Completed Round 2 of Chemo

Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

Am making strides! Have just completed 2nd of 6th rounds of chemo today. I feel great in knowing that I am making progress!

Have to say that I had a slight reaction to Taxotere today. The nurse slowed the drip because my breathing increased, I felt my face and neck heat up and my legs started hurting slightly. Once I was over that hurdle, it was smooth sailing. Hubby and I went out for some lunch and then it was time to head back home.

My hairstylist shaved my head at home three days ago, and I am now sporting a wig that reminds me of Steve Perry's( Journey) hair. It also has touches of Sonny and Cher jet straight hair for added measure. I normally have wavy, thick hair so this is definitely a new look for me. I think this look will eventually grow on me.

I joined the Wellness Community Support Group yesterday at the urging of my oncologist. I broke down and cried at my last appointment and he suggested going to a meeting or two to help with this challenging life change. I went and am glad that I joined. It's a healthy outlet for me. It took a while to dive in, but I know the group will do me good!

That is all. My best to you on your journey. You are stronger than you think! Don't kid yourself, it's true!

Bella Luna

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Congrats on completing your
    Congrats on completing your 2nd round of chemo. I bet you look beautiful with your wig or without. Glad that you are checking out a support group. They really are great to go to. They can help so much. Good luck with the rest of your chemo.

Debby
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Bella Luna
    I'm glad your doing well. How often are your rounds? My 2nd is on the 26th every 3 weeks. The wig look will be something to get used to, it's coming for me too. Shedding has started. Best to you, too.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    second Chemo
    I just did my second chemo Weds.My hair went a 11 days ago.I didn,t think I would get through losing my hair.But of course I did.I shaved it myself and it felt good to be in control.I wear a wig when I go out and a turbon hat or scarf at home.Good luck to you.And congrates on shaving your gair.(Pat).
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    laurissa said:

Hi Bella Luna
    I'm glad your doing well. How often are your rounds? My 2nd is on the 26th every 3 weeks. The wig look will be something to get used to, it's coming for me too. Shedding has started. Best to you, too.

Do you still have your hair Laurissa
    Hi,I know you were getting close to haveing your head shaved last time I talked to you.Hope your doing ok with it.Love and prayers(Pat).
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ppurdin said:

second Chemo
    I just did my second chemo Weds.My hair went a 11 days ago.I didn,t think I would get through losing my hair.But of course I did.I shaved it myself and it felt good to be in control.I wear a wig when I go out and a turbon hat or scarf at home.Good luck to you.And congrates on shaving your gair.(Pat).

Keep strong .. Bella Luna, Laurissa and Pat
    I am a few days ahead of you three ladies. I start my 3rd chemo TCH cocktail on Tuesday .. however, I also have herceptin 2nd and 3rd week = which then equals 1 chemo treatment .. NO BREAKS .. Believe me when I state -- there are side efforts of Herceptin ..

Good luck with the wigs, and stay strong .. Hate hate hate my TCH weeks.. 1/3 of the way there ...

VickiSam
  • Bella Luna
    VickiSam said:

Keep strong .. Bella Luna, Laurissa and Pat
    I am a few days ahead of you three ladies. I start my 3rd chemo TCH cocktail on Tuesday .. however, I also have herceptin 2nd and 3rd week = which then equals 1 chemo treatment .. NO BREAKS .. Believe me when I state -- there are side efforts of Herceptin ..

Good luck with the wigs, and stay strong .. Hate hate hate my TCH weeks.. 1/3 of the way there ...

VickiSam

Stong, without a doubt!
    Hi Vicki,

You're on your way, Girl! Keep going, congrats on being 1/3 done!

Bella Luna
  • Bella Luna
    laurissa said:

Hi Bella Luna

Same schedule
    Hi Laurissa,

I have the same schedule as you. I go in every 3 weeks for Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin. Have 4 more cycles to go, but... a year of Herceptin to look forward to. Best of luck to you!
    BL
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wishing all of you chemo
    Wishing all of you chemo ladies good luck with your chemo! You are true warriors!

Sue :)
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Hey - sorry about the bumpy
    Hey - sorry about the bumpy start but I'm glad it all worked out. I go in tomorrow for my 2nd round. I had a few stray hairs sticking up on my otherwise bald head so I took my puppy's clippers and trimmed them to nothing. Yes, you heard me. My little maltese was standing at my feet looking up at me with a concerned glint in his eye saying, "Hey, those are mine! You can't use them!" Oh well. I feel better with a uniform look. I'm telling you, it's the OCD in me. Good luck to the rest of the group heading into the next round.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    pitt said:

Hey - sorry about the bumpy
    Hey - sorry about the bumpy start but I'm glad it all worked out. I go in tomorrow for my 2nd round. I had a few stray hairs sticking up on my otherwise bald head so I took my puppy's clippers and trimmed them to nothing. Yes, you heard me. My little maltese was standing at my feet looking up at me with a concerned glint in his eye saying, "Hey, those are mine! You can't use them!" Oh well. I feel better with a uniform look. I'm telling you, it's the OCD in me. Good luck to the rest of the group heading into the next round.

Pitt wishing you the best
    Pitt wishing you the best that is possible tomorrow. If my white count goes up, I'll have my 2nd treatment next Tuesday. My hair is coming out in handfuls now--all over the place.