ROLL CALL: Cold and rainy weekend plans?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Tonight
    After my problems yesterday (crying on the radiation table) my husband decided to stay home from work tonight so he could spend the night with me. I came home from work at 1:00 this afternoon and made a bunch of phone calls to set up doctor appointments. I changed my gyno appt from mid-November to next Wednesday (not feeling quite right and am worried that is is more cancer). I also set up an appointment with a dermatologist to get a full body skin check. As soon as the kids got home from school we watched the movie Monsters vs. Aliens (we have Netflix). I don't know what we are going to do for the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow I will probably go grocery shopping (yuck) although at this point I am very tired and am not sure if I'll feel up to it. I brought home some work and will probably spend a few hours working on my laptop so I can get some projects done before Monday.

No plans for Sunday.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    One word.....
    "NOTHING"....the only plans I have is to rest! OK, I lied, I may try out a few new ice-cream flavors, but thats it!! Pammy
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

One word.....
    "NOTHING"....the only plans I have is to rest! OK, I lied, I may try out a few new ice-cream flavors, but thats it!! Pammy

Nothing is great! Resting
    Nothing is great! Resting is even better! :)

Hope your feeling better, Pammy! Enjoy that ice cream! :))))

Grace and peace,
    dh
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Nothing is great! Resting
    Nothing is great! Resting is even better! :)

Hope your feeling better, Pammy! Enjoy that ice cream! :))))

Grace and peace,
    dh

My Spiderweb
    Thanks Stef. I am glad you like my spiderweb. Someone once said it gave them the creeps, but, I don't remember who it was. They just didn't like spiders. But, I like it, so, I kept it on.

HUGS
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

My Spiderweb
    Thanks Stef. I am glad you like my spiderweb. Someone once said it gave them the creeps, but, I don't remember who it was. They just didn't like spiders. But, I like it, so, I kept it on.

HUGS

The weekend plans
    Hey Mimi! It looks like most of us are having the cold and wet weather. Well, except the CA people, and, they will fall into the ocean someday. Ok, that was a joke. Don't get all defensive. HA

We have friends coming out for dinner tomorrow night. Nothing fancy, but, a good meal with wine, conversation and laughs.

Sunday we will probably just lay around and rest or watch football together. Hopefully, there will be leftovers so that I don't have to cook.

Kylez ♥
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

My Spiderweb

HUGS

Season 7 of 24 marathon
    Me and my honey. It actually started last weekend and will run thru Oct. We wait till it is on dvd and rent the whole season commercial free! It is so addicting!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Season 7 of 24 marathon
    Me and my honey. It actually started last weekend and will run thru Oct. We wait till it is on dvd and rent the whole season commercial free! It is so addicting!

weekend
    Yesterday I brought Jake to the doctors with high fever, sore throat and rash---He has strep throat so we went to bed at 7pm.

Jake's fever broke during the night so we will be making sure he is resting and drinking plenty of fluids this weekend so he can go to school on Monday.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Oh Mimi,
    Secret plans may be

Oh Mimi,
    Secret plans may be afoot. So don't overindulge in the snacking. I think we are going to have pizza (I love pizza) and watch a movie and just relax. Tomorrow we will be taking stuff to storage, Goodwill or Mission Solano, and going through the garage. We have done alot but there is still so much to do. UGH!! It seems unending but then I see how much we have done and I have okay with what is left. It will all get done sooner or later. But right now, this is what all my weekends seem to be. After we are done and moved, we are going to go to Yosemite with Denise, Kyle and the grandkids, even if it is cold and snowing. Just get a nice place at the lodge and enjoy some day hikes and the view of the falls. It might be January but we will get there.
    Stef

Secret plans?! I only wish!
    Stef, a lodge at Yosemite sound great, even in the winter. A few years ago, Simon and I spent a few days at Jenny Lake Lodge in Grand Tetons National Park. It was heaven. One of the best vacation we've ever had. The lodges were not fancy, but nice. The food, in the main lodge, was 5-star phenomenal. So, we would hike all day in either the Tetons or Yellowstone, then come back, shower and change into nice clothes and go to cocktail hour at the lodge. I still remember this lavender liquor-infused milk they had. Oh and the martinis! To top it off, there would be live music -- a fantastic solo guitar player one time. Then we would go into a 5 course dinner every night. Oh my. Just remembering it... Sometimes in the evenings, they would have other programs like a local historian would come in and talk about the history of Jenny Lake Lodge. So fascinating. I love that stuff. Then in the morning, there would be a hearty breakfast and we'd be off hiking again. One of the best parts was that they had free bicycles so you could ride from your cabin to the main lodge. It was like out of a movie. Anyway, sorry I went on and on.

Good luck on all you sorting and packing this weekend Stef!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Tonight
    After my problems yesterday (crying on the radiation table) my husband decided to stay home from work tonight so he could spend the night with me. I came home from work at 1:00 this afternoon and made a bunch of phone calls to set up doctor appointments. I changed my gyno appt from mid-November to next Wednesday (not feeling quite right and am worried that is is more cancer). I also set up an appointment with a dermatologist to get a full body skin check. As soon as the kids got home from school we watched the movie Monsters vs. Aliens (we have Netflix). I don't know what we are going to do for the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow I will probably go grocery shopping (yuck) although at this point I am very tired and am not sure if I'll feel up to it. I brought home some work and will probably spend a few hours working on my laptop so I can get some projects done before Monday.

No plans for Sunday.

Awww, Wolfi
    Glad your husband took the day off for you. Also, I think it's good that you are being proactive with all your appointments. I went through the same thing. Thought for sure I had some gynecological problem, too, and made my gyn. appointment early. It was nothing, but I felt better knowing that. I think you will have similar relief. Take it easy this weekend, Wolfi.

Mimi
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

weekend
    Yesterday I brought Jake to the doctors with high fever, sore throat and rash---He has strep throat so we went to bed at 7pm.

Jake's fever broke during the night so we will be making sure he is resting and drinking plenty of fluids this weekend so he can go to school on Monday.

Our Weekend
    Meeting some friends tonight for pizza, then probably going back to one of their homes. Nothing too exciting, but, we love our friends and love being with them.

On Sunday we usually just lay around and enjoy it however we want. We do love our Sunday's a lot! LOL

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    It's a beautiful day in the
    It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. So I plan to dig potatoes this afternoon. Purple potatoes! Maybe dry the last of the plums. Last night I drove 2 1/2 hours to a high school football game. Such is life when you live in Idaho. Our team is undefeated, and my son, who is a freshman, got to play. My daughter and foreign exchange daughter are cheerleaders, so Friday night football is a family event. f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f. Ok, that's out of my system.

I like staying home, making pizza, sipping wine,watching movies, then reading myself to sleep and that is what I plan to do.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

It's a beautiful day in the
    It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. So I plan to dig potatoes this afternoon. Purple potatoes! Maybe dry the last of the plums. Last night I drove 2 1/2 hours to a high school football game. Such is life when you live in Idaho. Our team is undefeated, and my son, who is a freshman, got to play. My daughter and foreign exchange daughter are cheerleaders, so Friday night football is a family event. f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f. Ok, that's out of my system.

I like staying home, making pizza, sipping wine,watching movies, then reading myself to sleep and that is what I plan to do.

Lynn, I am really amazed at
    Lynn, I am really amazed at how you love life now. I remember not so long ago how down you were. I just love reading your lovely posts-even digging potatoes. The sun shines through your words now.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Lynn, I am really amazed at how you love life now. I remember not so long ago how down you were. I just love reading your lovely posts-even digging potatoes. The sun shines through your words now.

I know. I still call myself
    I know. I still call myself the depression queen. I still take Zoloft, I still visit a counselor once every two weeks (I love her), I still practice Yoga, and it's hard to believe I just wanted to be dead a year ago. Please take heart, those of you who are down right now; the page turns and a new chapter begins. xoxoxox Lynn
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

It's Sweetest Day today and...
    my sweetie is laid-up in bed with his arm cast. He told me it's so heavy, therefore all he wants to is to sleep. Typically, we go out for dinner on Sweetest Day week-end, because the 18th is our anniversary. Well, that will just have to wait a bit.

I was up early, 5:15, then laid back down until a more respectable hour, 7:15. I walked my dog, exercised, and got a hair trim. I'm leaving soon to do my hospice gig, a quick stop a store to get some tennies (mine finally wore out), go to a prayer circle to pray for some people who are imprisoned in Tehran for their faith, possibly end my time away from home with my daughter who wanted to go to a fashion show, finally my day will end with a cold evening walk with my dog . Tmr, I will be going (without hubby) to a study circle. Since my husband is deafblind and the cast covers half of his palm in his "receiving" hand we can't even communicate well, so he is taking a break from our weekly study circle time. I will probably make homemade pizza for our stay-at-home anniversary dinner (since he loves pizza).

Not a very exciting week-end, but it's a typcially busy one. I'm thankful that there is no icy rain or snow yet :), but it will be here far too soon and then stick around for about 6 months-ugh!

dmc