has anyone else wbc still dropped after chemo was done

e_hope
e_hope Member Posts: 370
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
alright ladies.. has anyone else had this happened!!! that their wbc cont. to drop after chemo was complete.... I am 8 weeks from my last chemo treatment and my blood cell count is STILL dropping. I was 2.6 after my last treatment and now I am 1.9.... My mind is racing as to why... any help.. I feel great other than that...

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    WBC post-treatment
    E_Hope, my wbc fluctuated for a while, and is still just 3. something. I completed rads on Aug. 12. None of my docs seem very concerned, though. I just have to continue to be very cautious.

If I were you, I would talk with my onc. about your wbc falling. If he/she is not concerned, it will be good for you to understand why.

I hope your wbc does start climbing soon. I know the feeling of fear when test results are anything less than expected.
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    Moopy23 said:

WBC post-treatment
    E_Hope, my wbc fluctuated for a while, and is still just 3. something. I completed rads on Aug. 12. None of my docs seem very concerned, though. I just have to continue to be very cautious.

If I were you, I would talk with my onc. about your wbc falling. If he/she is not concerned, it will be good for you to understand why.

I hope your wbc does start climbing soon. I know the feeling of fear when test results are anything less than expected.

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Moopy23 said:

WBC post-treatment

Talk to your oncologist.
    Talk to your oncologist. Hopefully, he can explain why and put your mind at ease.

Debby
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    E
    I had problems with my blood counts for a long time after chemo and through rads. My onc had me have my blood drawn 1 a week until it slowly climbed back up.I felt like I was his mystery patient because he couldn't figure out what was wrong.
    I'm with the others-ask your onc about it!