Stupid BC commercials #2 another rant (you'll like this one)

dyaneb123
dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok so this Doctor comes on and says "the best way to fight breast cancer is prevention" so my ears perk up....Prevention? Please do tell us how to prevent it.....
"and the best prevention," he goes on to say " is mamograms and self exams" Huh? I can "prevent" a recurrence through mamograms and self exams?...gee I'll have to tell my Onc. that... I always thought that the mamogram and self exam were for early DIAGNOSIS !!!Silly me! If I had known I could have "prevented" my BC through mamograms and self exams , I would have had one every day...and this commercial has been on the local channel for at least 2 weeks.... I swear!!!!....

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    I hear you....
    It is sad to mislead the public. Wonder who is getting rich off that one? Greed is a terrible thing. Pammy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Akiss4me said:

I hear you....
    It is sad to mislead the public. Wonder who is getting rich off that one? Greed is a terrible thing. Pammy

Ok, Pammy, quit being so
    Ok, Pammy, quit being so darn cute. And, whew! Thanks, Dy, for the stupid commercial. Self- breast exam and mammos did not help one bit to prevent MY breast cancer. xoxoxox Lynn
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    lynn1950 said:

Ok, Pammy, quit being so
    Ok, Pammy, quit being so darn cute. And, whew! Thanks, Dy, for the stupid commercial. Self- breast exam and mammos did not help one bit to prevent MY breast cancer. xoxoxox Lynn

Groannnnnnnnnnnnnn
    And I though WE were the Daft Sods! LOLOL!