Peaceful Passing

Options
grandmafay
grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
My husband passed very peacefully in his sleep this morning.

Comments

• mr steve
    mr steve Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Fay
    Fay,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad for the two of you it was peaceful. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Steve
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    mr steve said:

Fay
    Fay,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad for the two of you it was peaceful. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Steve

I'm so sorry
    Fay,

I'm sure you don't know me, I'm usually on the lung or head and neck boards, but I have read all of your posts as you seem like such a kind and wonderful person.

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Please remember that he will always be with you in spirit.

God bless you and your family,
    Glenna
  • onlyhuman
    onlyhuman Member Posts: 99
    Options
    so sorry
    Fay
    I am so sorry for your loss. Do take care of yourself (dont try to be too strong...we are all allowed to give ourselves a break).

Regards
    Sangeeta
  • Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Bless your heart, so now you can breathe. Your husband has been released from your care, and he's okay now. When you can't control your mind, get out pictures of when he was okay before and look at them. Memorize them. They can help get you through some of the sadness.
  • sue Siwek
    sue Siwek Member Posts: 279
    Options
    we are near in age, i am 65
    we are near in age, i am 65 and my husband will be 67 soon. my husband has had brain cancer. he is cancer free in the last five years, was diagnosed in 2000. you have been married for a long time, as we have (42 years) hard to imagine life with out them. i will say that at the begining of our journey i promised my children and grandchildren that i would stick around. find that strength in your children and grandchildren. i know you are religious...more than me but i think we can agree that we live forever in the hearts and minds of those we love...i.e. children and g-children, stay strong, he would want you to.
  • MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254
    Options
    sue Siwek said:

we are near in age, i am 65
    we are near in age, i am 65 and my husband will be 67 soon. my husband has had brain cancer. he is cancer free in the last five years, was diagnosed in 2000. you have been married for a long time, as we have (42 years) hard to imagine life with out them. i will say that at the begining of our journey i promised my children and grandchildren that i would stick around. find that strength in your children and grandchildren. i know you are religious...more than me but i think we can agree that we live forever in the hearts and minds of those we love...i.e. children and g-children, stay strong, he would want you to.

I'm so sad for your loss.
    I'm so sad for your loss. It's the hardest thing in life to live with. The loss of someone you love so dearly. Please just take one moment at a time. I can't say it will get easier because I don't even know that yet myself....it's only been one week for me.

((((HUGS))))
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    MichelleP said:

I'm so sad for your loss.
    I'm so sad for your loss. It's the hardest thing in life to live with. The loss of someone you love so dearly. Please just take one moment at a time. I can't say it will get easier because I don't even know that yet myself....it's only been one week for me.

((((HUGS))))

Fay
    My condolences To you and your family. Now we are on a different journey now , please take care Its been 6 months since angel died and it still seems like yesterday I still cry everyday for him.

michelle
  • SonSon
    SonSon Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Poem for you
    I am posting this poem for you...

The night has a thousand eyes,
    and the day but one;
    yet the light of the bright world dies with the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,
    and the heart but one;
    yet the light of a whole life dies when love is done.

F.W. Bourdillon (1852-1921)
    There will always be a flame in your heart for him... and a light in the sky for you.
    Fatima
  • grandmafay
    Options
    Glenna M said:

I'm so sorry
    Fay,

I'm sure you don't know me, I'm usually on the lung or head and neck boards, but I have read all of your posts as you seem like such a kind and wonderful person.

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Please remember that he will always be with you in spirit.

God bless you and your family,
    Glenna

Love of Labs
    I have read your posts and appreciate your thoughts. How could I not notice a fellow lab lover. Yours looks a little older than my 1 year old. Mine is helping me get through this. He shares my bed and I talk to him. Fay
  • grandmafay
    Options
    More Thanks
    Thanks to everyone for your kind and supportive words. My family is here and I an hanging in there. I went to sleep last night thinking of all the good times. My husband had a great sense of humor and our sons and I have been remembering the way he could make us laugh. Fay
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

Love of Labs
    I have read your posts and appreciate your thoughts. How could I not notice a fellow lab lover. Yours looks a little older than my 1 year old. Mine is helping me get through this. He shares my bed and I talk to him. Fay

Gotta Love Labs
    You're right Fay, mine is 7 years old and I would be lost without him, he is always by my side or sleeping with me. Your dog will help you through this, even if just in little ways, as he will be there for you to talk to when things seem their worst.

Take care of yourself as you are a special person. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bless you,
    Glenna
  • pattynonews
    pattynonews Member Posts: 176
    Options
    my prayers are with you
    My prayers are with you my sweet dear, I am so afraid, Jack will be going home soon, but I will say a pray for you and keep you in my prayers
  • junklady
    junklady Member Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fay, I am so sorry
    Fay, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I just don't have the perfect words of comfort, but I want you to know I am thinking of you. You will be in my prayers. Just know that he is at peace and there is no more suffering. Hugs to you.
  • onoinc
    onoinc Member Posts: 2
    Options
    My Prayers Are with you!
    May God surround you with loved ones to carry you through this difficult time. How ling were you married?