Does your hair start growing back after Chemo when you are doing radiation?

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,i forgot to ask my Dr. if my hair would start growing back during Radiation.Or is it after tads.I know it will be after chemo.Thank you.(Pat).

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Good News: Your Hair will Start Growing
    Hi, my hair started growing back after right after chemo. By the end of rads, I had quite a bit of hair.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hair
    Hi Pat, my hair started growing back while I was on the Taxol, and continued during radiation. Again, everyone reacts differently, but I would count on some peach fuzz soon!
    I posted a pic of my last day of radiation, it shows how much my hair had grown (and it was our office Christmas Party)
    Cat
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Hi Pat, your hair will start
    Hi Pat, your hair will start growing back after Chemo. Radiation does not affect your hair. How are you doing with the whole hair thing, I know that really upset you. But remember, no more bad hair days. Take care
  • ppurdin
    Options
    meena1 said:

Hi Pat, your hair will start
    Hi Pat, your hair will start growing back after Chemo. Radiation does not affect your hair. How are you doing with the whole hair thing, I know that really upset you. But remember, no more bad hair days. Take care

hi Meena.
    Thanks for your reply.I am doing great after i got tired of being upset over it going to happen.When it started comming out in handfulls I buzzed it myself.I had cryed and wined to long over it.you ladys were so nice about it.I know it had to get old after awhile.all the post I did over it.It was so Impowering to take control.I was lucky and got a wig that looks like my hair before I cut it.And it feels good to wear.I wear little turbon hats around the house.So I am ok with it.no bad hair days for me for awhile.Thanks for your concern.Love and Prayers.(Pat).
  • ppurdin
    Options
    Good news.
    Thanks everyone.I am glad to hear that.But I am really doing ok with it.Thanks to all your wonderful replys.Shaving my head finally was so impowering.But we all have to do it when we are ready.Love and prayer going your way.(Pat).
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi, Pat
    If you can buzz your head so can I, when the time comes. My hair is stubborn , wants to stay in but looks like crap, too. Not looking forward to it. I guess once it's gone, it will be ok. Wigs and hats still in the box waiting patiently.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi, Pat
    If you can buzz your head so can I, when the time comes. My hair is stubborn , wants to stay in but looks like crap, too. Not looking forward to it. I guess once it's gone, it will be ok. Wigs and hats still in the box waiting patiently.

hair
    We're all different. Cat got her hair back while she was on taxol ... and I lost mine while I was on taxol. Some say their hair started growing back while on radiation ... but mine didn't really start growing until a few weeks after I finished radiation. All I know is after wearing my hat for 6 months I was glad to see anything growing. I even think I would have been thrilled with pink flamingo feathers! Anyway ... it's just now getting where I'm looking like I just have a VERY SHORT haircut ... sort of the chia pet stage of growing. But ... I'll take it!

hugs.
    teena
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    i took my wig off about the
    i took my wig off about the middle of radiations i took 33
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

i took my wig off about the
    i took my wig off about the middle of radiations i took 33

Rads won't affect your hair
    Rads won't affect your hair growth, so, when you finish chemo, your hair should start growing back.

Well, actually it will under your arms. I lost all of the hair under my arm! So, no shaving the armpit anymore or sweating there! I like that!
  • ppurdin
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi, Pat

Hi Laurissa
    I feel so deeply for you losing your hair.You put me to mind of how I was getting through it.Sounds like you are almost their.And beleive it or not,you will feel better when you do shave it.Its so impowering.And I wear my wig when I go out.And I wear scarfs and turbon hats around the house.We will get through this.I didn,t think I would.but I am and so will you.Take Care.If I can help,please email me.You can send a private message if you want.(Pat).
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Hi Laurissa
    I feel so deeply for you losing your hair.You put me to mind of how I was getting through it.Sounds like you are almost their.And beleive it or not,you will feel better when you do shave it.Its so impowering.And I wear my wig when I go out.And I wear scarfs and turbon hats around the house.We will get through this.I didn,t think I would.but I am and so will you.Take Care.If I can help,please email me.You can send a private message if you want.(Pat).

Hi Pat
    Mine started coming back about 2 months after chemo and about a month into rads. It's still as baby fine as it used to be, but now its got some waves and curls. It was hard to let it go, and know you can get through this. I am still having difficulty believing I got through it all and hopefully its all behind me. You will get there too!
    Hugs - (the other) Pat