some really great care from some really great doctors. Ask at your primary care physician's office, the doctor can refer you to someone he knows, but sometimes the girls at the desk know more from their own and family experience who might be better.
    But, like I said, not for the reason you are here, but the fact that you found us - A BIG VIRTUAL HUG and WELCOME!
    Pat
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    I mentioned your concern
    I mentioned your concern today to my hair stylist & she mentioned that the big hospital on the southwest side of Fort Wayne (just off I-69) has a cancer center, so you might look into that. WIshing you the best...