Healthy Recipes

Options
mcsessions
mcsessions Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Is there a good website where I can find healthy recipes that could be appetizing for my Mom after having her chemo?

Comments

• ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Go to dlife.com it's a
    Go to dlife.com it's a diabetic website but it has some really good recepies and it gives you the nutritional breakdown. Mind you, while I was going through chemo, everything tasted like cardboard. I did enjoy fruit smoothies, milkshakes and sorbets (the cold felt good). Try different foods and stick with the ones your mom can tolerate and keep down. Good luck to you and I hope everything goes well with your mom.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    ninjamom said:

Go to dlife.com it's a
    Go to dlife.com it's a diabetic website but it has some really good recepies and it gives you the nutritional breakdown. Mind you, while I was going through chemo, everything tasted like cardboard. I did enjoy fruit smoothies, milkshakes and sorbets (the cold felt good). Try different foods and stick with the ones your mom can tolerate and keep down. Good luck to you and I hope everything goes well with your mom.

You are a caring daughter!
    I want to first say what a caring daughter you are, and how much I wish that every woman going through cancer treatment had someone like you in her life!

I highly recommend the ACS' booklet, "Nutrition for the Person with Cancer During Treatment: A Guide for Patients and Families." It has a couple of pages of recipes, and lots of recommendations for what/how to eat to manage different side effects. I referred to it constantly during chemo, and got lots of helpful ideas from it.

You can call the ACS to have them send it to you free of charge, or read it on their website.

Hope that helps,

Traci
  • mcsessions
    mcsessions Member Posts: 48
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

You are a caring daughter!
    I want to first say what a caring daughter you are, and how much I wish that every woman going through cancer treatment had someone like you in her life!

I highly recommend the ACS' booklet, "Nutrition for the Person with Cancer During Treatment: A Guide for Patients and Families." It has a couple of pages of recipes, and lots of recommendations for what/how to eat to manage different side effects. I referred to it constantly during chemo, and got lots of helpful ideas from it.

You can call the ACS to have them send it to you free of charge, or read it on their website.

Hope that helps,

Traci

Thank
    you so much Traci, I will find the document and read it.
    I wish I could do so much more for her.
    Are you done with your treatment??? If so I am so happy for you.

Thanks again
    MC