Cool day at school

dyaneb123
dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
When I walked in to school today after radiation I noticed a lot of the faculty had on pink....then I noticed that they all had on pink!!! For me!!! It was BC support for Dee day! I also got daisys and a cute necklace....What a nice surprise, for no specific occasion....The only bad part was since they didn't tell me , I was the only one not wearing pink!

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    dyaneb
    What a nice thing to do for you. It must have been a wonderful surprise!!Hugs, Diane
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That was such a sweet thing
    That was such a sweet thing to do. Good thing you weren't wearing pink, now everyone knows who the party was for. That's awesome!!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    MyTurnNow said:

That was such a sweet thing
    That was such a sweet thing to do. Good thing you weren't wearing pink, now everyone knows who the party was for. That's awesome!!

As if that wasn't nice
    As if that wasn't nice enough, they called everyone in pink out for a photo and handed me an envelop with $200. to help with my gas money to rads. I have to drive an hour each way....so thoughtful...A really nice thing to do!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

As if that wasn't nice
    As if that wasn't nice enough, they called everyone in pink out for a photo and handed me an envelop with $200. to help with my gas money to rads. I have to drive an hour each way....so thoughtful...A really nice thing to do!

I continue to be amazed and
    I continue to be amazed and humbled by the generosity of people. I'm so happy for you! What a special group of people they are!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    dyaneb123 said:

As if that wasn't nice

You have wonderful friends
    You have wonderful friends and that was a wonderful gesture. Everything helps. Happy fo ryou. God bless you.
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Cool!
    If that were me I would have just ended up crying. Some people care a lot - and it shows in their words and actions.

I'm glad you had this today.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Don't sweat not having pink
    Don't sweat not having pink n made you stand out in the croud! What a wonderful thing they did, they must love you very much to show such support.
    tj
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    tjhay said:

Don't sweat not having pink
    Don't sweat not having pink n made you stand out in the croud! What a wonderful thing they did, they must love you very much to show such support.
    tj

I think that was the
    I think that was the sweetest thing for them to do. I am not a big fan of the pink gifts, the idea of all these people in pink for you makes me teary eyed. And the help with gas money, how thoughtful. And I agree, the fact you weren't in pink made you stand out. How blessed you are to have such friends.
    Wonderful, wonderful.
    Stef
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Awwww...
    That was so nice! What an unexpected surprise! Pammy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    That was so nice of them!

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Marcia527 said:

Sweet!
    Glad that you had such a sweet blessing today. So incredibly sweet and thoughtful! :)
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Pretty amazing that they
    Pretty amazing that they were able to keep it a secret. They really do love you. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    AHHHHHHH that is so sweet of them to do!
    I bet it made you feel great too!

Hope you're doing okay with rad's, remember to get all the rest you can!

Aurora