can not sleep.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi ,well like every night here latley I am wide awake.i can only sleep if i take sleeping pills.I am getting dependent on them.i didn,t take any tonight and here i am still awake.I see their is 20 people on line right now.so I am not the only one awake.(Pat).

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Me too
    My sleep schedule has been messed up from day one. It gets worse and worse as the weeks go by. But I think it has a lot to do with loathing around all day, every day! When I feel better, I'll start moving around more and make myself tired. Hope your not up too late! Pammy
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    you're not alone
    ah, Pat, I'm having trouble sleeping too. A lot of it is life right now ... haven't taken any sleeping pills, but may have to talk to doc soon. Have you tried chamomile tea? It does relax you. It works like a diuretic on me, though, so I'm up all night going to the bathroom! :) I don't know anyone else that has that problem drinking it ... so you may want to try some. Sorry Pammy that you're up too. ... hmmm ... maybe we need to have a cyber slumber party ... an insomniac party? LOL. I'm getting goofy. :) Sorry ladies that you can't sleep, but if there is any comfort in knowing that you're not alone ... you're not alone!

take care ... may sleep come soon!
    dh
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I have sleep issues, too,
    I have sleep issues, too, but it is getting better. My psychiatrist said that once your sleep pattern is disturbed, it can take months and months to get it back to normal. I took Xanax for a long time, but I rarely need to take it now. It may just take time. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    lynn1950 said:

I have sleep issues, too,
    I have sleep issues, too, but it is getting better. My psychiatrist said that once your sleep pattern is disturbed, it can take months and months to get it back to normal. I took Xanax for a long time, but I rarely need to take it now. It may just take time. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Thanks for reminding me lynn
    I forgot about the xanax. I know my Dr says it is not a good sleep aide, but I always thought it calmed my mind enough to fall asleep. Maybe I will start to give that a try in the evening again. Thanks for mentioning it. Pammy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks for reminding me lynn
    I forgot about the xanax. I know my Dr says it is not a good sleep aide, but I always thought it calmed my mind enough to fall asleep. Maybe I will start to give that a try in the evening again. Thanks for mentioning it. Pammy

Drugs
    I finally got some pills from my oncologist to help me to sleep when I needed something. They work pretty well too. So, that is my answer...Get Drugs!

Sue :)
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Akiss4me said:

Me too
    My sleep schedule has been messed up from day one. It gets worse and worse as the weeks go by. But I think it has a lot to do with loathing around all day, every day! When I feel better, I'll start moving around more and make myself tired. Hope your not up too late! Pammy

I have the same problem
    I am on and off sleeping pills since my surgery.
    After I finished Chemo it became even worst. My oncologist said it is a typical side effect of Chemo and induced menopause and hormonal imbalance. I am trying stop using Ambient , which i have been using for 6 months and switch to herbal supplements. Recently I have been using Kava-Kava. It gives me from 5 to 7 hours of sleep