I have free Emend to give away... Does anyone need anti-nausea medication?

mimivac
mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I hope I am not breaking any laws here, but the recent discussion on the high cost of Emend made me go through my medicine cabinet this weekend. I have a sealed packet of two Emend pills, never opened, with a clear expiration date stamped on them. I paid $90 for these two pills and would hate to see them go to waste when there are others who need it. So, if anyone undergoing chemo right now who has a prescription for these pills wants them and feels comfortable doing so, please PM me your address and I will send them to you.

Mimi

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MimiVac .. what a generous offer ...
    My Emend is covered my insurance .. 3 pills for $60.00 every 3 weeks ..so I am covered.. what a wonderful gift for someone.

I am sure one of the other 'Chemo Chicks' will pipe in and take the pills off of your hands.

VickiSam
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Mimi - If no one replies,
    Mimi - If no one replies, maybe an experience I had will be of help to you. When my children were little, they had ear infections. The medicine that worked best was Zithromycin (I think I'm close), which was very expensive. Because I lived so far from any pharmacy, I always had a round of the prescription in my cupboard, so that if someone was diagnosed with otitis media, I had the undiluted medicine at hand.

Once I had a bottle of sealed Zithromycin in my cupboard and I no longer needed it. I returned it to my pharmacist so that it could be used by a needy family. This happened through my nurse practitioner. It did seem crazy just to throw it away.

xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Mimi - If no one replies,
    Mimi - If no one replies, maybe an experience I had will be of help to you. When my children were little, they had ear infections. The medicine that worked best was Zithromycin (I think I'm close), which was very expensive. Because I lived so far from any pharmacy, I always had a round of the prescription in my cupboard, so that if someone was diagnosed with otitis media, I had the undiluted medicine at hand.

Once I had a bottle of sealed Zithromycin in my cupboard and I no longer needed it. I returned it to my pharmacist so that it could be used by a needy family. This happened through my nurse practitioner. It did seem crazy just to throw it away.

xoxoxoxo Lynn

Thanks, Lynn
    That's a good idea. I actually have lots of unexpired medication I want to give away. I think my oncology clinic takes them to give away. I will contact them if no one here responds by the end of the week.

Mimi
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    mimivac said:

Thanks, Lynn
    That's a good idea. I actually have lots of unexpired medication I want to give away. I think my oncology clinic takes them to give away. I will contact them if no one here responds by the end of the week.

Mimi

Prescriptions
    Prescription drugs are controlled substances. So probably the best approach would be turning them over to the clinic, where their distribution can be handled by someone who is licensed to dispense them. This would allow you to be generous without liability. Hugs to you. Gracie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Prescriptions
    Prescription drugs are controlled substances. So probably the best approach would be turning them over to the clinic, where their distribution can be handled by someone who is licensed to dispense them. This would allow you to be generous without liability. Hugs to you. Gracie

That is so kind of you Mimi
    That is so kind of you Mimi to offer that! I hope someone can use it.

Sue :)