Neumega

LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Any of you lovely ladies ever have to receive Neumega shots for low platelets?

If so,I have a few questions. How often, side effects, etc.

I gave myself a shot today in doctor's office and brought rest of neumega home with me to give wed, thur and fri.

Hope to have chemo Monday. This is 3rd time of moving treatment back a week because of either low platelets or white count.

In His Grip,
Libby

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Only Transfusions
    Hi Libby, this must be fairly new as I have never had it but have had platelet transfusions a few times. I heard someone else mentioin the shot before but can't remember who, or if it was on this site. :-) We just move my treatments but then I don't get the red blood cells shots anymore either, just take lots of iron and a transfusion when I get too low, Medicare doesnt' cover the shot. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

PS I love this picture of you ~ you are radiant!
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    BonnieR said:

Only Transfusions
    Hi Libby, this must be fairly new as I have never had it but have had platelet transfusions a few times. I heard someone else mentioin the shot before but can't remember who, or if it was on this site. :-) We just move my treatments but then I don't get the red blood cells shots anymore either, just take lots of iron and a transfusion when I get too low, Medicare doesnt' cover the shot. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

PS I love this picture of you ~ you are radiant!

thanks
    Thanks for the compliment. Not bald this time, but slowly thinning and not coloring either!!

If the neumega shots do not work, I guess it will be platelet transfusions. Yes, the shots are I believe $6,000 each. I have them at home now giving to myself but need to order some needles and syringes.

I also take Neulasta day after chemo and usually Procrit for red count as soon as chemo is over. This chemo has really done a number on my bone marrow. Did before and never really got my numbers back to where they use to be before all this cancer/chemo started!

Side effects are swelling, redness in face, etc., temperature raises for me but not too much. Congestive heart failure would be the worse!! Everything we do to be able to have chemo seems to have side effect, too.

Have a great day.

Love,
    Libby
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    I like it too!
    Love your new picture. I just get my carboplatin every four weeks so that gives me time to recover. Still the numbers are going down. I have not had to have any booster shots so far. Praying that your counts come up so that you can get your treatment, Libby. Saundra